Best RV Showerheads: Enjoy Quality Baths on the Road
Enjoy quality RV showers with these top choices
The Drive and its partners may earn a commission if you purchase a product through one of our links. Read more.
There’s nothing like the great outdoors, and when you're out in the wild your RV is your second home. For the avid owner, the RV is a modern hotel on wheels with all the creature comforts they need to experience the utmost coziness on their excursions. After a long day in the wilderness, a nice shower can be therapeutic, revitalizing your mind and body. However, most RVs come with a standard showerhead. They are an inexpensive piece of plastic with low water pressure. If you want an upgrade, check our list of the best RV showerheads on the market.
Why Trust Us
All of our reviews are based on market research, expert input, or practical experience with most products we include. This way, we offer genuine, accurate guides to help you find the best picks.
Benefits of RV Showerheads
- Reduce energy consumption. Getting the best RV showerhead will cut down on already limited RV water supply. It will also help reduce energy consumption used for heating water. An average five-minute shower with a standard showerhead may consume around 20 gallons of water; this is about 40 gallons in 10 minutes. Getting a good showerhead kit will ensure you enjoy a great shower experience in the wild without wasting too much water or energy.
- Protect the environment. Going to the wilderness is all about connecting with nature. Since the best RV showerhead uses less energy and water by at least 40 percent, it reduces your overall carbon print, conserving the environment for future excursions.
- Enjoy a therapeutic experience in the wilderness. The best showerheads offer convenience since users can experience comfort in the wilderness from their RV like they would at home. Apart from offering a rejuvenating experience, the best RV showerheads have different spray patterns styles, offer steady water streams, and have swivels for adjustability.
- Convert chlorinated and hard water. Premium RV showerheads come with a filter. These filters are able to convert hard or chlorinated water to safe conditions for you; ultimately preventing harmful bacteria from getting to your body during shower time.
- Clean your entire body. Going out in the wild for most people means limiting your resources. However, it stops being fun when you are sweaty, full of grime, or unable to get a clean bath. This isn’t the case with modern RV showerheads. They are designed to clean difficult-to-reach areas. Also, you won’t have to struggle rinsing thick shampoo from your hair. A quality RV showerhead will rinse your body quickly and completely.
Types of RV Showerheads
The wall-mounted showerhead is perhaps the most common choice for most RV owners. It's cost-effective, easy to use, and easy to maintain. A good thing about this type of showerhead is that it offers several spray options. These options provide several spray styles and flow control choices to suit your showering preferences.
It’s the best showerhead for RV owners who prefer to use a fixed type. Instead of mounting it on a wall, a handheld showerhead attaches to a hose. It's popular since it promotes ease when it comes to removing or manipulating the head. The manipulation makes it easy to clean hard-to-reach areas.
This type of RV showerhead offers a steady constant flow of water directly from above. The rain system showerhead also supplies you with light water pressure utilizing its huge diameter, making the flow of water even. The user will enjoy using this shower without having to squirm or move a lot.
The ceiling mount RV showerhead is the best choice for RV owners looking for a comfortable and luxurious showering experience in the wild. This type of shower head is designed to fit your RV ceiling. However, it is important to note that this unit will need special plumbing during installation.
Oxygenics is a prevalent American showerhead company that has been running for more than 30 years. Founded in 1981, the company’s headquarters are in Reno, Nev. Oxygenics bases its success on its revolutionary mini-jet turbine invention that fuses water with oxygen-expanding water droplets for maximum power. One of their popular products is Oxygenics’ ETL 26781 Showerhead.
Niagara Conservation Corporation
Niagara Conservation Corporation is an American company that sells water and energy conservation products. The company was founded in 1977 with headquarters in Fort Worth, Texas. Some of the company’s conservation products include light bulbs, exterior, and interior lighting fixtures, weather stripping solutions, water heaters, insulation kits, showerheads, among others. Niagara’s Earth Massage Handheld is one of the company’s popular products.
Dura Faucet is an American-owned RV faucet manufacturing company. This company not only offers faucets and showerheads to individual RV owners but also supplies its products to various acclaimed RV manufacturers. Dura Faucet has a wide range of RV showerheads and faucets, including the Dura Faucet SA130-SN.
Best RV Showerhead Pricing
- $15 and under: Budget RV showerheads in this price bracket are popular due to their price tag but tend to have a low-quality plastic build. These showerheads might be ideal for RV owners looking to enjoy a wilder outdoor experience without the creature comforts.
- $20-$30: Some of the most popular RV showerheads are found in this price range. They have a better build quality and include various features such as filters, manipulatable showerheads, and swivels.
- Over $30: The best RV showerheads are found in this price bracket. They are designed with the best quality material and are adjustable, with swivels, interchangeable heads, different splash styles, water, and energy conservation features. If you are looking for a luxurious RV shower experience, these are the showerheads to buy.
The traditional showerhead that comes with your RV will be lacking in performance. It will also have low pressure, and it is unlikely you will have adjustable spray settings. These spray settings ensure that you not only enjoy your shower experience but also conserve water and energy. Modern showerheads are equipped with comfort control knobs that allow you to adjust the water pressure to your liking.
Getting a low-quality, flimsy showerhead will only last a couple of months before you need to replace it, which relates to more out-of-pocket expenditure. The best way to check the build quality of a product is to hold it in your hands.
Ease of Use
When shopping for RV showerheads, ergonomics and simplicity are important factors to consider. Using a showerhead that is complicated to install or too hard to have a grip can be frustrating. Easy-use showerheads make up for enjoyable, short showers that promote energy and water conservation in the long run.
Since water efficiency is very important to RV users, a shut-off valve is of vital importance. These valves allow the user to block off water flow. It’s important to note that the valves won’t stop water flow completely, and a slight trickle may still come even when you don’t want it to.
- Price: RV showerhead prices depend on several things, including materials used, features, and finishes. Before getting one, first, figure out how much you are willing to spend on the unit. Depending on what you want from your showerhead, you don’t need to spend a lot of money to buy and install one in your recreational vehicle.
- Installation: When shopping for a showerhead, you won’t want to buy a unit that will give you a headache during installation. It's also important to get one that comes with a user’s manual. Furthermore, get one that you can easily install in a few minutes. Most showerheads are easy to install, and you will only need to twist them in.
- Performance: Regardless of the type or model of the showerhead you are looking to get, it is important to look at its performance. The performance of a showerhead is influenced by its ability to conserve water and energy and provide good pressure and a steady stream of water. Find one that offers enough water flow to rinse your body thoroughly and completely.
Best RV Showerhead Reviews & Recommendations 2021
- Keep an eye on your showerhead for anything that might cause a leak or nasty buildup. Wiping the fixtures always goes a long way towards preventing buildup.
- Over time, showerheads will begin to clog with deposits. How quickly will depend on how hard the water is in your area. You can remove the hard water and mineral deposits with vinegar. Use a mixture of 50 percent vinegar and 50 percent water for light-duty washing.
- To conserve water during showers, turn your showerhead valve to off when you lather up. If you are going to use your shower for shaving, only use shower water for shaving and rinsing the shaver.
Q: Can I use a regular showerhead in my RV?
A: Yes, you can. However, it's better to go for RV-specified types, especially the handheld units. RV showerheads are specially designed for RVs with limited water supply, energy, and water conservation in mind.
Q: Will getting a quality RV showerhead help save water?
A: Yes. The best RV showerheads are equipped with a smart pause valve or trickle systems that help use the least amount of water from your water tank when required.
Q: What does GPM mean in RV showerheads?
A: GPM stands for gallons per minute. Ideally, this is the water flow rate of the showerhead. A rule of thumb is always to check the GPM of the unit you want before purchasing. The higher the GPM, the more water it consumes.
Q: Are handheld showerheads better than regular showerheads?
A: It depends on your needs. However, the handheld showerheads are more preferable for RVs, since they have a flexible hose and save on space.
Our top pick for the best RV showerhead is the ETL 26781 Showerhead. This unit is a premium option from Oxygenics that’s been designed for comfort and maximum efficiency.
If you are looking to get something that’s pocket-friendly but offers great value, the Niagara Earth Massage Handheld is a perfect choice.