How To Pronounce Porsche, From The People Who Would Know
In case you didn't know, Porsche is a two syllable word.
Porsche has long been mispronounced, especially by silly Americans like us. In an effort to finally put a rest to the debate, Porsche themselves have released a video demonstrating the pronunciation of the company's name. Now, whenever anyone asks you, the answer is as simple as sending them a link. If you have a friend that still says "Porsh" or worse "Porch", you can now politely direct them to this fifteen second youtube video. For years I've been explaining to people that Porsche is pronounced very similar to the former name for Iran. That is to say "Persia", but with an 'o'. But you don't have to take my word for it, just check out the video below!
- RELATEDA New Porsche Classic Parts Catalog 'Originale' Is HerePorsche Classic has been slowly ramping up their coverage of vintage parts supply for the last couple of years. Now they've launched a new catalog to showcase them.READ NOW
- RELATED1967 Porsche 911S Twins Separated And ReunitedTwo nearly identical Porsche 911S were built back in 1967, and they were separated to be shipped to their new owners. Now, nearly 50 years later, they've been reunited in central Slovakia for this film series.READ NOW
- RELATEDA Porsche 959 Prototype, the Ultimate Eighties Hero, Is for SaleThis twin-turbo deity is yours—for $1.7 million.READ NOW
- RELATEDA Porsche 944 Is the Best First Car for Car NerdsIt's a front-engine, water-cooled nightmare. I have no regrets.READ NOW
- RELATED7 of the Most Powerful Porsche 911s in the WorldWhat happens when Earth's most balanced cars succumb to horsepower fever.READ NOW