This Crash Between a McLaren 720S and a Parked Audi R8 Will Not Be Cheap
From zero to six-figure repair bills in 2.5 seconds flat.
Let's be honest, there's no real good place to crash a $300,000 supercar. But there are definitely a few other things—say, a wall of pillows—that we'd rather smash into than another six-figure supercar, as seen in this video of an unhappy union between a McLaren 720S and a brand-new parked Audi R8.
With over 700 horsepower being pumped out by that 4.0-liter, twin-turbo V8 engine and headed exclusively to the rear wheels, the McLaren 720S is one of the most unadulterated supercars out there. Apparently, someone forgot to remind the inexperienced driver of a minty white example in Toronto, who is seen flooring it from a dead stop on a side street, quickly losing control, and crashing nearly head-on into the red Audi resting innocently on the side of the road. We're honestly surprised the impact didn't sound like a cash register opening.
Details about the accident remain sketchy. The person who posted the video in a since-locked Reddit thread claimed the driver was an unlicensed 19-year-old, though the description also incorrectly states that he was using launch control, so take that with a grain of salt.
The video first popped up on a Toronto-area car spotting Facebook page, where members reported seeing the car around town before the crash as well as the damaged R8 sitting at a body shop after the fact. The Audi's front corner is pretty bashed in, and pictures of the McLaren show its front end fared even worse.
- RELATEDBrave Owner Goes Off Road in His $285,000 McLaren 720S With Predictable ResultsBoldly going where no McLaren has gone before...for good reason.READ NOW
- RELATEDMcLaren 720S GT3 Revealed With Big Wing and Bigger PromisesMcLaren wants to flesh out its customer racing lineup, starting with the new GT3-ready 720S.READ NOW
- RELATEDPolice Officer Hits 143 MPH in Chevy Impala While Chasing Drunk McLaren 720S Driver [UPDATED]There's a reason police cars need to be pursuit rated.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe McLaren 720S is Running 9-Second Quarter Miles from the FactoryThat's almost as quick as the $1 million P1.READ NOW
- RELATEDTesla's Ludicrous Mode Is No Match for this McLaren 720SThere's a new king of the drag strip in town.READ NOW