This is a 1JZ-Swapped Toyota Tacoma Drift Truck
Brian Nimmo brings his one-off creation to Hoonigan's Donut Garage.
If you were to pick your perfect project car for drifting, you'd likely end up with one of the established options—older Nissans, maybe a BMW—but a Toyota pickup? That's...unique
For Hoonigan's most recent episode of Build Breakdown, they had Pro-AM driver and Toyota drift enthusiast Brian Nimmo stop by the Donut Garage with his Tacoma X-Runner drift truck. The Taco is not only unique for being a competition drifter, but also because the old engine was swapped out for a single turbo 1JZ engine. On 14.5 pounds of boost, the inline-six engine gives the X-Runner 320 horsepower and 300 pound-feet of torque.
Nimmo bought the X-Runner brand new back in 2005 with only 3 miles on the odometer. After 13 years and an obviously extensive list of modifications, it's clear to see that Brian's committed to the oddball skid-mobile.
Fans of Hoonigan may recognize the drift truck as it's been featured by the crew before. A little over a year ago, the team worked with the Discovery Channel to produce a one-off, one episode show called Car Saviors. Nimmo's X-Runner made a cameo appearance as Hoonigan co-founder Brian Scotto and driver Andrew Comrie-Picard loaded up the back of it with weights to slide around and test it out alongside a wacky Rolls-Royce drifter.
During his visit to Hoonigan HQ, and with very little peer pressure, Nimmo was convinced by the boys to stretch his truck's legs in the Donut Garage lot; burnouts, donuts, figure eights, you name it.
For more of the details, check out Hoonigan's newest episode of Build Breakdown below.
- RELATEDTake a Behind the Scenes Look at Hoonigan's HQ: The Donut GarageThe Drive recently took a detailed tour of Hoonigan's headquarters, the Donut Garage, located in Long Beach, California.READ NOW
- RELATEDKristaps Blušs Brings Full Carbon Fiber E92 Eurofighter to Play in Hoonigan's LotFor the first episode of Hoonigan's new show Build Breakdown, Kristaps Blušs stops by with his 1000 hp E92 Eurofighter Formula Drift car.READ NOW
- RELATEDFormula Drift Drivers James Deane and Piotr Wiecek Thrash Around at HooniganFresh off the first round of Formula Drift, Deane and Wiecek visit Hoonigan and bring their Nissan S15 drift cars to play around with.READ NOW
- RELATEDHoonigan Has Compiled a Year of HooningJust Send It Volume 1 captures one year of burnouts, donuts, figure eights, and the occasional vehicle jumping off something.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch BJ Baldwin Bring His 800-HP Trophy Truck to Hoonigan's Donut GarageSeven time racing champion, two time solo Baja 100 winner, just wants to do a wheelie in a parking lot.READ NOW