Vengeance Racing's Chevy Camaro ZL1 Makes 1,047 HP At the Wheels
The insane Camaro will likely leave the stock version in the dust.
Building a 1,000-horsepower muscle car is becoming more and more common among tuner shops. Although it still takes a lot of work, having a 650+ horsepower foundation vehicle does not hurt. Recently, Vengeance Racing built a 1,000-horsepower 2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1...and needless to say this monster sounds like it can wake the dead.
Now let's be very clear: When Vengeance Racing says they built a 1,000-horsepower Camaro ZL1, they actually mean they made a 1,047-rear-wheel-horsepower Camaro ZL1 rocking 784 lb-ft of torque at 19 PSI on C16 race fuel. The ZL1 uses a Procharger F-1A-94 supercharger system, along with a laundry list of other parts listed below, to achieve such impressive numbers.
This particular build will be a package available to Vengeance Racing customers under the name VR1100. Pricing is still unclear on the build, but it wouldn't be outrageous to assume the total vehicle costs well over $75,000, since the Camaro ZL1 itself starts around $62,000.
Unfortunately, we do not know any of the performance times for Vengeance Racing's manic muscle car yet, but the stock Camaro ZL1 already hits 60 mph in 3.5 seconds and tops out at 190 mph...so we can only imagine the insane performance stats this thing will put down.
Vengeance Racing Camaro ZL1 VR1100 - Performance Parts:
- Procharger F-1A-94 Supercharger System
- Air-to-water intercooler
- Late Model Engines billet intake manifold
- Vengeance Racing CNC Ported LT4 cylinder heads
- Vengeance Racing Stage II Camshaft Kit
- AlkyControl dual nozzle methanol injection
- Kooks stainless steel longtube headers, x-pipe, axle-back exhaust system
- Custom ECU calibration
- C16 race fuel
- RELATED2018 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE Posts Blazing 7:16.04 Nurburgring Lap TimeIs it even fair to call it a muscle car anymore if it's quicker than a Ferrari 488 GTB?READ NOW
- RELATEDChevrolet Teases Camaro ZL1 1LE Nurburgring Lap Time VideoThe baddest Camaro yet may be about to blow some minds.READ NOW
- RELATEDChevy Camaro ZL1 1LE Extreme Track Performance Package Dominates Race TracksThe new package costs $7,500 bringing the 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE to $69,995.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Chevy Camaro ZL1's Exhaust Was So Loud It Set Off the AirbagsAdmittedly not the most common side effect of straight pipes.READ NOW
- RELATED10-Speed 2017 Chevy Camaro ZL1 Only Needs 8 Gears to Hit 180 MPHYep, there's still some pulling power as it flirts with 200.READ NOW