LAST UPDATED: November 15, 2019
Best Gifts for Motorcyclists: Give the Perfect Riding Present
Be a holiday hero with one of these best gifts for motorcyclists
The Review Team
How We Decided
The Drive and its partners may earn a commission if you purchase a product through one of our links. Read more.
PUBLISHED ON November 15, 2019
Finding the perfect gift for someone can be stressful. It’s even more challenging when the recipient is a motorcyclist, but you don’t ride. How do you know what to get them? Our buying guide picks are sure to please most motorcyclists and make you look like a gift-giving pro.
This stylish jacket comes equipped with high-visibility components and waterproof material. It’s suitable for all seasons. The removable armor keeps riders safe from abrasions. Bold colors improve visibility while riding. The HWK jacket is durable yet fashionable.
- Waterproof features keep riders comfortable during precipitation
- Firm stitching and removable armor add durability and protection from impact and abrasion
- Breathes well during warm weather and insulates against the cold
- During heavy rainfall, water may enter through the zipper
- Velcro wears down after continual use, leaving the zipper more exposed
- Sizes may run small
This aluminum phone holder mounts on the handlebars. It features a sturdy clamp and 360-degree viewing capacity. It works with iPhones and Galaxy devices that are up to 3.4 inches wide and 0.5 inches thick.
- Works on many different types of bars and mounts directly to 1.25-inch bars without a bushing
- Only requires one hand to attach and take out your phone
- Easy to install and remove
- May not fit cruisers with fairings without moving the handlebar position
- Jaws could be slightly larger to accommodate big phones with cases
Lift up to 1,000 pounds on the 9 4/5-inch deck made of solid steel construction. The lift features a red paint finish and a nonslip safety rubber layer on the lift deck.
- Wide deck platform and high-weight capacity make this lift compatible with a wide range of motorcycles
- Its overall small size makes it portable for use at home or the track
- There is some instability when the jack is extended to its full height
- May not be as durable as other available lift options
Benefits of Gifts for Motorcyclists
- They show you care. Whether you ride a motorcycle or not, you can appreciate the love some people have for their bikes. What better way to acknowledge that passion than to give a friend or family member a motorcycle-themed gift?
- They're affordable. There are many cheap motorcycle gifts available in stores and online. Whether it's a simple keychain or a special brand of hat, there's no doubt that the recipient will be happy knowing you care enough to give them something that shows their love of riding.
- There's a lot of variety. There's virtually no end to the types of presents you can give motorcycle riders. The best gifts for motorbike lovers run the gamut, from parts to their bike to accessories, such as phone holders and saddlebags.
Types of Gifts for Motorcyclists
One way bikers enjoy showing their passion for their hobby is by wearing motorcycle-branded T-shirts, jackets, and other apparel. If you know the recipient has a Triumph, for example, then look for a shirt with the company's logo. If you think he or she would like a Harley-Davidson ring or bracelet, go for it. There are a lot of apparel options for bikers.
Every motorcycle lover needs some kind of gear, whether for protection or for style. You can buy the recipient a new helmet or a leather jacket, so he or she stays nice and warm in colder temperatures. Bikers also need boots, gloves, goggles, and other types of gear that they can wear throughout the year.
There are tons of accessories that motorcyclists can use both on and off the bike. To make the ride more comfortable, consider getting Bluetooth earbuds or a holder for a smartphone. They may even need a backpack or small bag to put on the front forks. If you want to buy them something they can enjoy off the bike, purchase diecast motorcycle toys, specially branded salt and pepper shakers, or even a throw pillow featuring an image of a motorcycle. The possibilities are endless.
This gift idea is a little tricky because you need a bit of firsthand knowledge or you must do some research in advance. If you know the make, model, and year of the recipient's motorcycle, then you may want to get him or her some parts that boost the bike's performance or overall comfort. Just be sure you know the details about their bike before you make a purchase.
Two friends founded Harley-Davidson in 1903 in Milwaukee, Wis. The company produces motorcycles as well as a variety of accessories and apparel, including the HD Bar & Shield Carbon Fiber Vinyl Inlay Keychain, which is a great gift for any Harley owner.
Honda Motor Co.
Honda Motor Company, Ltd. is a Japanese company that manufactures automobiles, motorcycles, and power equipment. It is distinguished for being the world's largest motorcycle manufacturer since 1959. The company was founded by mechanic Soichiro Honda, who got his start tuning cars. One popular motorcycle gift is the Honda Retro Snapback Hat.
Tackform is based in Chicago, Ill. It launched in 2012 and manufacturers a variety of mounts for smartphones, tablets, and cameras, with special lines dedicated to motorcycles, fleets, and other vehicles. One of its top products is the Metal Motorcycle Mount for Phone.
Meguiar's got its start in 1901. The company, based in Irvine, Calif., started out as Mirror Bright Polish Company before it became Meguiar's and started focusing on products for car dealerships, body shops, and professional detailers. It launched its Liquid Cleaner Wax in 1973 and hasn't looked back. One of its popular products for bikes is the Meguiar's Motorcycle Care Kit.
Gifts for Motorcyclists Pricing
- Under $15: You don't have to spend a lot of money on motorcycle accessories. You can find key chains, motorcycle night lights, coffee mugs, tire gauges, and other cool gifts for a reasonable price.
- $15-$50: T-shirts, cleaning kits, decorative motorcycle signs, phone mounts, head wraps, gloves, baseball caps, and lots of other bike-themed gifts are available in this price range.
- $100 and up: If you want to buy your friend, dad, brother, or cousin a new helmet, jacket, or parts for their bike, expect to pay a bit more money. Gifts in this price range should last a long time, and there's no doubt the recipient will be happy with the purchase.
People usually have a set price when they're shopping for a gift for a friend or a family member. As we've already noted, gifts for motorcyclists can be either really affordable or quite expensive, depending on what you're looking for. Once you come up with a budget, it will be easier to find the perfect gift.
Bike Make and Model
There are many generic motorcycle gifts available in stores and online, but if you know the details about a recipient's bike, even better. This will allow you to buy brand-specific gear, such as a green Kawasaki long-sleeve shirt or BMW-branded sunglasses. The more you know about the person's bike, the easier it will be to find him or her a gift they will appreciate.
If you plan on buying your father, son, or sister some motorcycle gear or apparel, it's really important that you know what size they wear. While sometimes it's better to go bigger, this isn't the case if you're buying them a helmet or gloves, for example. If these items are too small or too large, they can create safety issues when it comes to controlling the motorcycle or seeing the road.
- Style. Make sure to purchase a gift that blends in with the biker's personal style. Don't buy someone who rides a cruiser a jacket that's meant for someone who owns a street bike. If the recipient lives in a home with conservative décor, he may not want a Yamaha-branded blanket for the bedroom. Choose something they will use that matches their personality.
- Recipient's Needs. While it's nice to give someone a mug with Rat Fink on it or a tank top that reads, "If you aren't riding, then you aren't living," think about what the rider actually needs. It could be something as simple as a toolset to an item more practical such as a lowering kit.
Best Gifts for Motorcyclists Reviews & Recommendations 2021
If you’re looking for a must-have item for the motorcyclist in your life, check out the HWK Adventure Armored Motorcycle Jacket. It’s no secret that dust and debris kick up while riding on the open road, so a quality jacket is necessary. The strong yet breathable material on this product even helps provide ample protection against abrasion.
This jacket features removable armor for an even safer ride. The jacket is waterproof and is lined with a hydrophobic membrane to keep moisture away. It’s available in different colors, ranging from bright green (for visibility) to sleek black and light grey.
The jacket makes a useful gift overall, especially since it's ideal for all seasons. The ventilated textile stays cool in the sun, while the insulated properties keep you warm during winter. Balancing style and function, this jacket is a good gift for motorcyclists.
This sturdy aluminum phone holder mounts on the motorcycle's handlebars, which makes it easy to access. It features a sturdy clamp and 360-degree viewing capacity. It's designed to hold tight no matter what type of riding you do: highway, country roads, or dirt roads. It works with iPhones and Galaxy devices that are up to 3.4 inches wide and 0.5 inches thick.
The phone mount works on many different types of bars, including Frisco and Ape Hangers. It’s easy to install and remove. The device mounts directly to 1.25-inch bars without a bushing but also comes with 7/8-inch, 1-inch, and 1.15-inch bushings. It only requires one hand to attach and remove your phone from the cradle.
One downside is it may not fit cruisers with fairings such as a Street Glide without moving the handlebar position. There may not be a lot of room to put the mount between the handlebars and the fairing, and finding the sweet spot can be tricky. Also, the jaws could be slightly larger to accommodate big phones with cases.
This motorcycle lift stand is intended for street bikes, cruisers, and adventure touring motorcycles. It can lift up to 1,000 pounds on its 9 4/5-inch deck, which is made of solid steel. It has a red painted finish and nonslip safety rubber layer on the lift deck. The device comes with a one-year warranty.
All parts of the lift have been rigorously tested to meet strict quality standards. The wide deck platform and high weight capacity make it compatible with a wide range of motorcycles. Since it's rather small, it's very portable and can be used at home or at the track. It's also dirt-resistant and easy to clean when covered in oil, grease, and paint.
However, there can be some instability when the jack is extended to its full height. It also may not be as durable as other available lift options. It cannot be used with dirt bikes, ATVs, UTVs, or snowmobiles.
This motorcycle accessory from EZ-GO is a great all-around gift for the adventurous riders in your life. This strap is made to hook over the shoulder for a hands-free carry. This is great for those that don’t want to leave the helmet behind or need to carry it short distances while holding other things in their hands. It keeps the helmet safe and close to you. It’s an affordable and simpler alternative to helmet bags. A perk of buying from EZ-GO is that you get a 30-day warranty along with the product. The straps come in different colors and designs so you can find one that is more personal to the person you’re buying the gift for, or as a nice gift to yourself because you deserve it.
While this is great for just about any motorcycle helmet, it is not compatible with Shoei or HJC helmets. If the motorcycle helmet in question is of a more unique design, you’ll need to be certain this strap will fit correctly with it. It is also easy to activate the quick-release and accidentally drop the helmet, so some care is needed with the product.
If you are looking to purchase a motorcycle cover that is resistant to all types of weather conditions and comes in a vast variety of sizes, then look no further than Dowco. While not a cheap product, this is definitely of top quality. It comes in all the standard sizes you would expect and includes scooter sizes, adventure touring, cruiser, grom, and sport. It comes in black or gray. This cover will protect the motorcycle against rain, mildew, the sun’s rays, and wind damage. It has a cord to ensure it fits snugly and stops interior moisture build-up, and it has a webbing belly strap to ensure the wind doesn’t blow it off. You can transport it easily with a compression storage bag, and it has a sewn-in hole for a wheel lock. This product does come with a limited lifetime warranty, giving you some peace of mind in case something happens to it.
This is not a cheap product, but it is a good investment to protect the life of the motorcycle. If the interior of the cover does happen to get wet, it does not dry out easily or quickly. If there is an issue with the product, customer service for Dowco is not the easiest to get a resolution from.
This motorcycle seat protector from Coleman is a great gift for motorcyclists because it adds both comfort to the ride and protects the already existing seat. It is made of soft, molded foam for a softer ride, making it easier to ride longer distances in comfort. If you already have tears in the motorcycle seat, this will help to prevent them from growing further. It has quick-release buckles for easy removal when needed. Coleman offers a one-year limited warranty for any manufacturer defects with the product.
This does not necessarily fit all motorcycle seats. You will need to double-check the measurements or be prepared to do some customizations to ensure a comfortable and secure fit. It does absorb moisture in the rain but will dry out quickly. It is also much more competitively priced than others on the market, making it a great value for the quality that you get.
This is a great go-to gift for motorcyclists due to its versatility and top quality. In addition to protecting the rider’s vision from the sun, this also has multiple fun features to make it extra special. It comes with Bluetooth 3.0 Technology, eight hours of talk time, and 110 hours of standby. The rider can take or reject calls, listen to the radio, and have GPS navigation audio. You can also talk between riders up to a distance of 1,000 feet. This makes riding easier and more comfortable, allowing hands-free phone calls, easy navigation through cities, and listening to music without having to blast it from the motorcycle’s speakers. In addition to all that, it is machine washable and has adjustable vents.
This is certainly not a cheap product given its range of capabilities. If the helmet’s Bluetooth system hasn’t been used in a long time, the battery will enter sleep mode and will require a half-hour charge to work right again. The rider-to-rider communication is only available with certain gadgets sold at ILM stores and is not compatible across other brands. If you are riding at fast speeds, the music can be difficult to hear.
If you are seeking a simpler gift for the motorcyclist in your life, then this hat from Honda is a stylish present. Of course, make sure they drive a Honda motorcycle. This hat is done in a retro, worn style which gives it an adventurous feel. It has a mesh back and snapback closure. It has a faded red, white, and blue color scheme.
Given its closure, the size is adjustable so it should fit nearly all head sizes. It falls in the price range you would expect for a hat, particularly for a brand-name one. It is made of a strong quality material, so this is something that will last a very long time without issue.
- Riders have different styles that match the type of bike that they own. Try to match the style of your gift to the style of the motorcyclist and their bike.
- Stay away from items that are highly specialized for a specific model of bike. Unless you know all of the specs of their bike, such gifts may not be appropriate.
- Listen to the motorcyclist talk, and pay attention to anything they mention is a problem or pain point. Then find an item that solves their problem, so that your gift will be useful.
Q: Safety gear is important, so shouldn’t I buy that as a motorcycle gift?
Certain safety gear requires the rider to be present when you buy it. It needs to fit the rider perfectly. Unless you are absolutely positive you have the right size, it may be better to focus on other types of gifts.
Q: Should I buy bike parts as a motorcycle gift?
Bike parts need to either be universal or matched to a specific bike. To get the right part, you’ll need to know the make, model, and year of the bike.
Q: Is it safe to get a gift that’s bike-related but not specifically for the bike?
Yes, you can get a gift that is bike-themed and not specifically for the gift recipient’s motorcycle. They can show their passion for bikes even when they’re not riding.
The Meguiar's Motorcycle Care Kit is our best overall choice because it can appeal to a wide range of riders. It comes with plenty of items, and any enthusiast will appreciate the high-quality products.
If you’re looking for a more budget-friendly gift, you can’t go wrong with the Metal Motorcycle Mount for Phone by TACKFORM.