Best Motorcycle Drink Holders: Enjoy a Beverage After a Long Ride
These motorcycle drink holders allow you to have a refreshing beverage wherever you like
The Drive and its partners may earn a commission if you purchase a product through one of our links. Read more.
Depending on the type of motorcycle you own, it can be difficult to carry something to drink on a long ride. But if you have a motorcycle drink holder, you don’t have to find a shop or gas station to grab a refreshing beverage because you can carry one with you. Here are some of the best motorcycle drink holders on the market.
This chrome-plated cup holder looks great and has a reversible mounting stud for either rigid or pivot positioning.
- Fits handlebars of different sizes
- Comes with two liners to adapt it to both large and small containers
- Not weather-resistant and can easily rust
- Can be hard to get drinks out because of the tight fit
This polycarbonate cup holder has been on the market for 15 years and comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Tough and suitable for all weather conditions
- Comes with a free can and bottle koozie
- Doesn’t fit some types of motorcycles
- Some people think that it looks cheap compared to metal alternatives
The Kuryaken is made from chrome with a mesh bottom and has unique “fingers” to hold drinks of any size.
- Can be mounted in a variety of places, including the handlebars and clutch/brake mount
- Has a sturdy mounting system that can fit a wide range of motorcycles
- This cup holder is very expensive
- There have also been complaints that it can only fit at one angle without the option to adjust it
Why Trust Us
Our reviews are driven by a combination of hands-on testing, expert input, “wisdom of the crowd” assessments from actual buyers, and our own expertise. We always aim to offer genuine, accurate guides to help you find the best picks.
Benefits of Motorcycle Drink Holders
- Hydration. Having a beverage holder on your handlebars will help you stay hydrated on long rides by keeping your favorite beverage within arm’s reach. You can get dehydrated on long rides or in hot weather, and having to constantly stop to grab a drink can get tedious. A cup holder lets you keep riding while drinking.
- Convenience. You could stow your drink away in your saddlebag. But this only works if it’s in an enclosed container. A cup holder makes it convenient to bring a can of soda or your coffee mug with you.
- Looks. Since your cup holder is front and center with its handlebar mount, why not choose something that makes a statement? Show chrome will look beautiful and add to the looks of your bike.
Types of Motorcycle Drink Holders
Chrome cup holders tend to be the most popular choice for Harley-Davidson owners. It’s stylish and flashy. You’ll find some that are entirely chrome, while others only have chrome trim. If you decide you want chrome, look for one that is high-quality. Some low-quality models will have a chrome-like finish on plastic.
If you are worried about metal corrosion, then a polycarbonate cup holder may sound more appealing. These cup holders are made from a compound that makes them both nice-looking and durable. If you’re looking for something affordable and functional, then polycarbonate can be a smart addition to your motorcycle.
This third type of cup holder can come in a wide variety of fabrics, including leather and mesh. Mesh can be accommodating for a wider variety of drink sizes. However, there isn’t any insulation with mesh. Leather can give you some insulating qualities, but the moisture from a sweating drink can cause the leather to get stiff over time.
Founded in 1989, Kuryakyn has built a reputation for crafting high-quality motorcycle accessories. Its product line features items that mount all over the bike, from cup holders to exhausts. The Kuryakyn Passenger Armrest Drink Holder is a quality investment.
Operating out of Nettleton, Miss. and Metuchen, N.J., Kruzer Kaddy was born out of two motorcycle riders’ frustration with throwing away half-consumed drinks. The company has a product line of cup holders that are both attractive and affordable. Check out the Kruzer Kustom Kaddy Chrome Skull Motorcycle Cup Holder for your bike.
Most people know RAM Mounts for their cell phone holders. Its product line is much larger and features mounting solutions for a variety of motorcycle accessories. Founded in 1995, RAM has grown its product line to about 5,000 different mounts. Try the RAM Level Cup XL 32oz Drink Holder with Ball Mount for your motorcycle.
Based in Hudson, Wis., Ciro creates a wide range of cruiser accessories. This small American company focuses on creating bike accessories with an attitude to help you create a unique look while also achieving functionality. Check out the Ciro Drink Holder Perch Mount Chrome Plated and Rubber for a stylish cup holder for your bike.
Founded in 1999 by Bill “Barefoot Willie” Fowler, Barefoot Willies produces handlebar-mounted beverage holders. It’s most well-known for the “Cool Rider” holder. The goal of Bill and the entire team is to create helpful accessories for the everyday bike rider. Try the "Cool Rider" Motorcycle Cup Holder for yourself.
Motorcycle Drink Holders Pricing
- Under $25. These are the simplest forms of cup holders and are typically made out of plastic. They’ll use minimal materials and have a generic screw-down clamp to make them a universal drink holder.
- $25 to $50. Most cup holders fall into this range. You’ll find more material options, such as chrome and polycarbonate. The handlebar attachment may be adjustable or size-specific.
- $50 to $80. Cupholders in this range tend to have more features and more sophisticated handlebar attachments. They may also use more than one type of material. Their high-quality materials give them durability.
Cup holders come in a variety of materials, including plastic, metal, polycarbonate, chrome, fabric, and leather. The material you choose is based on your bike aesthetic, budget, handlebar space, and the drinks you intend to carry. Plastic and polycarbonate cup holders are durable but can get brittle in the sun. Metal cup holders are strong but can get quite hot in the sun.
Most cup holders will use a round clamp to wrap around the handlebar for installation. There are some cup holders that have a mounting plate bracket and bolts that are used for installation. If you’re looking for a less permanent option, then the clamp is the smarter choice. You can loosen and adjust or remove the clamp as needed.
Since these cup holders mount on your handlebars, you need to consider the amount of space you have. Some bikes are quite limited in the amount of available space. Measure around your handlebars for both the diameter and width to ensure the clamp will fit. You should also think about which side you want it on. If you mount it on the right side, you’ll have to take your hand off of the throttle or reach crossbody for a drink while riding.
- Size. Think about the size of the drinks you want to carry. Don’t buy a holder that is smaller and meant for water bottles if you plan to carry your large travel coffee mug in it. Similarly, don’t buy the largest holder on the market if you want to carry a water bottle. It’ll flop around and not be secure in the holder.
- Adjustability. If you aren’t sure what sized drinks you want to carry, or you want to have the freedom to change your mind, then adjustability is important. Look for a drink holder that lets you change its size so that it will be secure for both small and large drinks.
- Quick Release. Bolting a cup holder to your bike might be more permanent than what you want. You can look for a cup holder that has a quick-release lever. This will let you add or remove the holder as needed. They will typically clamp around the handlebar and have a hand-tightening lever or screw.
Best Motorcycle Drink Holders Reviews & Recommendations 2021
- A good cup holder doesn’t necessarily have to hold just drinks. It can hold a variety of things that can be handy on a ride, such as food. It can even hold your cell phone or be used as a temporary waste disposal unit.
- Cup holders come with a variety of mounting systems. It’s best to get one that fits securely and can be easily installed and removed. However, if it is too easy to remove it can get stolen.
- Some cup holders can accommodate add-on devices, such as phone mounts for your tablet, GPS, or smartphone. Just remember to pay attention to the road when using these devices while riding.
Q: Why do I need a drink holder on a motorcycle?
Many bikes don’t have saddlebags, and during a long trip it can be inconvenient to find a place to get a beverage. With a cup holder, you can have your drink ready when you are thirsty.
Q: Where is the best place to mount a motorcycle drink holder?
Most motorcycle cup holders mount on the handlebars for easy reach and convenience. However, many can be mounted on different areas of the motorcycle, such as the clutch or brake perch.
Q: What is the best material for a motorcycle drink holder?
Drink holders come in a number of materials, including polycarbonate, stainless steel, plastic, and chrome. They all have their benefits, and it’s best to get the one that suits your requirements.
Our pick for the best motorcycle drink holder is the Kruzer Daddy 200. Not only does it look great, but it can easily accommodate drinks of different sizes.
For a more affordable option try the Barefoot Willies “Cool Rider."