Tracy Morgan's New $2M Bugatti Veyron Crashed Into by Honda CR-V Moments After Purchase
Can you imagine being the CR-V driver making the insurance phone call after crashing into a $2M hypercar?
Imagine you had just bought a brand new car—or at least new to you—and just as you were getting in it for the first time to drive off into the sunset, someone finds a way to ruin your moment by crashing into you. Well, that’s basically how Tracy Morgan felt after recently purchasing a Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport valued in the neighborhood of $2 million.
The 50-year-old actor and comedian quite literally drove off the dealership lot and onto the busy Manhattan streets just minutes before a silver Honda CR-V SUV sideswiped the Veyron Grand Sport on the front driver-side three-quarter panel. Being busy Manhattan, smartphones flew up to capture the scene as it unfolded.
There wasn’t a clear indicator as to who was at fault, but eyewitnesses who saw the accident unfold blamed the driver in the CR-V who was reportedly on his or her phone while driving, which had New Jersey plates. The Honda driver, however, was not charged with any wrongdoing, according to the NYPD.
“He said he got it literally an hour ago and he paid $2 million for it,” said an anonymous witness while speaking to Page Six. “He just bought it, dude, and it’s pretty scraped up.”
The incident occurred at the corner of 42nd Street and 10th Avenue, a bustling corner in Midtown Manhattan at around 1:37 p.m. on Tuesday afternoon. It appears Morgan was in the outside lane of the street before the Honda CR-V attempted to make a right turn from the left lane onto 10th Avenue from 42nd Street.
“When I got the phone call, I said, ‘That’s Tracy’s car?’ I couldn’t believe it. That was its maiden voyage,” Frank Pica, a Manhattan Motorcars sales consultant, told Page Six. “He bought it today. That style with the top down is usually over two million dollars. Those kinds of cars are very rare and to get any year is special.”
Although sympathy poured in for Morgan’s bad luck on social media, it still didn’t come without some heat. Some said he should just stay off the road likely referring to a previous incident that saw Morgan involved in a nearly fatal accident when a sleeping truck driver collided with Morgan’s limousine in 2014.
“Tracy is doing fine and in no pain,” said Lewis Jay to The Post, Morgan’s publicist. “Yes, he had just purchased the car and was driving when the other vehicle hit the car.”
Morgan also took to Twitter to confirm that he’s doing alright, but is still upset about the snafu involving his new ride.
- RELATEDBugatti Veyron Crash in the Andes Mountains Looks Oddly Beautiful, Really ExpensiveJust about the most scenic (and inconvenient) place in the world to crash a $3 million hypercar.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Video of a $3M Bugatti Chiron Destroyed by a Scorned Woman Is a Complete FakeDon't believe everything you see on the internet.READ NOW
- RELATEDHere's What Happens When You Take a $2 Million Bugatti Veyron to CarMaxHow to break the CarMax appraisal system in one simple step.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch a Rare Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport Vitesse WRC Tackle a Rally StageIs this one-of-eight hypercar way out of its element or a perfect hillclimb monster?READ NOW
- RELATEDA Bugatti Veyron Converted to Rear-Wheel Drive Is a Master of DonutsOne exotic car rental company made the Veyron fun in something other than a straight line.READ NOW