This Vintage Plymouth and Ford Mustang Mashup Is What Nightmares Are Made of
Whatever this dude was on, the end result is not pretty. Not by a country mile.
A car compiled by a Ford Mustang SN95 and a 1950 Plymouth has surfaced for sale in Connecticut, arguably combining two rides from two different worlds into a single atrocious vehicle.
Posted for sale to Facebook Marketplace by a man who says he isn't the owner, this vehicle is part Ford and part Plymouth, with no discernible boundary between the two. Most of its body is Plymouth in origin, save for the out-of-place Mustang taillights, and the SN95 fascia hatching from where Plymouth headlights once shined. It's like that scene from Alien, but somehow even less appropriate for children.
Underneath, however, things are mostly Mustang. Opening the hood reveals an intake manifold that belongs to the advertised 5.0-liter Ford V-8, one that in the Mustang GT made 215 horsepower and 285 pound-feet of torque. This engine is linked to the wheels via an unspecified automatic transmission—likely the four-speed AODE from the Mustang, as the Plymouth original presumably isn't up to the task.
Contrary to the ad's claim that the interior is gold, it's a color that every member of a class of kindergarteners would call beige. The interior also comes from the Mustang, which is a strange choice given that the old-school Plymouth interior would've been a fitting and unique choice.
Again, it's tough to tell whether this car is more Plymouth or Ford. Going by the side profile, our guess would be that a Plymouth body—whose corresponding frame was too rusty to use—was dropped over the top of a Mustang with roof damage, which might explain the eerie SN95 proportions below the car's windows.
If for some reason you want to buy this example of man's folly, its asking price is $5,500. We know that money can't buy taste, so why try?
- RELATEDFord Mustang Is the Best-Selling Sports Coupe in the World for Fourth Straight YearToday also marks the 55th anniversary of the unveiling of the very first Mustang at the New York World's Fair.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Custom One-Off Toyota Century Is The Japanese Emperor's New RideJapan's newly-crowned emperor will ride in a custom drop-top Toyota Century for his official coronation in October.READ NOW
- RELATED2020 Ford Mustang EcoBoost High Performance Package Rocks Focus RS Engine and GT GoodiesMustang GT looks, 330 horsepower, and six-speed manual transmission? Yes, please.READ NOW
- RELATEDThese Are the Custom License Plates the State of Florida Rejected in 2018No, Florida man or woman, FTR UMP, IEAT A55, IH8 COPS, EAT CACA, H1IGH AF, and many others are not acceptable license plates.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Hellcat-Swapped 1999 Plymouth Prowler Rights a Historic WrongChrysler's postmodern hot rod was cursed with a gutless V-6. Enter the 707-horsepower Hellcat.READ NOW