Best Rear View Mirrors: Expand Your Range of Vision
Need a new rearview mirror in your car? Try one of these options
The Drive and its partners may earn a commission if you purchase a product through one of our links. Read more.
Rally Panoramic 5-Panel Rearview Mirror
27.75-inch by 2.375-inch race-style mirror. Features four panels and is tinted. Includes mounting brackets.
- Full and clear panoramic view minimizes the blind spots
- Fits all types of vehicles. Polarized mirrors reduce glare
- Easy installation
- Includes mounting hardware for metal frame above vehicle windshield
- Limited instructions for installation
- May not be as easy to install as advertised
- May vibrate
- May have poor quality screws and plastic
- May not hold up in high temperatures.
Eluto Wide Angle Rear View Mirror
12.1-inch by 2.9-inch interior rearview mirror. Convex design provides a wider-angle view and eliminates blind spots.
- Strongly built and good quality
- Anti-glare coating enhances safety of driving
- Anti-splash treatment protects from accidental bursting
- Rubber clips reduce vibrations
- Easy to install
- The view may be distorted. The installation process may not be as easy as advertised
- May not work if the factory mirror has buttons
- May leave blind spots on wider vehicles
Wide Angle Car Rear View Mirror
11.8-inch by 3.15-inch universal clip-on rearview mirror for cars, SUVs, and trucks. Comes with two blind spot mirrors for your side mirrors.
- Anti-glare and anti-shake mirror
- Provides a clear and undistorted image
- It reflects true distance and a wide-angle view
- Increases visibility, prevents glare and makes driving safer
- Easy to install and disassemble
- The mirror may not provide complete blind spot visibility for wider vehicles
- Requires installation of blind spot mirrors
- It may shake, rattle and vibrate
Best Rear View Mirrors Reviews & Recommendations 2021
See everything with this extra-long, five-panel rearview mirror. The mirror body is constructed of durable ABS plastic and features five individual mirror panels that are each slanted on their own axis. The universal compatibility lets you use this mirror on trucks, vans, cars, and SUVs. It comes with the hardware to mount it on the metal hardware above your stock rearview mirror. Because this mirror mounts over your stock mirror, you will have double the visibility. The mirror measures 35 x 2.55 x 1.75 inches.
One drawback of this mirror is that it requires a more complicated installation than other clip-on options. You need tools to install it. There is also no anti-glare coating, which can make it harder to see when driving at night.
This clip-on mirror measures 12-inches long and 3-inches tall. It gives you a clear and natural reflection that’s distortion-free. It’s constructed of glass and acrylonitrile butadiene styrene, which is durable ABS plastic. Its universal compatibility lets you use it on trucks, SUVs, and cars. This mirror stands out because it has anti-shake and anti-glare qualities. Quickly install this mirror with adjustable clips that stretch up to 9.5 centimeters. The clips have anti-skid padding to give them a secure grip. A standout feature of this mirror is the anti-splash treatment that prevents the glass from shattering.
Unfortunately, the padding on the clips doesn’t prevent vibration. This can make it hard to view images in the mirror while driving.
Reduce the blind spots around your vehicle with this Flat Wide Car Rear View Mirror and side mirror dots. The interior rearview mirror measures 11.8 x 3.15 inches. The universal fit of this mirror makes it compatible with most trucks, cars, and SUVs that measure 5-8 centimeters. The glass is tinted blue to reduce headlight glare and make it safer to drive at night. It also reduces the intensity of sunlight glare to make it easier to see during the daytime. The adjustable clips on the back hook onto mirrors that measure 2-3.1 inches in height.
One drawback of this mirror is that it doesn’t have any rubber or foam cushioning on the back. This can cause it to shake or vibrate while you’re driving.
This curved mirror measures 10.6 x 3.1 inches. Its universal design makes it compatible with CRVs, SUVs, vans, and trucks. The HD glass helps you to clearly see your entire surroundings while changing lanes or reversing. You can also use it to see into your back seat. You can easily install it on your existing mirror with two adjustable buckles. You’ll appreciate the quality construction of this mirror that gives it increased reliability and durability. The adjustable clips on the back can fit stock mirrors that are between 2 and 3.25-inches high. You also have the option of choosing a blue-tinted version that reduces headlight glare.
One drawback of this mirror is that it isn’t much bigger than most stock rearview mirrors. It may not give you a noticeably larger field of vision.
Honorable MentionSkycropHD Anti-Glare Car Interior Rear View MirrorCheck Latest Price
This flat rearview mirror gives you an 11-inch wide-angle view of what’s behind you. An anti-glare blue-tinted coating prevents headlights from bothering you at night. The large size of this mirror increases your view of both what’s behind you and the passengers in the rear seat. It has a universal fit that makes it perfect for trucks, vans, and SUVs. You simply clip it over your existing mirror for a fast and easy installation. Your existing mirror should measure 2.3 to 3.1-inches high to be compatible. This mirror stands out because it doesn’t shake, vibrate, or wiggle while you're driving.
Unfortunately, the body of this mirror is thick and chunky. This can make it difficult to fit onto your existing mirror. Once it is hooked, you may not have enough room to adjust it.
Why Trust Us
Our reviews are driven by a combination of hands-on testing, expert input, “wisdom of the crowd” assessments from actual buyers, and our own expertise. We always aim to offer genuine, accurate guides to help you find the best picks.Learn more
- Decide which mounting is most appropriate. Some mirrors can be attached with an adhesive or a bracket, while others require additional modifications like drilling into the ceiling of your car.
- Most mirrors range from 8-12 inches, while others are panoramic and include multiple mirror panels. Depending on your visibility needs, a single mirror may suffice for an average vehicle, but if you are drag racing or driving a large vehicle, a multi-panel mirror may be a better fit.
- An anti-glare feature will prevent you from getting blinded by the headlights from the cars behind you, especially at night.
- A single mirror may be wide enough to cover the blind spots, or you may need additional blind spot mirror attachments for your side mirrors.
- Many mirrors come with additional features such as automatic dimming, cameras, GPS, compasses, temperature and LCD displays. These features can be excellent additions to the mirror but do result in additional costs.
Q: Why does my rearview mirror turn dark?
A: The mirror will automatically turn dark if it has an auto-dimming feature. A forward-looking sensor detects low ambient light from the headlights behind the car and directs the rear-view sensor to look for glare. The mirrors darken automatically in proportion to the brightness of the glare and then clear once the glare is no longer detected.
Q: What if my mirror shakes and rattles?
A: The mounting mechanism or the adhesive may not work exactly as expected. Do the measurements and the research for the right size and specifications. Additional screws, brackets or different types of adhesive may be required.
Q: What size mirror should I buy?
A: That depends on the size of your vehicle, whether you tow anything behind it, and how you use it (daily commuting versus drag racing, for example). Some drivers prefer a much wider mirror to avoid having to turn their heads so much when switching lanes. Drivers who race or have to commute in a lot of traffic may also benefit from a larger and wider-angle mirror. However, larger mirrors are bulkier and may not be aesthetically pleasing. They may also be too heavy and require more customization while mounting.
Q: Should I get a mirror with additional features like a GPS, a camera, or an LCD display?
A: Many vehicles come with built-in features like GPS, a rear and side-view camera, and LCD dashboards, so duplicating those features in a mirror may be an unnecessary expense. However, if any of those features are not included with your vehicle or have stopped working overtime, replacing them as one of the features on your rearview mirror may be an effective and economical solution.
We recommend the Rally Panoramic 5-Panel Rearview Mirror because it provides the widest rear-view coverage and completely eliminates blind spots, making your drive safer.
The ELUTO Wide Angle Rear View Mirror is the best value option if you need a rearview mirror replacement.