Buy This Rare Ferrari 575M Maranello and Keep the Gated Manual Dream Alive
This Ferrari is one of 177 delivered worldwide with a six-speed manual transmission, and one of the 80 in the US.
At first glance, the Ferrari 575M Maranello doesn't look like anything to write home about. It's a blip in history from the 2000's overshadowed by the more traditional Ferrari 360 and Enzo supercars. However, the 575M is special, as it's the first V12-powered road car to receive Ferrari's new "F1-style" electrohydraulic transmission. While most 575Ms were sold with this fancy semi-automatic gearbox, a mere 177 were made with Ferrari's iconic six-speed gated manual, and one is currently for sale on Bring a Trailer.
This 2003 575M Maranello for sale in Oregon is a properly-paired wine and cheese platter, sporting one of those 177 six-speed gated manual shifters and a 5.7-liter V12, pumping out 509 horsepower. It also features a Corsa red exterior with beige leather interior, ticking off two more boxes on the quintessential Ferrari checklist.
The car has been regularly serviced since it was delivered in 2003, and currently shows 22,600 miles on the odometer. Most of it is original, although a Sebro exhaust and Tubi mufflers were installed in 2004 to really bring out that V12 wail. It's definitely an improvement, as shown in the video below.
Aside from the F1 paddle-shift gearbox, the 575M features a number of updates over its predecessor, the 550 Maranello. These include an improved interior, bigger brakes, better aerodynamics, more power, and new adaptive suspension. It's part of Ferrari's front-engined grand touring family, succeeded by the 599 GTB.
The car's rarity and importance is already reflected in its price, as the current bid is sitting above $150,000. As one of the last manual, V12 Ferraris, it's more than worth it.
- RELATEDThis Ferrari F355 Berlinetta Converted To a Gated Manual Could Be YoursThe prettiest Ferrari of the '90s is up for auction on Bring a Trailer.READ NOW
- RELATEDAston Martin Vanquish Zagato Volante Listed for Sale With Eye-Watering Price TagOne of only 99 Aston Martin Vanquish Volantes built by renowned coachbuilder Zagato is looking for a new home.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis DeTomaso Pantera GT5 for Sale Is the Holy Grail of PanterasThis widebody version of the ‘80s DeTomaso icon is one of just 252 GT5s built.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Ferrari Testarossa Spider Lives! The Joyful Insanity of the 'Ratarossa'A Ferrari, despite what the legend may have you believe, is just a car. But the Ratarossa is so much more than just a Ferrari.READ NOW
- RELATEDOh La La: There's a 95-Mile Ferrari LaFerrari up for Auction Right NowThis ultra-rare Italian hypercar is well on its way to breaking records on Bring a Trailer's online auction block.READ NOW