Music Star Cardi B Joins Cast of Upcoming Fast & Furious 9 Movie
Vin Diesel shared an Instagram video with Cardi B to announce the conclusion of filming in the U.K.
It seems the cast of Fast & Furious 9 is gaining another member. Entertainment Weekly reports Cardi B will appear in the latest film of the popular franchise. The news broke after actor Vin Diesel shared a short video clip on his Instagram account showing him with the pop-music star on the set, noting the crew had just wrapped up filming in the U.K.
Details about Cardi B’s role haven't been revealed, but according to Deadline, Universal Studios confirmed it will be a cameo. Career-wise, it’s her next gig as an actress after debuting in the blockbuster Hustlers. Deadline also reports Latin music artist Ozuna will join Cardi B in the film.
“Day 86 here on the set of Fast 9,” Diesel said. “I’m tired, but I can’t wait, I ain’t gunna front, this gunna be the best one,” Cardi B said in the clip.
Justin Lin will return as director of Fast & Furious 9, the latest franchise film after side story Hobbs & Shaw. Lin hasn't directed an FF film since Fast & Furious 6 in 2016. He also directed Fast Five in 2011 and Fast & Furious in 2009.
Fast 9 rounds up many of the franchise's previous stars, including Jordana Brewster, Tyrese Gibson, Chris “Ludacris” Bridges, Nathalie Emmanuel, Charlize Theron, and Helen Mirren. New to the franchise are wrestler-turned-film-star John Cena, Finn Cole of TV's Peaky Blinders and Animal Kingdom, and popular character actor Michael Rooker.
Fast & Furious 9 is scheduled to premiere May 22, 2020.
- RELATEDThis Is Not a Drill: John Cena Will Be in Fast & Furious 9Some say he's been in all of the movies all along...READ NOW
- RELATEDVin Diesel Is Putting Together a Female Fast & Furious SpinoffFast & Furious 9, meanwhile, will start shooting in London next month.READ NOW
- RELATEDYour Time to Watch The Fast and The Furious Films on Netflix Is Coming to an EndAfter a year on the streaming service, the first three movies in the series will be removed to make way for new titles.READ NOW
- RELATEDHow Hollywood Chose and Built the Cars for The Fast and the FuriousThe movie's producers made an iconic street racing film with less than $2 million worth of cars—no easy task, as one explains here.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Website Lists the Real Specs and Build Sheets For The Fast and the Furious Movie CarsEver wondered how much power Brian's Mitsubishi Eclipse and Toyota Supra actually made? Look no further.READ NOW