High-Speed Crash Launches Whole Subaru WRX Engine and Transmission Into Nearby Yard
Yet another case of why you should keep your hooning shenanigans on the racetrack and off public roads.
One Subaru WRX driver recently, and infamously, learned the dangers of speeding through a residential neighborhood when they collided with another vehicle, sending his car's engine and transmission flying into a nearby neighbor's yard.
According to Facebook user Allan Keith, a random Subaru flat-four somehow ended up on his lawn with its exhaust still attached, but it wasn’t a case of an incorrect delivery snafu from Amazon Prime. Rather, it appears a second-generation Subaru Impreza was involved in a high-speed crash in Keith’s neighborhood, where the posted speed limit is reportedly 30 miles per hour.
The crash was apparently so intense that the driver was ejected from the Impreza, much like its drivetrain. Few details have been divulged, and it’s hard to determine where exactly this accident occurred. Nonetheless, Keith later updated his Facebook to say that although the driver was ejected upon impact, he only suffered “a severe concussion, broken ribs, and a broken hip.”
With how mangled the Subaru is, let alone, for the entire drivetrain to end up outside the car, it’s safe to say that the driver is incredibly lucky to have survived the crash with only those injuries. It’s also a testament to how safe modern cars are as the passenger cell appears to be largely intact.
Regardless, as self-professed car and speed enthusiasts ourselves, we understand the temptation to let ‘er rip when you’re out and about, especially if you’re in a fun car. However, for everyone’s sake, including yours, stick to the racetrack and autocross for your hooning needs.
We've reached out to the Mr. Keith for comment and will update if we hear back.
UPDATE: We've received a few tips after the comments section on Mr. Keith's post was updated as more information become available. This accident took place in Utah and the driver was reportedly drunk. Thank you Angie M. and Laura R.!
- RELATEDWatch a Huge Metal Ramp Fly Across the Highway and Violently Crash Into a CarA vehicle ran over what looks like a bike ramp, sending it across four lanes and creating a Final Destination kind of moment.READ NOW
- RELATEDSpoiled Brat Steals Dad's Aston Martin Rapide, Rolls it, Blames ADHD for Violent CrashMaking matters even worse, the Aston was actually dad's rental, and it was due back that same day. Oops.READ NOW
- RELATEDDumb Thieves Crash VW Golf GTI Trying to Steal it Off a Moving Freight TrainThey attempted to use a homemade ramp to "drive" cars off a moving train.READ NOW
- RELATEDNaughty Bear Trashes 2014 Subaru Forester in Search for Gummy Bears, Poops in Back SeatSubaru may be known for its pet-friendly interiors, but this one couldn't stand the bear-and-tear.READ NOW
- RELATEDSubaru Impreza Purposely Rams Into Jeep Cherokee Repeatedly for Cutting TrafficThis lady has zero chill.READ NOW