There's an Ultra-Limited $97,000 Paint Option Available for the Porsche 911 Turbo S
Standing out ain't cheap.
Like other top-tier auto manufacturers, Porsche features an in-house customizing shop to fulfill the dreams and indulge the whims of its wealthy clients. With that in mind, Porsche Exclusive has just pulled the wraps off a new option for the 991.2-generation Porsche 911 Turbo S that's sure to please the most deep-pocketed P-Car fans: a new ultra-limited $97,000 paint option called Python Green Chromaflair.
The Porsche 911 Turbo S is already a hell of a car—The Drive's Mike Spinelli compared it to Iron Man's powered exosuit during his test drive last year—but this stunning, almost pearlescent green paint job makes it stand out even more. Word of the special color and its nearly six-figure price first emerged via the @ptsrs Instagram account, which is dedicated to Porsche's "paint-to-sample" custom color options for its cars.
Soon after posting, readers and commenters chimed in saying they couldn't believe that a Porsche paint option could cost more than a base 911 Carrera (starting at $91,000). To prove its legitimacy, the account then posted a picture of the build sheet that indicates the color's cost at €82,645.50, or around $97,344 at today's exchange rates.
And that's not all. This particular 911 Turbo S is also fitted with several custom colors on the interior trim and a Burmester surround sound system, plus a whole bunch of other options that bring the total customization cost to around $133,600. Considering the car itself starts at around $191,000, this package is more expensive than the upgraded Porsche 911 Turbo S Exclusive, which starts just under $260,000.
But real exclusivity ain't cheap. Ptsrs points out that the special Chromaflair paint is also available in blue, gold, and violet, but at a microscopic rate of just five examples per year.
- RELATEDHere Are The Five Wildest Creations Of Porsche's Exclusive DepartmentPorsche Exclusive has built some seriously cool 911s.READ NOW
- RELATEDPorsche's Exclusive Department Will Do Almost Anything You WantJust like Burger King, you can have it your wayREAD NOW
- RELATEDPorsche's 607 Horsepower 911 Turbo S Exclusive Series Is A Nearly Silent Golden RocketWatch this bright and shiny ship sprint its way up the hill in its global debut at GoodwoodREAD NOW
- RELATEDWhen a Porsche 911 Turbo S Races a French Military Helicopter, Who Wins?Well, besides the people lucky enough to be piloting a Porsche 911 Turbo S and a military helicopter.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Porsche 911 Turbo S Is the Powered Exoskeleton Drivers Need NowThe “Iron Man Suit” sports car gets even more heroic for 2017.READ NOW