Tanner Foust Drifts his V-8 Powered Passat Drift Car at Hoonigan
Foust brings his Formula Drift Volkswagen Passat drift car for an episode of Daily Transmission.
Tanner Foust is a busy man. He is a two time Formula Drift champion, former host of Top Gear USA, stunt driver, and current driver in the Red Bull Global Rallycross series. He had a long hiatus from Formula Drift until he returned for a season two years ago. When he returned he came with a Volkswagen Passat drift car and he recently brought the car to Hoonigan's Donut Garage for the most recent episode of Daily Transmission.
The Volkswagen Passat drift car is powered by a Chevrolet LS7 V-8 engine with what can only be described as a unique one-off spaghetti noodle exhaust in front of the engine which is all equal length. Hoonigan's Hertrech "Hert" Eugene Jr. starts the video showing his initial reaction to seeing the car years back. He had a face of disgust, but as with all cars, they grow on you. Foust told the Hoonigan crew that the former Formula Drift car was going to be fitted with rear seats and potentially become a drift taxi for events.
Foust lets Hert do a burnout in the V-8 powered Passat, which probably was not the best of ideas, even stated by Hert. Ken Block visited last week with his wife's Ford Bronco build and while Hert was performing a burnout the Bronco caught fire. Things went alright no fires this time.
Eventually, with no peer pressure needed Foust hops in his drift Passat and lays down some of the smokiest donuts, figure eights, and burnouts. He drifts up the dock, hard stops at Hoonigan's boat, and then drifts down the dock. He finishes with donuts and wall taps Hoonigan's dock wall.
Foust leaves a scene reminiscent of Silent Hill, so much smoke that you cannot see anything in front of you.
Check out Hoonigan's Tanner Foust Volkswagen Passat video below.
- RELATEDWatch Tanner Foust Drift His 544-Horsepower VW Beetle RallyCross Car Up a Mountain RoadIt might be a rallycross car, but that didn't stop Foust from claiming this public road as his own.READ NOW
- RELATEDTanner Foust Takes His Father's Old 912E For A SpinThis Video Short Titled "A Gentleman's Guide To Meditation" Is A Gorgeous Use Of GigabytesREAD NOW
- RELATEDHoonigan Daily Transmission Best of 2017With near 200 videos and millions of combined views, check out the best Daily Transmission episodes Hoonigan put out in 2017.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch the Hoonigan Gang Thrash the Hell Out of an Ariel NomadThe Ariel Atom's cousin pays a visit to Hoonigan's HQ to be abused out of its element.READ NOW
- RELATEDMatt Farah Drops by Hoonigan With His Fox Body Mustang/DRIVE on NBC Sports Host Matt Farah brings his Fox Body Mustang project car to Hoonigan's Donut Garage.READ NOW