Ford Designs Noise-Canceling Dog Kennel for Puppies Bothered by Fireworks
Ford's Quiet Kennel uses existing noise-canceling technologies found in the automaker's Edge SUV and could keep your pup from panicking.
New Year’s Eve can be a harrowing experience for human beings in general, never mind those suffering from PTSD or children too young to understand what exactly is occurring. Those of us who grew up with dogs in our homes are well aware of just how freaked out they, too, can get during these noisy celebrations. Ford’s solution, the Quiet Kennel, is a pretty ingenious fix to that issue.
Perhaps most impressive is that the Quiet Kennel’s noise-cancellation technology wasn’t even designed with this specific purpose in mind, but is already implemented in current Ford Edge crossover and Fusion sedan. The automaker essentially realized that it could help out some scared little pups with a little bit of effort and already existing technology it uses in its products.
The Quiet Kennel uses sound deadening layers and noise-canceling speakers, as well as a base that aims to combat vibrations and soundproof ventilation.
Of course, Ford is no stranger to utilizing fairly basic tech and simple methods for age-old problems. The baby crib from last year, for instance, was designed to rock infants to sleep by simulating the comforts of a smooth car ride replete with passing LED rings intended to mimic streetlights and more. The automaker then turned its attention to truckers suffering from exhaustion a few months later and designed the SafeCap: a trucker hat that recognizes if you’ve dozed off and subsequently rings an alarm to wake you up.
Unfortunately, the Quiet Kennel isn’t for sale—at least not yet. At the very least, however, the concept has sparked our imaginations and made us recognize how solutions to everyday problems are already all around us, if only we focused on effective functionality and appealing design. Hopefully, a company with deep pockets takes this idea and runs with it in time for New Year’s Eve of 2020.
- RELATEDWoman Arrested for Allegedly Transporting Grandchildren in Dog KennelsLast we checked, dog kennels are not an approved child transportation device.READ NOW
- RELATEDAston Martin's Rapide E to Use Noise-Cancelling Tires From PirelliPirelli is using special technology to make Aston's first EV much quieter than gasoline-powered cars of the past.READ NOW
- RELATEDA Chinese New Year Celebration With a 300-Drone Light ShowCelebrating the Chinese New Year in a way both modern and respectful of traditions using UAVs.READ NOW
- RELATEDArizona Couple Drives 900 Miles With Kids in Trunk, Dogs in Back SeatThe adults were resultantly sentenced to 30 days in jail for the offense.READ NOW
- RELATEDDog in Mourning Visits Site Where Owner Was Hit and Killed by Car Every Day for MonthsThe pooch is extremely skittish around strangers and no one has been able to rescue it as a result.READ NOW