1,300-Mile 2009 Honda Civic Si Could Be Your Tuner-Friendly Time Capsule
You won't find one closer to new than this.
This 2009 Honda Civic Si has just 1,300 miles and can be yours, but you'll pay dearly for the privilege. The car's auction price as of mid-day Saturday is nearly $16,000 and there's still plenty of time left for that number to swell.
The "Bring a Trailer tax" is in full effect with this one, which sold for just a few thousand dollars more than its current auction bids when new. That said, this Civic Si is likely as close to a new example of the car as we’ll ever see. With just 1,300 miles on the clock and almost no modifications other than a sport exhaust to speak of, there’s essentially no need to worry that it's ever been driven hard—a common concern with any preowned sporty car.
As the story goes, this car was once a Honda corporate vehicle before it was sold to an employee in May 2019. As a result of its unique background, its window sticker shows that it was not meant for sale to the public. It’s unclear if that will have any impact on future owners’ ability to register the Civic or insure it.
The current seller purchased the eighth-gen Si and drove it to Oklahoma, where it lives today. Though the 2009 Civic was not a blockbuster hit for Honda, the Si model was a lively performer that still has plenty of fans today. The car is powered by a 2.0-liter VTEC inline-four that made 197 horsepower from the factory, and this one’s got a six-speed manual gearbox with a limited-slip differential.
At the time of this article, the auction still has a full two days left so the $15,750 price tag is sure to grow a bit more before all is said and done. Even though it’s over 10 years old at this point, someone will get a prime example of the Civic Si, even if the price continues to climb.
Got a tip? Send us a note: email@example.com
- RELATED2020 Honda Civic Si Review: The Best $26,000 Car You Can BuyAn exceedingly light refresh proves Honda’s Civic Si was faultless from launch.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Pristine 1999 Honda Civic Si Just Sold for the Price of a New OneThis 20-year-old Honda is more 'museum piece' than 'winter beater.'READ NOW
- RELATED2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe and Sedan Are Available Now and Start at $23,900Want a fast Honda Civic, but don't have Type R money? Here's the next best thing.READ NOW
- RELATED2019 Honda Civic Si: A Volume Knob Brings This Civic Closer to Compact PerfectionIt's the little things that make the biggest difference.READ NOW
- RELATEDHonda Reimagines S2000 Roadster for 2020 With New Anniversary-Edition PrototypePlease—stop playing with our hearts.READ NOW