Chris Harris Skids A Porsche 991.2 GT3 At Anglesey And Loves It
He calls it 'one of the best cars on sale'.
- Watch This
The thing we really enjoy about Chris Harris is his complete lack of filter when it comes to listing all of the things he dislikes about a car. You know when you're watching a Harris review that he's not going to pull any punches. Just watch his 718 Boxster review if you want to see that exact thing in action. That truthfulness is what makes this nearly completely positive review of the new 991.2 GT3 all the more valuable in the world of reviewers. Most of the folks who will drive this car won't be able to extract the most out of it, but Harris is on the very edge of performance at the drop of a hat.
With a new engine that has been called better than the quite similar one in the 911R doesn't produce any more power on paper, but it apparently makes up for it in mid-range usability thanks to a new intake flapper system. It's that "area under the curve" thing that car nerds occasionally talk about. While Porsche has committed to building the GT3 with a manual, they have not arrived yet and we're stuck wondering how good it'll be to row gears with that engine behind you. While we probably won't be sliding one of these around the track, mostly because we don't want the bill for those special Michelins like the ones Harris wrecked, we look forward to getting behind the wheel sometime in the near future. Hopefully with a row-your-own gearbox.
"Someone that wants this car as a thing you can use on the road, go to work in occasionally, and then drive to the Nurburgring, but doesn't want the RS that's a bit shouty. This is in a class of one. I just don't know what else you'd buy."
You can see Harris' full review over on TopGear.com. Trust us, it's worth the watch.
- RELATEDWatch a Lego Porsche 911 GT3 RS Fly Apart in a Crash TestA German crash test authority bought and built a Lego GT3 RS...then took it apart again the only way they know how.READ NOW
- RELATEDWould You Want to Drive a Porsche 911 GT3 Cup on the Street?295 section width front and 325 section width rear Pirelli Trofeo R tires make the difference.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch the 2018 Porsche 911 GT3 Lap the Nurburgring 12 Seconds Faster Than Its PredecessorThe refreshed GT3 can lap the Nordschleife in 7:12.7.READ NOW
- RELATEDRumor: Porsche's 911 GT3 With 'X90 Touring Pack' Is Basically a 911 RIs this the straw that finally bursts the 911 R bubble?READ NOW
- RELATEDPorsche 911 GT3 Has 500 HP, a Manual Transmission, and a 198-MPH Top SpeedJust what enthusiasts asked for.READ NOW