The Extreme Lamborghini V12 Vision Gran Turismo Concept Needs to Become a Reality
Lamborghini thinks the future is now, and its all-new V12 Vision Gran Turismo Concept is proof of this. The famous Raging Bull revealed the insane digital creation for the latest iteration of Gran Turismo Sport for PlayStation 4, which will debut next year. Looking like something out of a futuristic sci-fi movie from the next century, it’s a single-seat prototype designed for maximum aerodynamics and all-around performance. Sadly, it will only exist in digital shape but we truly think Lambo should make this happen.
As its completely bonkers and extreme appearance implies, the V12 Vision Gran Turismo Concept follows in the footsteps of other Vision Gran Turismo Concepts from McLaren, Jaguar, and Audi. In theory, it uses a powertrain similar to the Sián FKP 37, which is propelled by a hybrid 6.5-liter naturally-aspirated V12 with a total system output of 819 horsepower, resulting in a zero to 60 sprint of just 2.8 seconds and a top speed of 217 miles per hour.
“The Lambo V12 Vision Gran Turismo is created to provide the ultimate virtual car for young fans and gamers, who are ultra-enthusiastic about Lamborghini and its futuristic aspirations,” Mitja Borkert, chief of Lamborghini Centro Stile said. ”It is an opportunity for the design talent within Lamborghini to stretch its wings and visualize a car that, like every Lamborghini, is a head-turner and the best driving experience, but also mirrors Lamborghini's push on future technologies, particularly in the arena of lightweight materials and hybridization.”
While some may say that a vehicle this insane will never see production, it's worth saying that previous generations most likely thought the same about wild-looking vehicles like the Lamborghini Veneno or Ferrari SF90 Stradale. So, we might just see something like this come to reality if we manage to stay alive long enough.
- RELATEDJaguar Vision Gran Turismo Coupe Is a 1,006-HP Virtual Dream EVIf Jag's next F-Type looks even half as good as this, consider us fans.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Audi e-tron Vision Gran Turismo Concept Mates Video Games With Formula EThis crazy 805-horsepower concept car will act as Formula E's new race taxi, but you can drive it yourself in Gran Turismo Sport.READ NOW
- RELATEDZagato's New IsoRivolta Vision Gran Turismo UnveiledIf Zagato's new sports car looks straight out of a video game, that's because it is.READ NOW
- RELATEDPininfarina's Gorgeous Fittipaldi EF7 Vision Gran Turismo Supercar Makes Nearly 600 HPLightweight carbon-fiber construction and a big V8 is a recipe for good.READ NOW
- RELATED2020 Toyota GR Supra: A Gran Turismo First Drive of the Long-Awaited Supra ReduxJudging from its performance on Gran Turismo Sport, the new Toyota Supra is a great sports car. But is it better than its forefather?READ NOW