Take a Deep Dive Into the 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor's Off-Road Capabilities
Those are a lot of numbers you got there.
The Drive has done an extensive job of covering the 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor. Between Ben Preston's first drive, Lawrence Ulrich's "This Year's Model" review, and more press releases, related topics, and cool video than we can remember, we feel like the Raptor is apart of the family. However, like any overachieving family member, it can hard to keep track of all this truck's accomplishments.
The new Ford Raptor is truly a wonder in the automotive community with its twin-turbocharged 3.5-liter EcoBoost V6 and 10-speed automatic transmission. Yet, there is so much more to this off-road truck that many of us forget. To remind us of what this F-150 can do, Ford has released a quick video showing off many of the impressive points of the Raptor...while simultaneously showing off a ton of sweet footage of the truck's off-road capabilities.
Some impressive points that are often overlooked are that the Raptor has four transfer case modes, six terrain modes, and countless display features that leave no off-road question unanswered. Not overlooked: Just how cool this Ford looks as it climbs hills and blasts across desert terrain.
- RELATEDWatch Ken Block Do a Huge Burnout in His New Ford F-150 RaptorIt was "awesome," according to Block's kids.READ NOW
- RELATEDF250R's Ford F-250 MegaRaptor Is Nothing Short of InsaneThe MegaRaptor can tow a house and rip across sand dunes in the same afternoon.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch Ken Block Abuse a 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor in the DesertThe Gymkhana master and rally expert took Ford's off-road monster to the sand dunes for some fun.READ NOW
- RELATED2017 Ford F-150 Raptor Review: Baja Bad BoyFord's Baja-racing pickup is a wild desert dog, with a sneak-peek version of the Ford GT's V6.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch the New Ford F-150 Raptor Crush the Old Version in a Drag RaceThe new EcoBoost V6-powered Raptor might not make the belligerent noise of the old V8 model, but it sure is quick.READ NOW