As we inch closer to the new Ford Bronco's long-awaited reveal, the tsunami of tidbits, teasers, and spy shots continues. Thanks to various leaks and eagle-eyed photogs, we already have a decent idea of what Ford's upcoming light truck will look like, but thanks to an official social media post from Ford itself, we now know what the sixth-gen Bronco will sound like.
Taking to Instagram on Tuesday, Ford released a short Bronco teaser that reveals the truck's exhaust note. No, it doesn't sound like the Bronco will come with any thunderous V8s (at least not initially) but, then again, we don't think anyone thought it would. Instead, the growl on display sounds a lot like one of the company's EcoBoost V6s, particularly the 2.7-liter currently found in the F-150. Have a listen for yourself.
This engine's presence would lineup with rumors that peg the Bronco as having Ford's 2.3-liter EcoBoost four-pot as a base engine and the aforementioned 2.7-liter V6 as an option.
And we know this isn't the most academic of sources, for what it's worth, the EcoBoost Wikipedia page already lists the Bronco as an application for those two exact engines. Whether these additions were made by an overzealous Bronco fan or a slightly disgruntled Ford employee with insider info, keep in mind that pretty much anybody can edit Wikipedia, so don't take this as any sort of confirmation. I just thought it was interesting.
Expected to come in both two and four-door configurations, the 2021 Ford Bronco and its seven-speed, crawler gear-equipped manual will drop in its entirety July 13. We'll be sure to have all of the gritty details then.
Got a tip? Send us a note: firstname.lastname@example.org
- RELATEDHere’s the Two-Door 2021 Ford Bronco Testing Out in the DesertPeep the Chevy Colorado ZR2 in the background, which is likely being used as a benchmark for the Bronco.READ NOW
- RELATEDTurns Out the 2021 Ford Bronco Is Being Unveiled on O.J. Simpson's Birthday (Update: Not Anymore)Ford called the decision "purely coincidental."READ NOW
- RELATEDHere’s Proof That the 2021 Ford Bronco Has a Seven-Speed Manual and Crawler GearAll hail the third pedal.READ NOW
- RELATEDVideo Gives Best Look Yet at 2021 Ford Bronco Being Abused Off-RoadGeorgia clay isn't easy on any 4x4, but the new Bronco doesn't seem to mind.READ NOW
- RELATEDNo, Ford Did Not Secretly Reveal the 2021 Bronco to President Trump Last WeekTurns out being president doesn't mean getting a sneak peek at the new Bronco.READ NOW