The Best Tesla Model 3 Floor Mats (Review & Buying Guide) 2021
These Tesla Model 3 floor mats offer ultimate protection without sacrificing the look of your car
The Drive and its partners may earn a commission if you purchase a product through one of our links. Read more.
BY Ashutosh Bhosale / LAST UPDATED ON March 23, 2021
Investing in floor mats helps raise the resale value of your vehicle by keeping it clean and free of stains. It is much easier and time saving to just remove the mats and wash them with a hose instead of cleaning your car’s carpet all the time. Since there are numerous non-OEM options to choose from, here’s our list of the best floor mats for your Tesla Model 3.
A set of three custom-fit Tesla Model 3 floor mats from a popular and reputable brand. Set comes with a three-year warranty.
The carbon-fiber structure of these mats makes them highly durable and crack-resistant. XPE foaming inner layer provides cushioning and blocks out vibrations from the floor.
Set does not include trunk mats. Pricing is on the expensive side.
These car mats feature an edge-to-edge design for a perfect fit. They are ideal for the Tesla Model 3 (Aug 2019 to Jan 2021). 3D scan patterns make them customizable.
Mats have an interlocking soccer cell pattern with deep ridges and grooves that trap water, dirt, slush, and other particles. Their rubber material is resistant to extreme temperatures. Easy to clean and maintain.
They are not environmentally friendly and emit a strong VOC smell. They also don’t stay put and keep shifting around.
A complete interior mat set that includes seven center console and cup-holder liners for added protection. Comes with a lifetime warranty.
Unlike traditional rubber floor mats, these have a semi-hard structure that gives them a premium look. These mats are not prone to cracks or tears thanks to the heavy-duty TPO material.
The set does not include trunk mats. Pricing is on the expensive side.
Why Trust Us
Our reviews are driven by a combination of hands-on testing, expert input, “wisdom of the crowd” assessments from actual buyers, and our own expertise. We always aim to offer genuine, accurate guides to help you find the best picks.
Benefits of Tesla Model 3 Floor Mats
- Protect your car’s floor. As you walk around, your shoes pick up stones, mud, debris, leaves, and bubblegum. All these end up on your car’s floor. Over time, they can leave stains in your car. Food spills and drinks can also leave stains and unpleasant odors. Floor mats protect your car’s interior. The removable, easy-to-clean mats ensure your car’s floor remains clean.
- Enhance your car’s look. The Tesla Model 3 is one of the best cars on the road today. If you have one, get floor mats that complement its look. Besides protecting your Tesla’s classy interior, they will enhance its style.
- Preserve your car’s value. Car buyers can be very picky and expect to get good value for their money. Stains on car seats, the footwell, or anywhere else in the car can put them off. They may actually give you a bad offer. The best Tesla model 3 floor mats ensure your vehicle’s carpeting is free of stains, preserving its value.
Types of Tesla Model 3 Floor Mats
Rubber Floor Mats
These are the strongest and most durable car floor mats. They are thick and have anti-slip surfaces. They make for safer driving because they don’t obstruct the pedals. Their surfaces are stain-resistant and protect your car’s floor from water, mud, sand, and other particles. A majority of them come in a black color that works well with any vehicle. Rubber mats are more expensive compared to other car floor mats. They can also be customized for specific car models. They get dirty quickly but are easy to clean and to maintain, protecting your car’s carpeting for longer.
Nomad Floor Mats
Also known as curly mats, nomad floor mats look good and can be easily customized for different cars. They come in multiple designs and colors and their curly surfaces soak up water and liquids to minimize spillages. They also trap mud and dust, keeping your car’s floor clean. The mats are made from heavy-gauge extruded vinyl loops and are easy to clean and maintain. They also don't require regular cleaning. They are less slippery than rubber mats and feel good to step on, which is ideal for driving.
Fabric Floor Mats
These are the most affordable car floor mats. They are designed with an anti-slip rubber back and stay in place whether it’s raining or snowing. They come in universal sizes to fit a majority of cars. You can get them in different designs and colors and they can be removed for dusting or washing. However, they are prone to discoloration and may start disintegrating after a while. Some fabric floor mats are manufactured from synthetic water-absorbent fibers that protect your car. Unfortunately, these car floor mats don’t last very long.
3D Floor Mats
These are expensive, high-end car mats that come in a variety of colors. They can quickly transform cars’ interiors with their stylish designs. They fit cars beautifully and their grooves trap dirt, water, dust, mud, and other particles. 3D floor mats have anti-skid features but may have to be adjusted to avoid obstructing feet. They also get dirty easily, so you need to clean them often. In addition, their material is not absorbent.
Founded back in 1988, Husky Liners makes automotive aftermarket products that protect your car inside and out. The company makes a variety of products, including car floor liners, all-weather car floor mats, underseat storage, mud flaps, and wheel well liners. It is based in Winfield, Kan. If you’re in the market for car floor mats, check out the MOGO by Husky Liners for 2018 Tesla 3.
Well-known for its 3D MAXpider car floor liners and mats, this company is located in Fontana, California. It has won several awards for its innovative products, including the 2014 USA SEMA Global Media Award and the 2014 Geneva Inventions Award Gold Medal. The company believes in redefining protection and continually innovates products that push the boundaries, like the 3D MAXpider All-Weather Floor Mats for Tesla Model 3.
A wholesaler of Tesla aftermarket accessories, TAPTES develops high-quality, reasonably-priced products. The company ensures Tesla owners get value for their money. Some of its products cost 50 percent less than those sold by the competition. You will pay less for high-quality products. The TAPTES team has excellent customer service skills and is very professional. Check out the All-Weather Odourless Floor Mat Liners and make your Tesla Model 3 look awesome.
Tesla Model 3 Floor Mats Pricing
- Under $100: The Tesla Model 3 floor mats in this category are three-piece mats, front mats, or trunk mats. Some do not have raised edges for extra protection.
- $100-$200: A majority of car floor mats are in this price bracket. They vary from three-piece mats to six-piece mats. They are all-weather, high-quality mats and come in a variety of colors. Most are made from rubber.
- $200 and up: These are made from rubber, vinyl, or eco-leather. They are fewer but available in multiple colors.
Thicker mats are better than thinner ones because they are more comfortable. They are heavier and move less as the car moves. They quickly absorb liquid spills and trap dirt, gravel, mud, and snow. Also, they do not crack or curl as quickly as thin mats. Thick plastic or rubber mats with deep grooves are best because they maintain a carpet’s cleanliness.
Choosing the right material for your Tesla Model 3 floor mats is important. The material determines the mats’ durability and frequency of cleaning. Car mats are usually made from rubber, vinyl, or fabric. Rubber mats are more durable, easier to clean, and waterproof. They are ideal for humid environments, especially areas that tend to get muddy quickly. Fabric mats may be made from nylon, olefin, polyester, or Berber. They are more appealing and feel comfortable to step on. However, they accumulate dirt easily and wear out fast. Vinyl car mats are cheaper than rubber mats and are available in a wider range of styles and colors.
Edges and Ridges
The best Tesla model 3 floor mats have high edges. These contain debris and liquid spills, preventing them from getting on a car’s floor. Your car’s carpeting will be cleaner for longer and you won’t have to deep clean it often. Some floor mats are constructed with grooves and ridges that are high enough to channel water away from under the feet.
- Design. Car floor mats come in a variety of styles and colors to meet different tastes and preferences. Pick a design and a color that matches your car. Also, ensure the mats are easy to clean and maintain. All-weather mats are the best because they enhance your car’s interior and protect your car throughout the year.
- Underside: The underside of the mat is an important thing to consider. It can be slippery or have a good grip. A car floor mat with a good grip doesn’t shift or slide around. Get mats with heel pads or anti-skid features as they reduce wear and tear. The floor mats’ backing should have teeth or nibs that hold firmly onto the carpet, allowing you to drive safely.
Best Tesla Model 3 Floor Mats Reviews & Recommendations 2021
- It is always better to choose car floor mats that are a perfect fit for your vehicle as they offer maximum coverage and protection for your car.
- Be sure to clean your floor mats regularly to avoid bad smells and eventual damage to your car’s original carpet.
- You can vacuum the floor mats or wash them with water and mild soap. Do not wash the floor mats in a washing machine because it may damage the machine.
Q: Since these floor mats are non-OEM, will they affect my car’s warranty?
A: Legally, a vehicle manufacturer cannot void the warranty on a vehicle due to an aftermarket part unless they can prove that the aftermarket part caused or contributed to the failure in the vehicle (per the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. 2302(C)).
Q: Are there any eco-friendly floor mats available on the market?
A: Yes. TPO (Thermopolyolefin) mats are completely eco-friendly.
Q: Will the anti-skid material at the bottom of the floor mats damage my car’s original carpet?
A: Some floor mats which use Velcro or nibs for anti-skid properties may damage the original carpet. Our recommendations do not use Velcro or nibs.
The 3D MAXpider Kagu Series All-Weather Floor Mats combine a wide range of features with an attractive design; that’s why they are our top recommendation.
You can select our budget pick, the ToughPRO Black Rubber Floor Mats for Tesla Model 3 if you have a limited budget.