Watch This Tesla Model X P100D Go Up Against A Lamborghini Aventador LP570-4 SV
The Model X P100D ends up setting a record for fastest quarter mile of a production SUV.
Everyone likes watching an unlikely pair of vehicles get pitted against each other in a battle of power and speed. With that in mind, the guys from DragTimes went to the strip to do battle with a Tesla Model X P100D and a Lamborghini Aventador LP750-4 SV.
The Tesla rocks 588 horsepower and 920 lb-ft of torque and has ludicrous mode so we can also safely assume it will dominate the track. Then diverting our attention to the Lamborghini, we are reminded of how amazing a 750 horsepower 6.5-liter V12 sounds. Both vehicles are engineering marvels in their own right and both are worthy competitors on the track. Although both vehicles are all-wheel-drive, the Tesla proves a little more seasoned in keeping the power down and is able to get a cleaner launch off the line, still, the Lamborghini quickly starts playing catchup after the dash to 60 mph. However, the Tesla Model X is able to squeeze out a world record for the fastest production SUV with a 1/4 mile time of 11.418 seconds at a soccer ball popping 117.85 mph.
To no one's surprise, the Lamborghini still beat the Model X by 0.13 seconds in the quarter mile...and it sounds like a thousand Italian angels singing.
- RELATEDWatch This Tesla Model X Deliver More Horsepower Than Expected on the DynoThe 90D version of the crossover may not be the performance version...but it still packs a punch.READ NOW
- RELATEDTesla Model X Price Drops $3,000Performance-trim Model S and Xes also get options made standard.READ NOW
- RELATEDTesla Model X Off-Road Rendering Makes Us Want One More Than EverBetter than your eco-friendly, neighborhood soccer mom's.READ NOW
- RELATEDWe May Already Know What the Aventador's Successor Will Look LikeSorry to spoil the surprise, but we know how the next V12 Lamborghini will look.READ NOW
- RELATEDTuner Makes the Lamborghini Aventador SV Roadster More Insane With 970 HPBecause 750 horsepower just isn't enough for some people.READ NOW