Best Gifts for Motorcyclists: Give the Perfect Riding Present
Be a holiday hero with one of these best gifts for motorcyclists
The Drive and its partners may earn a commission if you purchase a product through one of our links. Read more.
Finding the perfect gift for someone can be stressful. It’s even more challenging when the recipient is a motorcyclist, but you don’t ride. How do you know what to get them? Our buying guide picks are sure to please most motorcyclists and make you look like a gift-giving pro.
This stylish jacket comes equipped with high-visibility components and waterproof material. It’s suitable for all seasons. The removable armor keeps riders safe from abrasions. Bold colors improve visibility while riding. The HWK jacket is durable yet fashionable.
- Waterproof features keep riders comfortable during precipitation
- Firm stitching and removable armor add durability and protection from impact and abrasion
- Breathes well during warm weather and insulates against the cold
- During heavy rainfall, water may enter through the zipper
- Velcro wears down after continual use, leaving the zipper more exposed
- Sizes may run small
This aluminum phone holder mounts on the handlebars. It features a sturdy clamp and 360-degree viewing capacity. It works with iPhones and Galaxy devices that are up to 3.4 inches wide and 0.5 inches thick.
- Works on many different types of bars and mounts directly to 1.25-inch bars without a bushing
- Only requires one hand to attach and take out your phone
- Easy to install and remove
- May not fit cruisers with fairings without moving the handlebar position
- Jaws could be slightly larger to accommodate big phones with cases
Lift up to 1,000 pounds on the 9 4/5-inch deck made of solid steel construction. The lift features a red paint finish and a nonslip safety rubber layer on the lift deck.
- Wide deck platform and high-weight capacity make this lift compatible with a wide range of motorcycles
- Its overall small size makes it portable for use at home or the track
- There is some instability when the jack is extended to its full height
- May not be as durable as other available lift options
Benefits of Gifts for Motorcyclists
- They show you care. Whether you ride a motorcycle or not, you can appreciate the love some people have for their bikes. What better way to acknowledge that passion than to give a friend or family member a motorcycle-themed gift?
- They're affordable. There are many cheap motorcycle gifts available in stores and online. Whether it's a simple keychain or a special brand of hat, there's no doubt that the recipient will be happy knowing you care enough to give them something that shows their love of riding.
- There's a lot of variety. There's virtually no end to the types of presents you can give motorcycle riders. The best gifts for motorbike lovers run the gamut, from parts to their bike to accessories, such as phone holders and saddlebags.
Types of Gifts for Motorcyclists
One way bikers enjoy showing their passion for their hobby is by wearing motorcycle-branded T-shirts, jackets, and other apparel. If you know the recipient has a Triumph, for example, then look for a shirt with the company's logo. If you think he or she would like a Harley-Davidson ring or bracelet, go for it. There are a lot of apparel options for bikers.
Every motorcycle lover needs some kind of gear, whether for protection or for style. You can buy the recipient a new helmet or a leather jacket, so he or she stays nice and warm in colder temperatures. Bikers also need boots, gloves, goggles, and other types of gear that they can wear throughout the year.
There are tons of accessories that motorcyclists can use both on and off the bike. To make the ride more comfortable, consider getting Bluetooth earbuds or a holder for a smartphone. They may even need a backpack or small bag to put on the front forks. If you want to buy them something they can enjoy off the bike, purchase diecast motorcycle toys, specially branded salt and pepper shakers, or even a throw pillow featuring an image of a motorcycle. The possibilities are endless.
This gift idea is a little tricky because you need a bit of firsthand knowledge or you must do some research in advance. If you know the make, model, and year of the recipient's motorcycle, then you may want to get him or her some parts that boost the bike's performance or overall comfort. Just be sure you know the details about their bike before you make a purchase.
Two friends founded Harley-Davidson in 1903 in Milwaukee, Wis. The company produces motorcycles as well as a variety of accessories and apparel, including the HD Bar & Shield Carbon Fiber Vinyl Inlay Keychain, which is a great gift for any Harley owner.
Honda Motor Co.
Honda Motor Company, Ltd. is a Japanese company that manufactures automobiles, motorcycles, and power equipment. It is distinguished for being the world's largest motorcycle manufacturer since 1959. The company was founded by mechanic Soichiro Honda, who got his start tuning cars. One popular motorcycle gift is the Honda Retro Snapback Hat.
Tackform is based in Chicago, Ill. It launched in 2012 and manufacturers a variety of mounts for smartphones, tablets, and cameras, with special lines dedicated to motorcycles, fleets, and other vehicles. One of its top products is the Metal Motorcycle Mount for Phone.
Meguiar's got its start in 1901. The company, based in Irvine, Calif., started out as Mirror Bright Polish Company before it became Meguiar's and started focusing on products for car dealerships, body shops, and professional detailers. It launched its Liquid Cleaner Wax in 1973 and hasn't looked back. One of its popular products for bikes is the Meguiar's Motorcycle Care Kit.
Gifts for Motorcyclists Pricing
- Under $15: You don't have to spend a lot of money on motorcycle accessories. You can find key chains, motorcycle night lights, coffee mugs, tire gauges, and other cool gifts for a reasonable price.
- $15-$50: T-shirts, cleaning kits, decorative motorcycle signs, phone mounts, head wraps, gloves, baseball caps, and lots of other bike-themed gifts are available in this price range.
- $100 and up: If you want to buy your friend, dad, brother, or cousin a new helmet, jacket, or parts for their bike, expect to pay a bit more money. Gifts in this price range should last a long time, and there's no doubt the recipient will be happy with the purchase.
People usually have a set price when they're shopping for a gift for a friend or a family member. As we've already noted, gifts for motorcyclists can be either really affordable or quite expensive, depending on what you're looking for. Once you come up with a budget, it will be easier to find the perfect gift.
Bike Make and Model
There are many generic motorcycle gifts available in stores and online, but if you know the details about a recipient's bike, even better. This will allow you to buy brand-specific gear, such as a green Kawasaki long-sleeve shirt or BMW-branded sunglasses. The more you know about the person's bike, the easier it will be to find him or her a gift they will appreciate.
If you plan on buying your father, son, or sister some motorcycle gear or apparel, it's really important that you know what size they wear. While sometimes it's better to go bigger, this isn't the case if you're buying them a helmet or gloves, for example. If these items are too small or too large, they can create safety issues when it comes to controlling the motorcycle or seeing the road.
- Style. Make sure to purchase a gift that blends in with the biker's personal style. Don't buy someone who rides a cruiser a jacket that's meant for someone who owns a street bike. If the recipient lives in a home with conservative décor, he may not want a Yamaha-branded blanket for the bedroom. Choose something they will use that matches their personality.
- Recipient's Needs. While it's nice to give someone a mug with Rat Fink on it or a tank top that reads, "If you aren't riding, then you aren't living," think about what the rider actually needs. It could be something as simple as a toolset to an item more practical such as a lowering kit.
Best Gifts for Motorcyclists Reviews & Recommendations 2021
- Riders have different styles that match the type of bike that they own. Try to match the style of your gift to the style of the motorcyclist and their bike.
- Stay away from items that are highly specialized for a specific model of bike. Unless you know all of the specs of their bike, such gifts may not be appropriate.
- Listen to the motorcyclist talk, and pay attention to anything they mention is a problem or pain point. Then find an item that solves their problem, so that your gift will be useful.
Q: Safety gear is important, so shouldn’t I buy that as a motorcycle gift?
Certain safety gear requires the rider to be present when you buy it. It needs to fit the rider perfectly. Unless you are absolutely positive you have the right size, it may be better to focus on other types of gifts.
Q: Should I buy bike parts as a motorcycle gift?
Bike parts need to either be universal or matched to a specific bike. To get the right part, you’ll need to know the make, model, and year of the bike.
Q: Is it safe to get a gift that’s bike-related but not specifically for the bike?
Yes, you can get a gift that is bike-themed and not specifically for the gift recipient’s motorcycle. They can show their passion for bikes even when they’re not riding.
The Meguiar's Motorcycle Care Kit is our best overall choice because it can appeal to a wide range of riders. It comes with plenty of items, and any enthusiast will appreciate the high-quality products.
If you’re looking for a more budget-friendly gift, you can’t go wrong with the Metal Motorcycle Mount for Phone by TACKFORM.