We may earn revenue from the products available on this page and participate in affiliate programs. Learn more ›
Air conditioning systems are a necessity in homes and in other industries. An optimally performing air conditioning system shields you from extreme temperatures and humidity. For a conditioning system to remain functional, you need to continually check vacuum and dehydration levels. A micron gauge helps you to measure these levels in a fast and accurate manner. Which are the best micron gauges available? After thorough research, here are the top options.
Testo 552 Digital Vacuum Micron Gauge
A powerful micron gauge, this model features Pirani sensors to measure the most minute pressures. Ideal for HVAC applications, the gauge features a prominent screen and includes Bluetooth features for added efficiency.
- Communicates with smartphone through Bluetooth for comprehensive reports
- Works with both Android and iOS systems
- May encounter issues when pairing your device
- Screen is vulnerable to scratches and water damage
Measureman Digital Vacuum Gauge
Available at a friendly price point, this digital vacuum gauge connects easily through a quarter-inch attachment. Running on batteries, it’s accurate to within 1 percent.
- Accurately measures negative pressure
- Not prone to rust and corrosion
- Displays in multiple metrics
- Connects firmly
- Smaller than many other models
- Can be challenging to control the two push buttons
- Backlight is easy to break
CPS VG200 with Digital LCD Display
The CPS micron gauge is equipped with a digital display terminal for a precise, hassle-free reading. A built-in self-heated thermistor helps you keep check on temperature changes. Overall, this micron gauge has a sturdy construction for durability.
- Vacuum gauge includes ambient compensation for user-friendliness
- Crisp LCD display terminal is easy to maintain
- Withstands pressures up to 400 pounds per square inch
- Gauge does not read below 20,000 microns
- Can be difficult to open battery compartment
- If batteries left too long, will leak and cause acid issues
Best Micron Gauge Reviews & Recommendations 2021
- Constant checks will help keep your micron gauge in top condition. Frequent maintenance minimizes possibilities of leaks that may affect the functionality of your gauge.
- Always check on the refrigerant profiles of a micron gauge before purchasing it. The higher the refrigerator profile of a gauge, the more versatile it is.
- Resolution in a micron gauge can vary from 50 microns to 9,999 microns. Always ascertain that your preferred gauge has the right resolution.
Q: How often should I change the oil in my vacuum pump?
A: Change the oil as advised by a professional. The oil in your vacuum pump absorbs moisture and thus becomes less effective after a certain duration of use.
Q: Does a pressure gauge give me recommended pressure values?
A: Yes, a pressure gauge checks both high and low pressures. It also displays the superheat and subcool along with temperature readings.
Q: Can the CALBEAU 4-way manifold gauge set work with R-407-C?
A: Since the two gauges have a similar refrigerant value and almost similar interfaces, they can be used interchangeably. However, you may want to double check with the manufacturer to be sure.
We highly recommend the Testo 552 Digital Vacuum Micron Gauge. It’s a powerful gauge that measures the most minute pressures.
For a cheaper option, consider the Measureman Digital Vacuum Gauge. It’s a budget-friendly yet accurate gauge.
Why Trust Us
Our reviews are driven by a combination of hands-on testing, expert input, “wisdom of the crowd” assessments from actual buyers, and our own expertise. We always aim to offer genuine, accurate guides to help you find the best picks.Learn more