The Build: How to Change Your Oil
Don't worry, it's not as hard as you (might) think.
Last week on The Build, our own Ben Preston demonstrated how to check the oil in your car. It's one of the more important things to do for your car on a regular basis, as it lets you catch oil leaks before they grow fatal. But even an engine that's holding its lubricant well needs to have its oil swapped out from time to time. So this week, we're taking things up a notch and showing you how to change your oil. It may seem complex to those who've never tried it, but in actuality, it's a fairly simple process once you dive in. It's so easy, in fact, we summed it up for you in 90 seconds. (Though doing it yourself will probably take a bit longer than that.)
- RELATEDThe Build: How to Check Your Oil, Tire PressureWe're starting things off real simple.READ NOW
- RELATEDHow to Be a March Madness Tailgating HeroOne for the mood board: the Ford Pinto car/stove.READ NOW
- RELATEDHow to Change Your Oil: A PrimerIt helps to have a jackstand. Or a tree stump.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Build, Part II: Going Deep in Amish CountryCraigslist was the easy part. Now, to get our FJ home from Pennsylvania...READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Build's Essential Wrenchin’ ChecklistAll you need is some tools, some know-how—and maybe a buddy with a forklift.READ NOW