2020 Toyota 4Runner Packs New Tech, Off-Road Venture Edition
Android Auto and Apple CarPlay are standard on every 2020 4Runner, as is Toyota's extensive active safety suite.
For 2020, Toyota is giving its body-on-frame 4Runner SUV a series of minor updates including a bigger screen, more available safety tech, and an all-new trim known as the "Venture Edition."
As promised, all 2020 Toyota 4Runners now feature an 8-inch infotainment touchscreen with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and Amazon Alexa instead of the 6.1-inch system from last year's model. New 4Runners of all trims also receive Toyota's Safety Sense P active safety technologies as standard. This includes Pre-Collision with Pedestrian Detection, Lane Departure Alert with Sway Warning System, Automatic High Beams, and High-Speed Dynamic Radar Cruise Control. Oh, and two additional USB charging ports have been added to the rear passenger area.
Based on the TRD Off-Road Premium trim, the Venture Edition packs in a heavy-duty steel Yakima Megawarrior roof rack and 17-inch TRD wheels, as well as blacked-out mirrors, door handles, spoiler, and badges. Inside, the front seats are heated, powered, trimmed in SofTex synthetic leather, and get "TRD" lettering on their headrests. All-weather floor mats and a cargo mat are also standard equipment on the outdoorsy trim level.
When The Drive test drove a 4Runner TRD Pro last year, we found it to be an imperfect yet "incredibly fun SUV with off-road limits far, far above those of the average driver."
The 2020 Toyota 4Runner Venture Edition starts at $44,285, almost two grand more than the TRD Off-Road Premium on which it's based.
- RELATED2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro Review: Old-School Off-Road Goodness, Done RightIt's the least progressive vehicle Toyota makes—and one of the best.READ NOW
- RELATEDRollover Crash Leaves Toyota 4Runner Driver Dangerously Dangling on Cliff's EdgeBlack Bear Pass in Colorado is popular among off-road enthusiasts for its stellar views and downright dangerous nature.READ NOW
- RELATEDMissouri Woman Stalks Car Thief for 48 Hours Before Stealing Back Her Toyota 4RunnerTracking activity on her own stolen phone and credit cards, Danielle Reno was reunited with her car at a local Applebee's.READ NOW
- RELATED2020 Toyota Tacoma, Tundra, 4Runner, Sequoia Finally Get Apple CarPlay, Android AutoThe features, which were previously reserved for $50K+ TRDPro models, find their way into more civilian Toyota trims.READ NOW
- RELATEDOlder and Wiser: Toyota Tundra, Nissan Frontier Top J.D. Power Truck Dependability ListThey might be the oldest of their respective models on sale, but that doesn't mean they aren't built to last.READ NOW