Listen to Over 40 Pagani Zonda and Huayra Supercars Storm the Historic Monza Circuit
This video is 12 minutes of V12 hypercar bliss.
This year marks the 20th anniversary of the beautiful Pagani Zonda, and Pagani is celebrating as only the Italian hypercar producer can. Pagani owners from all over the world we’re invited to attend a track day at the Autodromo di Monza dubbed Pagani Open Day 2019, which is both the largest and the fastest exhibition of the brand to date.
Youtube channel Belgian-Motorsport captured the event on film, which resulted in more than 40 Paganis turning out not only to sit on display in Monza's paddock, but get out on track for some hot laps. Every member of the Pagani model family showed up, from the first production model, the C12 (the silver example of which is Chassis 001) to the new Huayra Roadster. Other favorites included the one-of-five Zonda Cinque, the $17.5 million Zonda HP Barchetta, and the track-only Zonda Revolucion. Even a few Mercedes-AMG GT's were allowed on track to drive with their AMG-powered cousins.
Most of the modern art pieces on wheels putter around the circuit at a modest pace, and understandably so, but watching (and listening to) the more hardcore Zonda R's and Huayra BC's at full chat is as good as it gets.
This is all in the name of the Zonda, which began its run 20 years ago. While the Zonda's production technically ended in 2017 with the arrival of Horacio Pagani's personal take on the car, the HP Barchetta, one-off Zondas continued to be made through 2018, and bespoke Zondas will most likely keep being made as long as customers have money for them.
Pagani Open Day at Monza is just one stop on the Pagani Zonda Collection tour, which began at Motor Valley Fest in Modena, Italy, in May and will continue at unannounced locations later this year.
- RELATEDWatch $50M Worth of Hypercars Attack a Racetrack in the NetherlandsThis hypercar track shootout puts every Cars & Coffee we've seen to shame.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch Koenigsegg Crash Its $2M Regera Hypercar in the Name of SafetyUnlike VW or Toyota, who have dozens of cars for crash testing, Koenigsegg is forced to rebuild the same carbon-fiber car after every session.READ NOW
- RELATEDListen to the Outrageous SSC Tuatara Flex Its 1,750-HP Twin-Turbo V8 on the DynoFootage of the upcoming hypercar hitting mountain roads and testing on the dyno has finally surfaced.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch Specialty Automaker Horacio Pagani Build a Huayra RoadsterPagani is what Lamborghini wishes it still was: Wild, and obsessed with radical design.READ NOW
- RELATEDMore Koenigseggs Than You Can Count on Two Hands Show up to Cars 'N Copters on the CoastRare Paganis and a dozen 'Eggs lounge sunny-side up on the beach in Surf City USA.READ NOW