2019 Honda Civic Si: A Volume Knob Brings This Civic Closer to Compact Perfection
It's the little things that make the biggest difference.
Year Make Model: 2019 Honda Civic Si
Topline: A few key updates to the standard Civic are now found in its sporty brother, along with a couple of new color options and a slight price hike.
What’s New: We never thought we’d be this excited about something so small, but the most notable new feature of the 2019 Civic Si is the volume knob. When the Civic entered its fantastic 10th generation, one of the only things there was to complain about was the lack of a volume knob, with a weird slider thing in its place that was unnecessarily difficult to use. Honda heard the criticism and brought a traditional volume knob to the standard Civic and now on the Si.
Also new for the 2019 Civic Si are two paint choices: Platinum White Pearl for both the coupe and sedan and Tonic Yellow Pearl available only on the coupe. Other improvements include revised steering wheel controls and physical buttons to control the fan speed.
Pricing continues to be identical for the coupe and the sedan. Their starting price for 2019 is $25,195 (including destination) which is a slight $200 increase over the 2018 model’s pricing. But even though it now crosses the $25K mark, the Civic Si is still a tremendous bargain in sport compacts.
What You Need to Know: There were already very few things to complain about in the 10th-gen Civic Si, and now there are even fewer. There aren’t any mechanical changes for 2019, but you won’t hear us whining about the Si’s 1.5-liter, 205-horsepower turbocharged inline four, nor its lovely six-speed manual transmission. For big fun on a small budget, the Civic Si continues to be one of your best options.
- RELATED2018 Honda Civic Si Review: 'Bargain' Doesn't Do It JusticeYou can try and find a better, more exciting sedan for less than $25,000. But you won't.READ NOW
- RELATEDFor 2017, the Honda Civic Si Is a Driver's Car Once AgainNow in the shadow of the Civic Type R, the Si packs a surprising amount of fun into an inexpensive package. Now, about those looks ...READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Pristine 1999 Honda Civic Si Just Sold for the Price of a New OneThis 20-year-old Honda is more 'museum piece' than 'winter beater.'READ NOW
- RELATEDHonda Explains Why the 2017 Civic Si Has Only 205 HPIt all boils down to reliability and affordability.READ NOW
- RELATED2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe and Sedan Are Available Now and Start at $23,900Want a fast Honda Civic, but don't have Type R money? Here's the next best thing.READ NOW