Watch the Explosive First Trailer for F9: The Fast Saga
The tenth film in the Fast and the Furious universe drops with explosions, Dodges, John Cena as Dom's brother, and Han is BACK.
I don’t think anyone would’ve guessed that when The Fast and the Furious first came out, the movie about thieves and cars and family would have spawned a cinematic universe that rivaled Marvel’s. But here we are, nearly 20 years later, with the debut of the tenth film’s trailer that’s filled with fast cars, Vin Diesel brooding, and most of all, family.
Though we got a teaser trailer late last week, with it surrounding Dominic Toretto’s relationship with Letty and his son Brian and an oncoming storm, we got just a hint at the turmoil the crew would face in their latest outing. Now, we have much more and there are a bunch of hot Dodges ready to burn rubber.
Check it out below.
One fresh face in the big-screen action blockbuster is WWE’s John Cena, who will play the villain of the movie and Dom's younger brother, Jakob. The brothers Toretto seem to have a contentious relationship to say the least with the two brooding at one another and then fully facing off. The trailer gives us explosions and more explosions under the narration of Dominic, Rome, and Letty who's telling the tale of his baby-bro and how his past has led him astray from "The Family."
We also get a glimpse of Charlize Theron's Cipher, who's rocking a far more corporate hairdo than the dreds she had in the prior film. There's also a Pontiac Fiero, built by Tokyo Drift's Sean Boswell, with a rocket strapped to the back of it for good measure and the bad guys have a magnet plane, whatever that means. We'll leave the speculation up to The Warzone.
And while a staple of the franchise has become Dwayne Johnson’s Hobbs character, it doesn't look like he'll be in it. Johnson has said in the past that his character would be headlining the expansion movies, which may or may not concern the cast we’ve all come to know and love. Though this seems like a pretty definitive answer.
The biggest reveal of the trailer happens at the end when Letty walks into Dom's secret underground lair and brings with her none other than fan-favorite Han, who died in The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift. We've seen Fast and the Furious pull off retcons before, but this has left us scratching our heads and hyped to see Han back in the franchise.
F9: The Fast Saga will hit theaters on May 22, though tickets are already flying off the shelves. So if you want to see Dom, Letty, Mia, Rome, and Tej on the big-screen or IMAX, you might want to hit the NOS and buy your tickets now.
Got a tip? Send us a note: firstname.lastname@example.org
- RELATEDLearn the Real Story Behind Dom's Dodge Charger From The Fast and the FuriousEverything you thought you knew is a lie.READ NOW
- RELATEDYour Time to Watch The Fast and The Furious Films on Netflix Is Coming to an EndAfter a year on the streaming service, the first three movies in the series will be removed to make way for new titles.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Website Lists the Real Specs and Build Sheets For The Fast and the Furious Movie CarsEver wondered how much power Brian's Mitsubishi Eclipse and Toyota Supra actually made? Look no further.READ NOW
- RELATEDDwayne 'The Rock' Johnson Says He Probably Won't Be in Fast & Furious 9It may or may not have something to do with his beef with Vin Diesel.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Is Not a Drill: John Cena Will Be in Fast & Furious 9Some say he's been in all of the movies all along...READ NOW