Watch This Lamborghini Diablo Hit the Skid Pad a Little Too Hard
Just a tap of the throttle is all it takes to get the V12 bull sideways...and then some.
Debuting at the height of Lamborghini's prodigious insanity, the Lamborghini Diablo is one of those beautiful, dangerous bombshells that's best left on a bedroom poster (or, like many, in a garage) if you don't have the skills to match your desire. So while it might be tempting to laugh at this rich Lamborghini owner and his inability to hold a drift without spinning (and spinning, and spinning), we at The Drive commend the effort to improve.
Recorded at Petrolhead Event's annual Spring Event in Germany - a crazy supercar show mixed with an amateur drag race meet - the video shows an early-nineties Lamborghini Diablo heading out for a run on the skid pad. With that 5.7-liter V12 least putting out 485 horsepower to the rear wheels and an inexperienced drifter behind the wheel, even a mid-engined setup can't keep the Diablo from spinning out almost immediately.
But the driver and his intrepid passenger won't be deterred, opting to try, try, and try again despite the highly public nature of his practice session. He spins out no less than four times—but to be fair, he manages to hold a few sweet-looking drifts too. That's no small feat in a wild old Lamborghini like the Diablo, and even more impressive considering a lot of owners probably wouldn't even consider putting their Italian garage queen on a wet track, let alone one crowded with other cars.
- RELATEDApropos of Nothing, Here’s a Lamborghini Diablo GT Shooting FlamesNo context. But, hey, V12 and fire!READ NOW
- RELATEDDonald Trump’s Lamborghini Diablo VT Roadster Is for SaleThe case for buying the only immigrant the Donald actually liked.READ NOW
- RELATEDChris Harris Skids A Porsche 991.2 GT3 At Anglesey And Loves ItHe calls it 'one of the best cars on sale'.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch the World's Worst Drift Attempt Destroy An Audi A8Just hit the gas and turn the wheel, right?READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This BMW 5 Series Get Busted While Drifting a RoundaboutThe only awards given out while street drifting are traffic citations.READ NOW