$250,000 Will Buy You This Land Rover Defender Restomod With LS3 Power
One of the coolest Anglo-American pairings since Christian Bale played Batman.
Want classic British utility paired with American V-8 grunt? The South Carolina Land Rover tuners at Himalaya have got you covered—just know that it'll cost a pretty penny. Available for $250,000 is the LS3 Defender 110 Crew Cab, a Corvette-powered off-roader made to conquer both dirt and the daily grind.
Behind that iconic grille sits a brand new 6.3-liter LS3 Corvette engine making over 525 horsepower and 495 pound-feet of torque. That engine as well as the transmission it's hooked up to are backed by a 24,000-mile/two-year warranty. Other mechanical upgrades include modern suspension, a full disk brake conversion, a new fuel system, reconditioned wiring, and a new air conditioning system.
Climbing inside, $250k buys black, diamond-stitched leather seats, a modern "Puma" dashboard with carbon accents, a leather-wrapped Momo steering wheel, an audio system by Alpine, and sound-proofed surfaces that apparently match the quietness of modern SUVs at 70 miles per hour even with big all-terrain tires. Oh, and a custom billet key that makes starting your quarter-million-dollar truck feel as special as it should.
"The Defender 110 Crew Cab is a special project for our team because of the unique nature of the build and configuration," said Himalaya boss Greg Shondel. "Himalaya utilizes the finest sourced body panels and frames and then completely customizes the powertrain and interior based on customer preference. The 110 is perfect for any customer looking to conquer any and all off-road terrain in total style and comfort."
When all is said and done, this fits in the space of ultra-luxe overlanders that feature more than just a rooftop tent and MaxxTraxx recovery boards. Think something along the lines of those FJ Company Toyota Land Cruisers.
Now, who wants to loan us 250 G's?
Got a tip? Send us a note: email@example.com
- RELATEDThe 2020 Land Rover Defender Is Ready to Conquer Mountains and the United States“Climb ev’ry mountain, ford ev’ry stream, follow ev’ry rainbow, ‘till you find your dream,” or so sings the new Land Rover Defender.READ NOW
- RELATEDLand Rover Unveils Factory-Built Off-Road Kits to Upgrade Classic DefenderIf you own an old-school Defender, you can now buy suspension, brake, engine, and even wheel upgrades directly from Land Rover Classic.READ NOW
- RELATEDRestored 1991 Mercedes-Benz G-Wagen Can Be Dropped From Helicopters as $92K Care PackageIt takes 1,000 hours to build and involves everything from structural reinforcement to modern luxuries.READ NOW
- RELATEDAcura Built a 1997 SLX Restomod with a 350-HP RDX Engine and SH-AWD for RadwoodCompany engineers worked after hours to breathe new life into the super-rare SUV.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis 'Dronco' Body Kit Makes a Suzuki Jimny Look Like a Classic Ford BroncoWe like it. We like it a lot.READ NOW