Family Sues Dealer After White Lamborghini Huracan Spyder Supposedly Turns Yellow
Depreciation turned out to be the least of their problems, as it seems.
It’s a common saying that cars start to lose value as soon as they leave the dealer’s lot, but what about losing their color? A Canadian family is claiming just that, as they say the once-white 2017 Lamborghini Huracan Spyder they bought has started to turn yellow. All in all, not what Calogero Caruso and his son Gasparino expected when they paid the equivalent of $276,985.40 USD for the Italian exotic.
The elder Caruso even took a second mortgage on the family home to buy the car for his son, according to CTV News. That move seems quite misguided, even under the most straightforward circumstances. Anyhow, it was the son’s “dream to own such a luxury vehicle,” Calogero explained. He says now, “instead, it has been a total nightmare.”
Reportedly, the retailer's manager reassured the family, saying the car can look a little yellow in the sun. However, the 600-horsepower machine allegedly continued changing hues after being parked indoors. The Carusos turned down Lamborghini Montreal's offer to have the Huracan repainted, saying it would drastically affect the car's residual value.
The suit says the family and Lambo dealer quarreled for months. Meanwhile,news
the Carusos continued to make mortgage payments and shell out for insurance and registration costs on a car they’d returned to the dealer. They're now suing for the cost of the Huracan plus damages, which totals $302,169.56 USD. This includes compensation for “stress and inconvenience and loss of work days.” At present, the case remains without ruling in Quebec Superior Court.
Got a tip? Send us a note: firstname.lastname@example.org
- RELATEDThis $33,750 Mutant Lamborghini Aventador Is Really a Messed-Up Pontiac GTOThe engine choice will surprise you.READ NOW
- RELATEDOne-of-Nine 2015 Lamborghini Veneno Roadster Could Sell for $6M at AuctionThis like-new hypercar was reportedly owned by a member of the Saudi Arabian royal family.READ NOW
- RELATED840-HP Widebody Lamborghini Urus: For When a Normal Urus Is Just Too SubtleMore is more.READ NOW
- RELATEDSave This Flooded 1999 Lamborghini Diablo VT Roadster From Its Watery GraveWe can rebuild it, we have the technology.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Lamborghini-Badged 1991 Chevrolet Camaro Isn't Fooling AnyoneThere’s a Jensen DVD player, keyboard, and some sweet Superman floor mats in this bad boy.READ NOW