Found for Sale: Flyin' Miata-Built, LS3-Swapped 2016 Mazda MX-5 With Only 2,000 Miles
This little riot weighs just 2,600 pounds and makes 525 horsepower thanks to its C6 Corvette-sourced V8.
Are you of the mind that the sub-200 horsepower that comes from Mazda's factory isn't nearly enough grunt for the magical MX-5? Well, spotted for sale on Bring a Trailer is a barely-used, LS-swapped ND Miata seemingly made just for you.
According to its listing, this white 2016 MX-5 is the first customer car to get the V8 "Habu" conversion from the tuners at Palisade, Colorado's Flyin' Miata. The swap consists of a Lingenfelter-built, 6.2-liter LS3 V8 out of a C6 Corvette paired to a Tremec T56 six-speed manual and a GM differential.
The LS3-swapped Miata is said to produce 525 horsepower and weigh just 2,600 pounds.
For maximum peace-of-mind, the car is being sold by Flyin' Miata themselves on behalf of the owner and includes a clean Carfax and Virginia title, all the factory and conversion literature and documents, and—most notably, perhaps—just a little over 2,000 miles on the odometer. The thing's barely broken in.
It isn't just the engine, transmission, and diff that's been replaced, though. Dual, center-exit exhausts and a new rear diffuser give the Mazda roadster more visual punch, as do the black 17-inch Advanti Storm wheels wrapped in Bridgestone Potenza RE-71R tires. Behind those reside Wilwood brake calipers, specially-tuned Fox Racing coilovers, beefier anti-roll bars, and extra chassis bracing.
I'm not usually the biggest fan of modified cars but I gotta say, this thing looks really cool particularly from the rear three-quarter view.
The auction ends on Wednesday and is currently sitting at $55,000, or pretty much double the price of a new, soft-top 2019 Mazda MX-5 Miata.
- RELATED2019 Mazda MX-5 Miata vs. 2004 Honda S2000 Comparison Review: Cross-Generational Roadster ShowdownFifteen years apart—and a surprisingly close matchup.READ NOW
- RELATEDFor Sale: LS-Swapped Nissan Xterra Rocks 6.0-L V8, 4×4, and Six-Speed ManualWhat's not to love about an agile Japanese off-roader powered by hefty American V8?READ NOW
- RELATEDPost Malone Adds Bagged, LS-Swapped 1968 Chevy C10 to Ballin' CollectionThe patina-painted Chevy pickup ticks all the right boxes and joins a 1967 Lincoln Continental, among several others, in the star's garage.READ NOW
- RELATEDTurbo LS-Swapped 2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Makes 766 HP at the Front WheelsIt goes to show that some people will drive what they love, and not what makes sense. And we're totally fine with it.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrool at the Sound of an LS7-Swapped BMW E46 M3 Lapping Germany's Hockenheim CircuitImagine 650 American ponies paired to a glorious German chassis.READ NOW