Guatemalan Civil National Police Now Have a Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Patrol Car
Yes, a police car that hits 60 mph in 3.9 seconds.
The Corvette Stingray has won the hearts of many and apparently that now includes Guatemala's National Civil Police. According to reports by Carcoops the National Civil Police acquired a Corvette Stingray after seizing drug dealer Manuel Felipe Arelones Monroy's Stingray.
Rather than using the high performance sports car for just public relations and other events, the National Civil Police intend to use the Stingray to protect the La Aurora International Airport (airstrip runs...) as well as night patrols (chasing DVD Player thieves).
The Corvette Stingray has been viewed by many as an impeccable deal, starting at around $55,000, you get a 460 horsepower 6.2-liter V8 and a zero to 60 mph time of just 3.9 seconds. Fortunately, the only money the National Civil Police force had to spend was on decaling the vehicle and installing lights and sirens.
This isn't the first time a police department has used seized vehicles to bolster its fleet, but it is certainly one of the few times a department has used the vehicles in routine operations.
- RELATEDIs This the 2018 Chevy Corvette ZR1 Going for a Nurburgring Lap Record?Video footage shows the lightly disguised test car finally getting off some clean laps on the track.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch Quadriplegic Driver Shred the Tires Off A Corvette Z06Once again, Jay's Garage highlights an amazing driver.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch a Stick-Shift Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Lap the Nurburgring in 7:13.9Crazier yet—it wasn't even an official GM test.READ NOW
- RELATEDBaseball All-Star MVP Robinson Cano Chose Chevy Corvette Grand Sport Over Colorado ZR2It's good to be MVP.READ NOW
- RELATEDCorvette-Driving Reverend Arrested in Florida for Allegedly Waving Gun in Road Rage IncidentThe North Carolina preacher reportedly pulled a Glock on a pickup truck's occupants.READ NOW