Watch Hennessey's 1,000-HP Chevy Camaro ZL1 "The Exorcist" Do an Insane Burnout
The Dodge Challenger Demon may already be in trouble.
The Dodge Demon hasn't even been launched yet, but that hasn't stopped the overachievers at Hennessey Performance from building a performance kit for the Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 that's aimed at stopping the Demon dead in its tracks.
Appropriately dubbed "The Exorcist," Hennessey Performance has massaged the already potent LT4 V-8 in the ZL1 to the tune of 1,000 horsepower by using ported cylinder heads, a cam upgrade, higher flowing supercharger and corresponding intercooler, a custom ECU tune, and a host of other options. Together, these upgrades result in 1,000 hp at 6,400 rpm and 966 lb-ft of torque at 4,400 rpm.
John Hennessey, company founder and president, said, "Equipped with rear drag radial tires, The Exorcist will deliver 0-60 mph times under 3 seconds while running the ¼ mile in less than 10 seconds." He added, "However, The Exorcist is not just a ¼ mile racer. It’s a well-rounded super muscle car that is just as happy on a road course as it is on the drag strip and street. Needless to say, this will leave the competition’s heads spinning."
The Exorcist upgrade can be done to both manual and automatic ZL1s, costing $55,000 for the upgrade. Sure, it ain't cheap, but it comes with a two-year/24,000-mile warranty. Extra tires not included.
- RELATEDHennessey Performance's 605-Horsepower Ford F-150 VelociRaptor Is One Expensive Beast605 horsepower may be nice but is it really worth an extra $22,500?READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch Hennessey's 1,000-HP Chevy Corvette Z06 Scream Into ActionThe HPE1000 sounds like a thousand bees playing death metal...in a good way.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This Hennessey Camaro ZL1 Whip a Dodge Challenger Hellcat in a RaceJohn Hennessey's back at it again, upping the already-potent Camaro ZL1 with a handful of performance upgrades.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch Kimi Raikkonen and John Hennessey Lap Daytona in a Ferrari 488 GTBIf that isn’t a perfect storm of search terms, we don’t know what is.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire: Hennessey Performance Selling Six-Wheeled Ford F-150 Raptor for $295,000In case the regular Raptor somehow wasn't tough enough.READ NOW