Tesla to Increase Prices for Model S, Model X 100D and P100D
This news comes after the company announced it will drop the Model S 75's price by $7,500.
Tesla has confirmed that, starting next week, it will increase the prices of its performance-oriented 100D and P100D models, Electrek reports. The news of this price hike comes right after the electric automaker dropped the price for its most affordable car, the Model S 75, by $7,500.
Starting on April 24, the exact price increases for the 100 kWh battery-equipped models are as follows:
- Model S 100D: $95,000 to $97,500
- Model S P100D: $134,500 to $140,000
- Model X 100D: $98,500 to $99,500
- Model X P100D: $135,500 to $145,000
Aside from the price increases, Tesla models equipped with the 100-kWh battery packs will be the only cars in Tesla's range to feature the electric automaker's 72-amp charger—a charger that increases the charging speed to 46 miles of range for every hour of charging when paired with Tesla's Wall Connector. This has no effect on Tesla's Supercharger stations, which every Tesla model can use.
In Tesla's own words:
“Periodically we have adjusted pricing and available options to best reflect the value of our products and our customers’ preferences. Today’s updates include slight price decreases to our 75, 75D and 90D models to account for the discontinuation of our 60 kWh models, and next week we will be implementing slight price increases to our higher end 100D and P100D models. We expect our total average selling price to remain almost exactly the same.
Price increases for our 100D and P100D models will take effect on April 24, 2017 to best accommodate customers already in the order process, while price decreases for 75, 75D and 90D models will take effect today.”
- RELATEDTesla Stock Prices Leap After Self-Driving Semi and Pickup TeaseShares have now went over $300 per.READ NOW
- RELATEDTesla Model 3 Be Revealed in 'Final' Form in July, Elon Musk SaysTesla will have a "final" reveal of the Model 3 in July, just in time for the start of production.READ NOW
- RELATEDElon Musk Tells Angry Tesla Investors To Buy Ford StockNo word yet on whether this was serious or just snark.READ NOW
- RELATEDTesla to Unveil Semi-Truck in September, Pickup to FollowThat is, if Tesla's truck doesn't get delayed in the process.READ NOW
- RELATEDEPA Confirms Tesla Model S 100D's 335-Mile RangeThat makes it the longest-range EV currently on the market.READ NOW