Best Jeep Wrangler Floor Mats: Protect Your Floorboard With Mats That Don’t Skid
A new set of mats is a great addition to your Jeep
The Drive and its partners may earn a commission if you purchase a product through one of our links. Read more.
BY Richard Bowen / LAST UPDATED ON October 25, 2019
Installing a quality set of floor mats in your Jeep will protect the floors from damage, dirt, and wear. Made of a rubber-like material, floor mats provide protection but are easy to clean and maintain. Our top picks are made specifically for the Jeep Wrangler. They also visually complement the front and rear seating areas of your vehicle.
These best floor mats are available in a wide range of options. You can get just the front, rear, cargo, or combinations of these areas. The mats are made from environmentally friendly material, which is strong and durable. The mats are flexible, even in cold weather.
- Available in black, tan, or gray
- High-density TPE material protects against moisture, snow, dirt, and spills
- Easy cleanup
- Don't show stains
- Will not shred or slip
- May not be available in all colors with every combination listed above
- No lip on the back edge where dirt may hit the carpet
These genuine Chrysler floor liners have deep ribs that keep mud, water, and snow off of your carpets to keep them in like-new condition. The custom fit mats fit the Wrangler hold down perfectly and stay put with no slipping or bunching.
- Deep ribs on these mats have a tire pattern that is designed to be an effective protection for your Jeep’s floor, both front and rear
- Material is flexible and easy to clean
- Fits Jeep Wrangler Unlimited four-door only
- Mats seem a little flimsy and could be made a little heftier
These officially-licensed, universal-fit floor mats are economically priced yet made of heavy-duty quality material. They are easy to install and will protect your Jeep’s floor against spills, wear and tear, and moisture damage. The Jeep weather floor mats have a white Jeep name on the rubber floor mats.
- Logos on the mats help the Jeep aficionado retain an “all Jeep” look in the vehicle
- Fit well and dress up the Jeep’s interior
- These Jeep floor mats are durable and well made
- They fit “most” vehicles but do not fit well on a 2017 Jeep Patriot or 2015 Sahara
- They can be trimmed for a better fit
- Dirt may be difficult to remove from the Jeep logo
Why Trust Us
All of our reviews are based on market research, expert input, or practical experience with most products we include. This way, we offer genuine, accurate guides to help you find the best picks.
Benefits of Jeep Wrangler Floor Mats
- Protect the carpet. The weather conditions have a lot to do with the cleanliness of your Jeep’s carpet. If you don’t have a floor mat, the carpet will get dirty in the rain and snow. Floor mats keep your carpets dry during the various seasons, which also keep them smelling fresh.
- Suitable for any weather. Rubber mats have a sidewall that will help keep water from leaking onto the carpet underneath. Whether it’s rain, snow, or mud, you can trust that your carpets will stay clean.
- Increase your Jeep’s resale value. If you plan to sell your Jeep Wrangler at some point in time, potential buyers will be looking at the interior of the vehicle in addition to the exterior, the mileage, and maintenance records. Clean carpets will help you get more value for your car.
Types of Jeep Wrangler Floor Mats
Rubber floor mats offer a great protective layer over the car’s original carpet. The deep ribs allow water, snow, and mud to stay on the floor mat without allowing them to escape over the edge of the mat. This keeps the mud safely off of the carpet. Rubber floor mats can also be removed easily. Simply clean the mats, and put them back in the car when dry.
Carpet floor mats also protect the original carpet on the floorboard. However, carpet mats will get dirty from the dirt and debris that is on the bottom of your shoes. The darker carpet will look cleaner than light carpet. To keep your carpet clean, consider using some carpet cleaner on the floor mats. These types of floor mats can also be treated with carpet protectant.
Generic front mats will protect your car’s floor but might not fit the floor area exactly. Since they are not made to your Jeep’s specifications, they may not protect your carpet as well as mats designed to fit your exact model. The floor mat set may not cover the carpet floor completely. This could cause some dirt and debris to end up on the carpet below.
Founded in 1988, Husky Liners is based in Winfield, Kan. Husky Liners’ custom-fit floor liners are all manufactured and designed in the United States, and they come with a free lifetime, hassle-free warranty. Some top front floor mats are the Husky Liners Jeep Wrangler Floor Mats and the Husky Front Floor Mats.
This company started out as Kramer America USA in 2009. It produces Maxliner custom floor vehicle liners. Its goal is to be environmentally friendly by using 100 percent recycled material in its floor liners. Their floor mats for the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited are the SMARTLINER Floor Mats.
Jeep Wrangler Floor Mats Pricing
- Under $25: Here you will find universal floor mats for your Jeep. They may not be a perfect fit, so make sure you check that the size is accurate.
- $25-$50: These floor mats tend to have more detail and are made from rubber, with ridges to hold water. You can even find a Jeep-branded set at this price point.
- $50-$100: In this price range you will find many molded floor mats. These will provide your Jeep Wrangler with a well-made mat made from durable material. Jeep logos are typically featured on most of the sets.
Some makes of floor mats are sized perfectly to suit your specific Jeep Wrangler, and other companies make generic floor mats that will also fit a Jeep Wrangler. Some floor mats will be sized a bit different, so they can fit many Jeep models. Look for floor mats that will fit your Jeep based on the make, model and year of your vehicle. If the floor mats don’t fit well, they may slide around, which can cause interference with your pedals when you’re driving.
Most floor mats are designed to be non-skid, but make sure that is mentioned in the description. These mats should have a rubber backing. You want to ensure that the mats won’t move around under your feet, especially on the driver’s side mat. You really don’t want the mats sliding under the pedals when you’re accelerating or braking.
Floor mats help protect your car from the elements, including rain. You can’t always wipe off your shoes before getting into your car, so putting your wet, dirty shoes on a rubber mat is a great option. Weather-proof floor mats will keep puddles on your rubber floor mat instead of on the carpet. Later, you can remove the floor mats for easy cleaning.
- Quantity. Some mats are sold as a set of two, and others are sold as a set of four. While you definitely want to get a set of mats for the front seats, you may also want a set of mats for the rear seats. If even one passenger sits in the back seat then it is worth the investment. Make sure you check the listing for the number of mats included in the order.
- Cargo Area Protection. If you store items in the cargo area, you may want to consider putting in a floor mat designed specifically for the cargo area. They are larger in size and fit the rear cargo area of your Jeep. Not only will the cargo mat protect against dirt, but it will also protect your carpet from any damage that comes with the movement of any items stored in your trunk.
Best Jeep Wrangler Floor Mats Reviews & Recommendations 2021
- Do as much research as possible to determine if the set of mats you like will fit properly in your Jeep. This includes reading customer reviews and looking at the product’s specifications.
- Not all mats are the same. Check out the various features each set offers to determine which set of mats is best. Investigate things like thickness, fit, design, and color.
- Inspect the OEM mats in your Jeep and match the size. Determine whether you want to match the OEM style and quality or if you want better-constructed mats, mats with a more attractive design, and/or mats that offer more protection.
- Consider buying a full set of floor mats. Even though you may not have passengers riding in the back seat, you never know when someone will be sitting in the back with dirty shoes. A full set of four mats will protect all of the carpets.
- When you order floor mats based on your specific model of car, you are ensuring that the floor mats will be a good fit. This means that there will be no parts of the carpet showing on the edge of the floor allowing it to protect the floor completely.
Q: Why should I buy and install mats in my Jeep?
First, they protect your floor from wear and tear and from spills, dirt, and moisture. Also, there’s no need to worry about the damaged floor or carpeting when it comes to selling your Jeep because it will still look great after several years. Lastly, a new set of mats can add style and class to your vehicle.
Q: Do Jeep mats require a lot of maintenance?
Periodic maintenance is easy. Just remove the mats from the vehicle, shake them out, and reinstall them. This will remove debris and dirt. For more thorough cleaning, remove them from the vehicle and wash the mats with mild soap and water. Then rinse them off with a hose, dry, and reinstall.
Q: Is a Jeep’s floor mat size adjustable?
Yes, some mats are made so you can cut them to make them fit better. If you like the mats you purchased but they don’t fit exactly, you may be able to trim them with scissors or a utility knife.
The Rugged Ridge floor mats are flexible, durable mats that will protect your vehicle’s floors, while the Mopar Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Floor Mats are a great addition to your Jeep’s interior and help it retain its value.