Genesis Delivers Cars in Canada in a Fancy, Transparent, Light-Up Trailer
Test drives, purchases, and even maintenance can all be done without the customer setting foot inside a dealership.
A new gimmick for Hyundai's luxury brand Genesis up in Canada is home or office delivery of their cars, meaning the customers never have to set foot inside a dealership. However, it doesn’t stop there. Sometimes when they deliver cars, they send out a Chevy Silverado hauling a big, see-through car trailer (fully illuminated with LEDs on the inside for nighttime visibility) carrying a new luxury sedan to its new owner for all the world to see. This is a level of luxury we had no idea we needed.
After the car is delivered, a Genesis representative gives you a full tour of the car’s features and amenities like they normally would at the dealership. They answer any questions, hand over the keys, and you become the proud new owner of a Genesis without having to leave the house. They even schedule a “second delivery” and send someone to your house later to see how you’re doing with the car. The Genesis rep will answer any questions after the new customer has had a chance to live with their new car for a little while.
At-home service doesn’t just apply to delivery, but to test drives and maintenance as well. Feel like test driving a Genesis? They’ll bring one to your driveway so you can take it for a spin. Time for some maintenance on your G80 or G90? Genesis will swing by with a shuttle for you to use, pick up your car, and bring it back when it’s ready. Genesis says this level of at-home service and customer convenience is an industry exclusive and exclusive to Canada.
The guys at TheStraightPipes saw the fancy trailer for themselves and spent some time with a fellow named Patrick, manager of product strategy and marketing for Genesis Canada, to talk about the program and about the high-tech luxury sedans Genesis offers. See their experience for yourself below.
- RELATEDWould You Buy This Bizarre Custom Genesis G80 Pickup?The former luxury sedan has enough diamond plating to put oil rigs to shame.READ NOW
- RELATEDGenesis Hypes the G70 Sport Sedan Ahead of Unveiling in Seoul, South KoreaCan Hyundai's luxury brand be competitive in the sport sedan game?READ NOW
- RELATEDGenesis to Distance Itself Further from Hyundai Sooner Than PlannedIt's tough to stand out as a premium brand when you share a showroom with the Accent.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 2018 Genesis G80 Sport Is a Sport Sedan in Need of Some Air QuotesLess Sport than "sport"—but an excellent car nonetheless.READ NOW
- RELATEDHyundai's Genesis Planning a Future Filled With Electric CarsPossibly followed by hydrogen-powered fuel cells.READ NOW