Watch a Lifted Jeep Wrangler Get Stuck on a Tiny Snow Pile in a Parking Lot
It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand.
We've featured plenty of off-road excursions gone awry over the years, but it's hard to top the embarrassment of getting a jacked-up, two-wheel-drive Jeep Wrangler stuck on a tiny mound of snow in an otherwise clear parking lot. Mall crawler, you've met your match.
The video popped up on Facebook earlier this week, and while it's frustratingly short on details, there's plenty to learn from the struggle. It opens with the previous-generation JK Jeep Wrangler already high-centered on a small pile of snow, no more than a few feet tall. Being a rear-wheel-drive truck—you can see the non-driven front axle is thinner—its ratty off-road tires and lift kit are of no help whatsoever.
Complicating things for the uncomplicated driver is the fact that the Wrangler has an open rear differential, so the engine's power will follow the path of least resistance. With one back wheel slightly off the ground, all revving does is make the airborne tire spin like a sad pinwheel. The Jeep is well and truly stuck.
The cameraman continues filming as the driver saws the steering wheel back and forth. After half a minute or so, two guys walk up, say something to the desperate wheelman, and peer amusedly at the spinning rear wheel as the clip finally ends. There's no information on where this was recorded, or how long it took them to pull the Wrangler from its icy perch. Unless the driver has a few buddies put weight on that floating tire and push it down, it'd be hard to get it off there without another vehicle.
As to the why, well, there's nothing Jeep people enjoy more than parking on snow piles when given the chance. Partly because those piles sometimes cover legitimate spots, and partly because they can. Most of the time. It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand.
- RELATEDA 2020 Jeep Gladiator Pickup Competed in the Famous King of the Hammers Off-Road RaceWith minor modifications, the new Jeep truck hurled across the desert and faced major obstacles like rocks and dunes.READ NOW
- RELATEDFord Raptor-Fighting Jeep Gladiator Hercules Is Under Development: ReportWill Ford's Baja-blasting performance truck get competition from the kings of off-road?READ NOW
- RELATEDJeep CEO Confirms New Three-Row SUV Will Fit Between Grand Cherokee and WagoneerExpect the new model to seat at least seven with the option for a trick, plug-in hybrid powertrain.READ NOW
- RELATEDYou Can Buy This Hellcat-Powered Jeep Wrangler 6×6 Pickup for Just $290KSkip the Jeep Gladiator and score yourself a one-off trail brute.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch a Jeep Wrangler and 2 Toyota Trucks Rescue a City Bus Stuck in SnowTeamwork makes the dream work when a much larger vehicle gets stuck.READ NOW