Here's Our Clearest Look Yet at the Next BMW 4 Series
The grille is happening, people.
After being snapped making its way down the assembly line back in October, a car that's all-but-confirmed to be the next BMW 4 Series is showing its massive grille once again thanks to some sneaky photographers. Spotted on the Bimmerpost forums, the shots depict a partially exposed BMW sitting in what appears to be a cargo ship or container (peep the heavy-duty straps and wheel chocks) with a bucktooth-style kidney grille mirroring that of the Concept 4 and M4 GT3 race car.
While the previous leak only gave us a peek at the front of the next 4er (allegedly), this most recent leak includes a glimpse at the German coupe's production-ready rear end that's clearly Concept 4-inspired and unmistakably a BMW. Again, allegedly.
As for the specific caliber of 4 Series this happens to be, this doesn't look like it's the full-on M4 but a rather warmed-up M440i what with its sporty-but-not-too-aggressive front and rear bumpers.
Speaking of full-on M cars, previous reports have quoted BMW M boss Markus Flasch in saying the next-gen M3 won't launch until next year despite the car being ready since at least last October. Both the M3 and M4 are expected to get the same 3.0-liter turbocharged straight-six already employed in the X3 and X4 M crossovers making up to 503 horsepower.
The Drive has reached out to BMW for comment on this latest crop of leaked photos and will update this story when we hear back.
Got a tip? Send us a note: firstname.lastname@example.org
- RELATEDLeaked Photo of BMW With Massive Kidney Grille Could Be Next-Gen 4 SeriesDespite the backlash BMW received for the Concept 4's snout, it looks like the big grille might be headed for production.READ NOW
- RELATED2021 BMW M3 and M4 Set to Debut This Year With 'More Than 500 Horsepower'And yes, a manual will be available.READ NOW
- RELATEDNext-Gen BMW M3 Won't Be Released Until 2021 Despite Car Being ReadyBMW M president Markus Flasch confirmed that last week's photo leak showed a pre-production model.READ NOW
- RELATEDBMW M4 GT3 Race Car Teaser Confirms Ridiculous Grille, More Than 500 HP in Road CarThe production M4 will take a few cues from its motorsport brethren, including the 3.0-liter S58 straight-six.READ NOW
- RELATEDBMW Exec Says 'No' to Front-Wheel-Drive M Performance Cars: ReportFans of the enthusiast-oriented M2 and 2 Series coupes needn't worry.READ NOW