Drive Wire for August 4th, 2016: BMW Restores Elvis Presley’s 507 For Pebble Beach
Two years of comprehensive work after forty years of decay and the Fifties sportscar looks mint again.
Today on Drive Wire, Elvis Presley's BMW 507 coupe was unveiled after BMW spent two years restoring it to pristine condition. Only 254 models of the 507 were ever produced by BMW in the Fifties, and the rock icon owned two of the 3.2-liter V8 beauties. Presley gave one to a film co-star and the other was "lost" for forty years. After re-discovering it in a state of total disrepair, BMW painstakingly brought the coupe back to life and plans on revealing it publicly later this month at the Concours d'Elegance at Pebble Beach. For more on the story, check out the video above.
- RELATEDDrive Wire for August 3rd, 2016: Texas Lawmaker Wants to Ban Cop Cars from Private HandsBill would make it a crime for non-police officers to drive around in vehicles that resemble police cruisers.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for August 3rd, 2016: EPA and Automakers Clash Over 2025 Fuel Economy StandardsCar companies insist the rule could force them to build models customers don't want.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for August 2nd, 2016: South Korea Bans 80 Different Volkswagen CarsDieselgate-related legal action covers VW, Audi, and Bentley models.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for August 2nd, 2016: NICB Releases Most-Stolen Cars List for 2015As usual, domestic pickup trucks and import sedans top the list.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for August 1st, 2016: Delphi to Test Self-Driving Taxis in SingaporePilot program could put people in autonomous cabs by 2019.READ NOW