Jeep Driver Arrested After Doing Donuts in Public Park to 'Impress Female Passenger'
It's a Jeep thang.
It's scientific fact that a young man's propensity to drive recklessly and generally act a fool increases tenfold when a young woman he's interested in is nearby. Case in point: Police in Battle Creek, Michigan arrested a 23-year-old man after he was caught "spinning in circles" while driving a Jeep in a deeply misguided attempt to impress a date.
Because nothing attracts women like driving in circles and a little destruction of public property.
From the Battle Creek Enquirer, police were reportedly patrolling Battle Creek's Irving Park around 3 a.m. when they came across the Jeep making circles on the park's grass. After being stopped, the driver told officers he had already "made about eight passes through the park" and the stunt was him "trying to impress his 23-year-old female passenger."
He apparently dealt $300 worth of damage to the park grounds, was charged with malicious destruction of property, and was taken to Calhoun County jail.
Bar renting a Lambo to wildly mislead them about your financial situation, the best way of impressing a mate with your car, in my experience, is to keep it clean. No one likes to sit in a car filled with old coffee cups and sandwich wrappers...or caked in mud from stupidly doing donuts at the local park.
In other donut-related news, a young Florida man was arrested earlier this year after breaking onto the active runway at Pensacola International Airport and doing donuts on the grass and in a hangar in his Ford Mustang. No starry-eyed damsels were reported to have been involved in that one.
- RELATEDA Dirtbike-Powered, Tube-Framed Kiddie Jeep Might Be the Best Way to Tackle MoabThis is what you get when you shoehorn a 450cc four-stroke engine into a plastic Barbie Jeep.READ NOW
- RELATEDFlorida Man's $128,000 Bugatti Veyron is Actually a Mercury Cougar"I woke up in a new Cougatti" just doesn't have the same ring to it.READ NOW
- RELATEDFlorida Man Arrested for Cutting Brake Cables on 140+ E-Scooters in Anti-Mobility SpreeThe accused serial scooter saboteur was finally caught by a security camera.READ NOW
- RELATEDYou're Going to Kill Someone by Ripping a Donut on the Bonneville Salt FlatsWhen you mess with the high-speed lake beds, people can die.READ NOW
- RELATEDCalifornia Police Arrest 7 People for Halting Traffic on I-5 With Massive Burnouts, DonutsPolice issued a total of 27 traffic citations while impounding nine cars as a result.READ NOW