The Best Car Speakers For Bass (Review & Buying Guide) in 2022
These car speakers will take the bass of your vehicle’s sound system to new heights.
The Drive and its partners may earn a commission if you purchase a product through one of our links. Read more.
The speakers might not be the first feature you consider when you’re checking out a car, but they’re very important. Who wants to drive or ride with subpar sound? From crisp clarity to deep bass, the details of your car’s speakers can make a big difference when you stream music or turn on the radio. And if you want strong bass performance from your car’s sound system, you likely aren’t getting it from your basic stock speakers. However, swapping out your current speakers for an upgraded set with more bass, more power, and more of the sound you want is easy. You just have to find the right car speakers, speakers that are designed to really deliver the bass.
If you want to swap out your current speakers for a set of the best car speakers for bass, you’ll want to check out our picks right here.
Pyle 6.5” Three-Way Sound Speaker System
A pair of speakers that deliver a full range of sound with extra volume and detail.
- Well-articulated mids and lows
- Great bass reproduction
- Crisp sound with a wide range
- Exterior plastic ring around the speakers can be weak
- May require adjustments to fit perfectly
Boss Audio Systems CH6530 Car Speakers
Durable and well-protected against wear and tear to last long while delivering clean, clear sound output.
- Speakers perform very well for their small size
- A lot of bass for their price
- Strong sound clarity
- Can shake at max volume
- May not fit as many models as the product claims
JBL GTO939 3 Way Car Speakers
Impressive quality in both speaker materials and construction, with increased efficiency and better bass response.
- Rich high frequencies and smooth, deep lows
- Extra bass is clean-sounding
- Wide frequency range is great
- Not very long-lasting, especially for the price
- Installation can be tricky in some vehicles
Benefits of Car Speakers For Bass
- Creates a different driving experience. You’ll add satisfying lows and new details to every song you play while you’re on the road. It’s like listening to your music in an entirely new way.
- Adds power to your favorite sounds. Extra bass brings extra power, giving you new surprises and sounds without rattling your car windows. You’ll feel a depth and different low frequencies with bass-enhanced speakers.
- You’ll enjoy more customized sound. A set of car speakers for bass can help you fine-tune your vehicle’s audio performance. You can opt for speakers with different sensitivity, power, and more.
- Offers a simple upgrade. Car speakers with more bass can be a simple and easy change to make, but you’ll notice the effects immediately. The right speakers with the right amount of bass make a big difference.
Types of Car Speakers For Bass
Why Trust Us
Our reviews are driven by a combination of hands-on testing, expert input, “wisdom of the crowd” assessments from actual buyers, and our own expertise. We always aim to offer genuine, accurate guides to help you find the best picks.Learn more
Coaxial car speakers, or full-range car speakers, are convenient and comprehensive. These speakers include absolutely everything you need to upgrade your car’s sound system, making it easy to replace your factory speakers without any fuss. Coaxial speakers contain all of the necessary components in a single house, featuring a tweeter, a woofer, and more. You can opt for different varieties of coaxial speakers, like three-way and four-way systems, for extra customization. They’re the most common type of all-inclusive car speaker system, and they come in many different shapes, sizes, and prices to suit your vehicle’s existing speaker locations.
Component speakers are a more specialized type of car speaker setup. They offer the highest quality sound, and they’re made up of separate speaker components that are all housed individually. The sound systems’ tweeters and woofers are installed separately, and you may need special mounts for these components. Component speakers tend to have a more complicated installation process — for example, you might need to cut holes in your door panel or mount items to the dashboard — and work best when a professional installs them. This speaker setup can also be more expensive.
JBL is just one brand from the storied audio company Harman International — you might recognize its sibling, Altec Lansing. Since the 1940s, JBL has produced impressive audio equipment, innovating to bring quality sound to customers in new ways. Products like the JBL GTO939 3 Way Car Speakers and JBL GTO629 Premium 6.5-Inch Speakers show off the quality car sound systems JBL has to offer.
Pyle, or Pyle USA Electronics, is a leader in car audio systems. First founded in the 1960s, Pyle got its start by manufacturing high-quality, highly advanced woofers. Now, Pyle’s lineup of car audio equipment includes premium speakers meant to turn your vehicle into the perfect listening environment with products like the Pyle 6.5” Three-Way Sound Speaker System.
If there’s a brand that’s serious about car audio, it’s Rockford Fosgate. All of the products in the Rockford Fosgate lineup are designed and created by car audio fanatics to offer the absolute best listening experience on the road. Speakers like Rockford Fosgate R165X3 Prime 6.5” Coaxial Speakers are evidence of the high-performance options you can buy.
Car Speakers For Bass Pricing
- Under $50: Budget car speaker options can be found for less than $50. However, you won’t have the most refined or high-quality sound with speakers within this price range.
- $50 to $100: This is the mid-range option for car speakers with bass. Speakers at this price point can upgrade your factory speakers with crisp, smoother sound and stronger power and bass.
- $100 and up: In this price range, you’ll find car speakers with quality components, construction, and sound. These speakers are more advanced and more specialized, and they can offer enhancements that lower-priced options typically do not.
Power handling is the amount of power that car speakers are able to handle. Measured by watts and RMS power, there are low power systems that can handle low energy levels and high power systems that do the opposite. For more bass, you’ll want more power. But it’s also important to consider the amount of power that your speakers will need to handle.
Car speakers’ ability to create awesome bass depends on the woofer — and the woofer’s materials. The woofer handles low sound frequencies, and it’s where bass comes from. So, you’ll want to choose speakers that have a quality woofer. Look for woofers made with rubber for flexibility, which can create exceptionally deep bass and woofer cones that are lightweight yet stiff. A woofer cone made out of polypropylene is one of the best options.
Speaker sensitivity determines how well your car speakers can deliver sounds at different power levels. While many car speakers are low powered, you’ll want to choose speakers with a sensitivity level that matches your vehicle. For example, a car stereo that features a power rating of 10 to 20 watts RMS would be great when paired with high-sensitivity speakers of 90 or more decibels. If you have a high power system, you can opt for low-sensitivity speakers.
- Measurements. It’s important to measure both the diameter and the depth of car speakers so you know whether or not they’ll fit your car. Don’t assume that all speakers are the same size or that they’ll fit your exact make and model.
- Frequency Range. Speakers’ frequency ranges determine the audible frequencies that they can reproduce. If you’re looking for a lot of bass, you’ll want speakers that have a lower bottom frequency — you can find speakers with frequencies as low as 20 kHz for better, stronger bass.
- Two-Way vs. Three-Way Speakers. Consider whether two-way or three-way speakers will better meet your bass needs. Two-way speakers have just a tweeter and woofer. With a mid-range component as well as a tweeter and woofer, three-way speakers can add benefits like a higher frequency range for added crispness no matter what you’re listening to.
- Crossovers. Speakers without crossovers will mix signals and frequencies, which can result in less-than-ideal performance. If you choose car speakers with a crossover, you’ll have more finely tuned sounds and be able to use an equalizer to achieve the perfect mix of bass and more.
Best Car Speakers For Bass Reviews & Recommendations 2021
The Pyle 6.5” Three-Way Sound Speaker System is an overall excellent set of car speakers for enhanced bass. These speakers have a maximum power output of 360 watts and operate at 180 watts RMS. Built with a 20-ounce magnet structure, the set includes a pair of 6.5-inch speakers that can carry both high and low-end sound for a full, complete range. The speakers feature 4-ohm impedance and a 3/4-inch Piezo tweeter, two details that make the most out of all the power your car’s stereo can provide. You’ll get a smooth, loud, and detailed sound out of these speakers.
Crafted with eye-catching poly injection cones for stiffness and lightness, the speakers can play for longer without becoming prone to wear and tear. And for that critical bass, the rubber-enclosed woofer is ready for everything.
If you want great car speakers with bass but don’t want to blow your budget, the Boss Audio Systems CH6530 Car Speakers are a great choice. This three-way speaker set features a cone made out of polyurethane, an extra tough voice coil that can withstand high temperatures, and 6.5-inch speakers that are both durable and reliable. A Piezo tweeter is also included, and it can be used even without a crossover. But these speakers really shine when it comes to cost.
This sound setup is affordable, and it offers excellent value with quality materials that are designed to last. The speakers are surrounded by rubber to prevent damage and keep your bass thumping, and they’re perfect for bass lovers with a frequency range of 100 Hz to 18 kHz.
The JBL GTO939 3 Way Car Speakers are some seriously premium speakers. And when it comes to bass, these speakers don’t disappoint. With a maximum output of 300 watts, 2-ohm impedance, and a frequency range of 45 to 21,000 Hz, these 6 x 9-inch speakers will delight you. They come with a Plus One woofer cone that’s surrounded by rubber so you can let the bass hit as hard as you want.
These car speakers can actually offer up to 30 percent more bass with a larger cone surface too. An adjustable tweeter and super tweeter made out of Mylar and titanium offer great level control so you can hear all the intricacies of any song. Overall, these premium quality speakers offer high output, excellent bass response, and a long lifespan.
The Rockford Fosgate R165X3 Prime 6.5” Coaxial Speakers are well-built and well-rounded when it comes to sound quality. And they’re a fantastic option if you’re looking for bass that’ll impress. These 6.5-inch speakers are low-power, with a maximum output of just 45 watts. They come with grilles and mounting hardware, with polypropylene cones — the perfect material for adding bass. The speakers will look good and sound good when installed. A silk dome Piezo tweeter and midrange offers more quality to sound overall.
They feature a sensitivity of 91 dB, 4-ohm impedance, and an integrated crossover to save you the cost and effort of adding extra components. And these car speakers are also backed by a full one-year warranty.
If you aren’t getting the quality of sound or the loud bass you want from your car’s sound system, consider the JBL GTO629 Premium 6.5-Inch Speakers. These upgraded speakers can deliver everything you’re missing, with 180 watts of maximum output and sound clarity of 53 Hz. Made with carbon-injected Plus One cones that are larger than competing speakers’ cones, you’ll get more air movement and more bass. A patented UniPivot tweeter lets you control the direction of the sound, and a dual-level tweeter adjustment lets you get excellent sound no matter where the speakers are mounted.
You can customize the sound to meet your personal preferences, and the bass you’ll experience will sound like it’s coming from much larger speakers.
The Pyle 2Way Custom Component Speaker System is a great pick for some serious bass. These 6.5-inch speakers are actually mid-bass speakers, with a woofer in a bright yellow color that’s constructed with a poly injection cone. The woofer is wrapped in non-fatiguing butyl rubber, which keeps speakers securely in place even when the bass is really hitting hard. You’ll get quality sound at any setting with a high-temperature ASV voice coil that delivers rich sound and low distortion.
These car speakers have a maximum power output of 400 watts and sound clarity of 5 kHz. They’re also built with heavy-duty components, like a 40-ounce magnet structure, electroplated steel basket, and a 0.5-inch silk dome tweeter for a 90 Hz to 20 kHz frequency — perfect for extra bass.
The Boss Audio Systems NX694 Car Speakers have the right frequency and range to add bass on every drive. These 6 x 9-inch speakers are built to offer long-term durability as well as wonderfully quality sound. They feature a maximum power output of 800 watts, a sound clarity of 35 Hz, a 4-ohm impedance, and a frequency range of 445 Hz to 20 kHz. That’s the right range to make your bass really pop.
With a cone crafted out of polyurethane and voice coils that are able to withstand high temperatures, these car speakers offer resilience for every ride and every song. Rubber surrounding the speakers can handle a lot of wear and tear while preventing damage, and a stamped basket provides a tough, rigid platform. You’ll get a clean, clear sound as well as extra bass with these speakers in your vehicle.
Have you always wanted a surround sound experience on the road? You’ll be impressed with the listening experience created by the Kicker D-Series 6x9 360 Watt 3-Way Car Speakers. These coaxial speakers deliver surround sound with crisp highs, great lows, and strong bass. They have a maximum power output of 360 watts and 4-ohm impedance. The speakers’ thin profile blends in seamlessly once installed inside your car, and you’ll experience zero to minimal tweeter protrusion.
They can make a world of difference when installed — no matter what the placement is inside your vehicle, you’ll enjoy wonderfully clear midrange and bass that really impresses at low frequencies. The mounting and installation hardware may be slightly off, so make sure to double-check your measurements before buying.
If you love turning up the volume and letting the bass hit hard, the Skar Audio 300-Watt 6.5-Inch Midrange Speakers are a great upgrade from your car’s factory speakers. This set of two speakers features 300 watts of maximum power output, with a rating of 150 watts RMS for each individual speaker. They feature a 21-ounce ferrite motor and have a sensitivity of 92.5 dB. With a frequency response range of 100 Hz to 8 kHz, you’ll have it all covered — including awesome low frequencies for extra bass. A high-temperature 1.5-inch voice coil keeps everything running smoothly even when it gets hot.
Designed to operate at the very loudest volumes with the best efficiency, these car speakers for bass will add the right amount of bass without adding harshness.
The Kicker D-Series 5.25 2-Way Car Speakers are a solid choice if you want to achieve balanced sound without having to sacrifice good bass. With a maximum output rating of 200 watts, each one of these 5.25-inch speakers is made with polyester foam. The woofer, the most critical component for bass, is built with rigid polypropylene to deliver the deep lows you seek.
With 4 ohm impedance and a frequency sensitivity of 90 dB, the sound coming from these car speakers will impress you with its kick. Once installed, you’ll get a boost in both bass and treble so you can enjoy balanced sound without sacrificing the bass element you want most of all. Even with the vibrations and volume of deep, loud bass, these car speakers are built to stay solid and strong.
- Make sure you carefully measure the available space for speakers inside your car, including the speaker size and mounting depth, to get the right fit.
- Speaker power and volume are closely tied to each other, so consider the kind of power you’ll need to turn up the volume at your preferred level.
- Look for car speakers that offer the best quality for their price. A mix of quality components and quality sound at a price within your budget offers the best value — and it can make a significant difference to your car’s audio.
- If heavy bass is your goal, you’ll want to look for car speakers that have dedicated woofers. These speaker setups are better equipped to deliver the bass you want with the right power and attributes.
Q. Which car speaker is best for bass?
There are a number of excellent choices for car speakers that’ll offer better bass. Our choice is the Pyle 6.5” Three-Way Sound Speaker System, which offers great bass reproduction and results.
Q. How can I increase the bass of my car speakers?
There are a few ways you can get more bass. You can add a subwoofer and amp to your car’s sound system, which will deliver the most powerful results. You can also adjust your bass and treble tone controls to fine-tune the sounds coming out of your speakers.
Q. How much does a car speaker for bass cost?
The price of car speakers can vary widely. You can find speakers for less than $50, and some options can cost upwards of $100 to $200. It depends on the type of speaker you choose as well as the quality.
The Pyle 6.5” Three-Way Sound Speaker System is our pick for the best car speakers for bass, with well-rounded smoothness in addition to bass. If you’re looking for a lower price and good quality, Boss Audio Systems CH6530 Car Speakers are a solid option. Let us know which car speakers are your favorites for upping the bass and making an impression.
MORE TO READ
Best 5.25 Speakers (Review & Buying Guide) in 2022
Experience a loud and powerful sound with these top 5.25-inch car speakers
Best Budget Car Speakers: The Better to Hear Jams With
These speakers are inexpensive, but they still sound great
Best 3.5-Inch Speakers: Fill Your Car with a Rich and Warm Sound
Experience exceptional clarity in your sound system with these 3.5-inch car speakers
Best Door Speakers: Fancy Car Audio Upgrades for Audiophiles
Turn your car into the ultimate listening room with our top picks for the best car door speakers