Best Motorcycle Fairing Speaker Systems: A More Enjoyable Ride with Music
The ideal motorcycle fairing speaker systems for an enjoyable ride
Most people agree that good music is at the heart of enjoyable driving experiences. For many bikers, adding a high-quality music system is a bucket list item. Imagine driving down the highway on a Sunday afternoon with your favorite tunes churning from the fairing speaker system. It is memorable, to say the least.
The best motorcycle fairing speaker system converts your motorbike into a personal music system for a great journey or camping experience. However, you have to invest in good quality motorcycle fairing speaker systems. The following is a pick of some of the best.
Hoppe Quadzilla Fiberglass Fairing
A more expensive option on the market but guarantees to be worth every penny. The system is stylish, gives out good music, and protects the engine.
- All-in-one system with Batwing fairing and music system
- Produces good music
- Fiberglass construction
- Widely fitting gel-coat black finish
- Easy to install
- Plays Eclipse radio, AM, and FM
- The system is a bit expensive for some people. Furthermore, the volume buttons may not be fully effective and drag for a few seconds.
- Changing the channel or volume requires one hand off the bar.
Boss Audio Systems MCBK420B Motorcycle Bluetooth Speaker System
Effortless and versatile installation for your scooter, motorbike, or bicycle. The speakers are compact, stylish, and lightweight.
- Lightweight and affordable 3-inch speakers have good quality music and are easy to install
- Rugged and weather-resistant design to use it in any outdoor conditions
- Using the provided headphones is a risk when riding at high speeds. Installation requires small tie wraps and soldering, which may take some time.
- The volume control is a bit rusty.
Rockford Fosgate Power Harley-Davidson 6.5" Full Range Fairing/Tour-Pak Speakers
Enjoy music on your Harley-Davidson with this pair of 6.5-inch full range fairing/tour pack speakers. They’re a direct fit for a 2014 or newer Street Glide or Road Glide. They are 75 watts RMS and 150 Watts max power and have a 25mm dome tweeter.
- These are a direct replacement and don’t require any modifications for installation
- Water- and weather-resistant
- Protected from UV rays, changes in temperature, corrosion, and vibration
- You may not like the sound these speakers produce
- Screens that protect the speakers are of higher quality than the speakers themselves
Benefits of Motorcycle Fairing Speaker Systems
Why Trust Us
Our reviews are driven by a combination of hands-on testing, expert input, “wisdom of the crowd” assessments from actual buyers, and our own expertise. We always aim to offer genuine, accurate guides to help you find the best picks.Learn more
- Enjoyable music. The best quality motorcycle fairing speakers produce good quality music to make the ride or camping trip enjoyable. Listening to your favorite blues or jazz as you watch the sunset makes for a wonderful experience.
- Weatherproof. Most high-quality motorcycle fairing speaker systems are weatherproof. They have an ultraviolet coating to protect against the harmful rays of the sun, and the construction is mostly water-resistant. That means you can enjoy some good music when riding your motorcycle in any weather.
- Flexibility. Contemporary fairing speaker systems are coming with a bit of flexibility in terms of the source of the music. The music source may be Bluetooth, USB, or even a CD. The majority of them will also have AM and FM stations.
- Stylish. Upgrading to the latest motorcycle audio systems increases the show points on your motorbike. Judges in a motorcycle show are particularly keen on particular upgrades, and the fairing speakers may help you gain a spot above the rest.
- Increases the resale value. Installing the best motorcycle fairing systems adds to the value of the motorcycle, and it can be a quick and easy way to boost your profits. The speaker system can be the deal-breaker feature that makes it possible to find a buyer sooner.
Types of Motorcycle Fairing Speaker Systems
Fairing Motorcycle Speaker Kit
A high-quality fairing motorcycle speaker kit is mostly lightweight and waterproof for outdoor conditions. They may come with housing inserts to enhance their versatility, and you can use them to replace the factory speakers. The best among them is powerful, easy to install, and produces good sound. The speaker kit does not come with a shield as a package.
Batwing Fairing Speakers
Large touring motorbikes may come with speakers installed into the front fairing. Batwing fairing speakers are quite useful and they protect the engine from strong winds. In most cases, the fairing speakers come with a shield and mounting hardware as a package. They may be a bit pricey, such as those that fit on the Memphis Shades batwing fairing, but they are worth every penny.
Boss Audio Systems
Established in 1987 by Sam Robbani, Boss Audio Systems has been selling video and audio products for over three decades. The Oxnard, California-based company makes some of the best speakers, mobile video products, subwoofers, and amplifiers available on the market. One recommended product is the Boss Audio Systems MCBK420B Motorcycle Bluetooth Speaker System.
A subsidiary of the Rockford Corporation, Rockford Fosgate was established in 1973 and is based in Tempe, Arizona. The company designs audio products for motorcycles, marine, automotive, and other purposes. The Rockford Fosgate Digital Media Receiver is among its top products.
Motorcycle Fairing Speaker Systems Pricing
- Under $150: The fairing speaker systems at this price point are reasonably small in size and easy to install. They may not be as long-lasting as the others that cost more, and their functionality is not the best.
- $150 - $800: Fairing speaker systems are for those that appreciate a reliable audio system. Products in this price range have more control and are quite durable. They may also have Bluetooth connectivity and other input options.
- Above $800: The premium fairing speaker systems have better construction, more functionality, and the best sound. They give you total control over the music and are easy to use. The speaker systems will have such features as frequency response tuning to improve the quality of the sound in road, exhaust, and wind noise.
Decide on the size and thickness of the motorcycle fairing speaker before you make a purchase decision. The diameter and depth of the speaker have a direct effect on the sound quality and frequency range. You may also want to make sure that the motorcycle speaker fits properly and does not affect your riding ability.
The best motorcycle fairing speakers will deliver excellent sound. A crystal clear sound spices up your ride on a sunny Saturday afternoon. If you are thinking of having more sound, you may want to consider a handlebar speaker in addition to the fairing speakers. More expensive systems will mostly have the best sound quality. Invest wisely.
Even though the majority of the motorcycle speakers are waterproof, it doesn't hurt to confirm that it is water-resistant. You will be spending quite a chunk of time on the road, and the weather conditions can change for the worse. Of course, it is possible to run into ice, snow, or rain in a particular region, and it is vital the system can handle it. The speaker should have a durable finish to fend off water and function effectively.
The amount of power that a particular speaker can produce determines its effectiveness. This power is usually measured in watts and directly related to audio output volume and quality. The higher the wattage, the more volume the speaker can produce. If you prefer to take long country rides, then high-wattage speakers are most suitable. Stick to low wattage if just riding around town.
- Input Sources. Before you purchase, always confirm the input sources on the speaker system. An auxiliary input, Bluetooth connectivity, SD card play, and flash drive are some of the most popular input sources. More importantly, make sure that the speaker system comes with an input that will allow you to play music from your favorite device.
- Battery Life: Listening to music for extended periods when camping can drain the battery life and land you in trouble. That is especially true if you don't have a reliable charger or jump starter to keep you going. It is, therefore, a good idea if the speaker system comes with an extra battery to avoid getting stuck in unfamiliar territories.
Best Motorcycle Fairing Speaker Systems Reviews & Recommendations 2021
This motorcycle fairing speaker system combines a Batwing fairing and quality sound system. It may be one of the more expensive options available, but it makes you a road king. That means you can enjoy your favorite tunes and protect the engine as you ride. The fiberglass construction is a source of durability and strength, and you are guaranteed long-term use. It has a gel-coat black finish that fits every body type, and you have the option of painting it the color you prefer.
The faceplate is removable, and you can insert a CD drive, and the speakers come pre-wired to make installation easier. If necessary, you can install an auxiliary wire. It has a USB and a CD drive that can act as the primary source of the music. The system can play eclipse radio, AM, and FM.
On the downside, the motorcycle fairing speaker system is a bit pricey. You may also find that the volume buttons are not very effective; they drag for a few seconds. One major flaw is that you need to change the volume or the station with the one hand off the handlebars.
The Boss Audio Systems motorcycle speaker system has a straightforward and versatile installation. Typically, you can install the system to a scooter, motorbike, or even a bicycle. Boss Audio Systems speakers are known for good quality music, and you can finally enjoy that bike ride across town. The instructions are easy to follow, and the installation process does not take a lot of your time. The package includes an amplifier and two lamp-shaped good-quality speakers.
The affordable system comes with headphones that you can use to listen to music whenever necessary. This system has a rugged and weather-resistant design that allows you to use it in any weather conditions such as fog, dirt, and water splashes, and the system can overcome it all.
Unfortunately, using headphones is a considerable risk, especially when you are cruising at high speeds. The installation will require smaller tie wraps and soldering to keep the wires in place. Furthermore, the volume control is a bit rusty.
- Always have an extra battery for the fairing speakers if you are camping or stationary for extended periods. The battery will recharge itself when riding, but it is a different case when stationary.
- Purchase a headset with a microphone if you want to communicate safely with your riding buddies. A sound system where you don't have to lift your hand off the handlebars reduces the chances of an accident.
- Systems that are capable of playing quality sound at high volumes have an amp with 600 to 1000 watts. Check for speaker ratings in terms of decibels to determine the volume.
Q: Is there any difference between waterproof and water-resistant speakers?
A: Typically, weather-resistant speakers can hold well in foggy and humid environments, as well as occasional showers. However, being weather-resistant does not automatically make the speakers water-resistant. Weather-resistant speakers can get damaged if you leave them in the rain for long periods. Waterproof speakers, on the other hand, can overcome long exposure to rain.
Q: Are all motorcycle fairing speakers waterproof?
A: Please note that not all fairing speaker systems are waterproof. If you are riding mostly in high humidity areas, it is a good idea to pick a waterproof model. Check the customer reviews to be sure.
Marine-grade speakers are even better because they can withstand high humidity and rain. However, don't be in the habit of leaving your motorcycle outside in the rain. The other electronics will not fair well if you do.
Q: Is it safe to use motorcycle fairing speakers when driving?
A: Fairing speakers are different from a headset or headphones and, therefore, much safer. As a biker, you are much more aware of your surroundings when using motorcycle speakers, and you can navigate the traffic quite well. You can hear sirens from afar and also when a truck is about to overtake you.
If you want nothing but the best and money is not a problem, then you can go with our best overall pick,the Hoppe Quadzilla Fiberglass Fairing. It is an all-in-one system with a stylish batwing fairing and a rugged good-quality music system.
Occasional motorcycle riders that are on a budget can pick our best value option,the Boss Audio Systems MCBK420B Motorcycle Bluetooth Speaker System.