Founder of Popular Texas Tuning Shop Dies After Crashing Lamborghini Gallardo at High Speed
Authorities and witnesses say Taylor Sims was speeding through a neighborhood in Dallas before he lost control of the exotic car.
The founder of a renowned Lamborghini tuning company based in Texas died in a crash last Friday, according to the Epoch Times. The report, in conjunction with The Dallas Morning News, says that 36-year-old Taylor Sims lost control of his Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera on a busy street in Dallas after driving at a high rate of speed.
Per multiple reports, Sims lost control of his Gallardo, spinning it out before hitting a curb, a wooden utility pole, and then rolling on June 7. When authorities arrived on the scene, they found Sims’ black Lamborghini Gallardo resting on its topside. Sims was pronounced dead upon their surveillance.
Sims leaves behind a wife and three children. A GoFundMe page was set up to help his family with funeral costs and other expenses.
As of this writing, the crowdfunding campaign has raised nearly $144,000 of the $200,000 goal.
“Anything will help them through this extremely trying time,” the description reads on the GoFundMe page. “We are never prepared for things like this whether it be physically, emotionally or financially. Anything can help even just a prayer. Please keep the Sims family in your thoughts as they adjust.”
The crash reportedly occurred just a few short blocks away from Sims’ tuning and repair shop, Dallas Performance. Sims founded the business back in 2007, specializing in the modification of high-end sports and supercars. Sims was also known to frequent local racetracks with cameo appearances in multiple YouTube videos showing off his work.
- RELATEDFiery Lamborghini Huracan Crash Ejects Occupants From Car in California, Killing BothWitnesses report the 2016 Lamborghini Huracan reached speeds above 100 miles per hour before colliding with another motorist.READ NOW
- RELATEDAlleged Drunk Driver Crashes Lamborghini Gallardo Under Construction TrailerToo fast, too furious.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch a Modified Lamborghini Gallardo Go Up in FlamesOnlookers attempted to put the flames out but were unable to help the poor Gallardo.READ NOW
- RELATEDTracy Morgan's New $2M Bugatti Veyron Crashed Into by Honda CR-V Moments After PurchaseCan you imagine being the CR-V driver making the insurance phone call after crashing into a $2M hypercar?READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch a Fool Dangerously Crash a Lamborghini Huracan Performante Near a Bunch of PeopleCar meet season 2019 has officially begun, friends.READ NOW