We may earn revenue from the products available on this page and participate in affiliate programs. Learn more ›
When you own a vehicle, you can upgrade its look, make it sound more aggressive, or buy a much-needed phone charger or practical jumper cables for convenience. Enhancing the ride of your car can make it more powerful and durable, while other accessories, like phone chargers and seat warmers, can make it more comfortable. Check out some high-quality car accessories to consider if you want to add value and style to your vehicle.
BLACK+DECKER Dustbuster Handheld Vacuum for Car
- Comes with two attachments
- Has good suction
- Slow to fully charge
Ainope Car Charger
- Sleek and durable metal body
- Charges quickly
- Sits loosely in the socket
- Lights aren’t bright
Drop Stop Car Seat Gap Filler
- One size fits most vehicles
- High-grade neoprene casing
- Doesn’t fit all vehicle seat gaps
- Can move around
Types of Car Accessories
These accessories help improve your car’s mileage, make it easier to control, and even monitor fuel consumption. There is a wide range of performance-enhancing car accessories, including after-market tires, cold air intakes, and tachometers. Performance enhancers, however, may have a negative effect on the car. For instance, they may affect insurance premiums.
Safety Car Accessories
We cannot emphasize enough the importance of safety accessories. Accessories like cargo liners protect the car’s exterior. A first aid kit can come in handy in the event of an accident and is one of the most important accessories you should have in your car. In our opinion, safety car accessories should come first.
Car Accessories for Organization
These are add-ons you install in your car to make it easier to organize stuff or to enhance your comfort. Tools such as car racks, sunroofs, and tow hooks are extremely helpful in organizing items and saving space. Most car accessories for organization can be quickly installed and removed, depending on your needs.
Protective Car Accessories
Protective car accessories safeguard your car from harm. It could be window tints or car covers that protect your car from harsh weather. Or it may be bull bars that prevent serious damage to the front section of the car. Other protective accessories include specialty screens, after-market locks, and dash cams.
Entertainment Car Accessories
No road trip is fun without a bit of entertainment. Cars come with their own entertainment features; however, there are car stereo systems that surpass OEM systems, like those made by Boss, Sony, and JBL. You can complement your car’s sound system with a DVD player.
Best Car Accessories: Reviews & Recommendations
Our Verdict on the Best Car Accessories
To leave your car looking brand new and clean on the inside, consider the BLACK+DECKER Dustbuster Handheld Vacuum for Car.
Or there’s the Ainope Car Charger, which features two charging ports for more convenience and a quick charge.
Benefits of Car Accessories
- Personalize your car. The car accessories you put in your car are an extension of yourself. For example, a cigarette lighter doesn’t just improve your car’s functionality, it makes a personal statement.
- Improve safety. Some accessories—like a smartphone car mount, seatbelt cutter, or high definition dash cam—help you to be safer on and off the road.
- Better performance. Accessories like mass airflow sensors can reduce fuel consumption. A cold air intake increases the torque and horsepower. The right car accessories can increase your car’s performance.
- Enhance aesthetic appeal. If you want your car to look stylish, you can get car accessories like plush leather seats or a steering wheel cover.
- Maintain or improve resale value. Cars normally depreciate in value. However, aftermarket features like Bluetooth connectivity, satellite radio, and GPS navigation boost a car’s resale value.
Car Accessories Pricing
- $5-$50: This range covers a lot of accessories, from LED lights to gear shift knobs. If you’re looking to spruce up your car on a budget, you can get accessories here.
- $50-$100: In this range, you’ll find accessories such as car racks, doorstep protectors, and custom gear shift knobs. Plenty of premium products are found here.
- $100-$200: This is where accessories that boost your car’s performance are found—like tire safety monitors and car vacuum cleaners.
- $200-$500: This price range features high-end accessories designed to significantly improve your car’s appearance or performance. Brakes, engine additions, and security features are found here.
Comfort and safety
When shopping for car accessories for a car’s interior, you need to make sure they enhance your comfort and safety. If you are uncomfortable, you won’t be able to drive well and may be irritable. This puts you and those around you at risk. Safety features make you feel more confident as you drive.
If the car accessory you’re thinking of getting uses the car’s power, it’s crucial to consider its impact on the overall consumption. This will help you to plan accordingly and avoid additional costs associated with battery replacement and servicing. If you get an accessory that drains your car’s battery, you may get stranded when you least expect it.
The last thing you want is for a car accessory to increase the operating costs of your car. This defeats the purpose of buying it. The best car accessories might require you to shell out a little bit more money; however, they will be easy to maintain.
- Ease of Use. A car accessory should improve the state of your car. The best car accessory might have cool features such as Android or iOS compatibility, LED backlights, or plug and play functionality. If it’s for the exterior, it should be easy to install and uninstall.
- User-Friendly. The best car accessories should be user-friendly. There’s no sense in buying an accessory if you won’t be able to use it. It should be easy to use and not take long to install.
- Bluetooth Connectivity: After Wi-Fi, Bluetooth is the most popular wireless technology. Car accessories with Bluetooth connectivity, like tire pressure gauges and radar detectors, keep you safe on the road.
- With heated seat cushions, make sure it is unplugged and turned off when you leave the vehicle because it can drain certain vehicles’ power.
- Many accessories, such as shock absorbers or engine components, can be installed yourself. However, you should consider having a professional install them to ensure they run properly and efficiently.
- Covers are a great accessory to have if you don’t have access to a garage to park your car in. They offer protection against thieves and debris while you’re away.
- Car vacuums aren’t necessarily loud, but you may want to wear headphones or earplugs when using them in your car. The tight and compact space might increase the noise they create put out.
Q: What car accessories should I invest in?
A: This depends on your personal style and choice. If you want to focus on changing the exterior look and style of your car, consider wrapping your vehicle. If you want to upgrade the sound or interior, you may want to invest in various components for the engine, such as new air intake, exhaust manifolds, or seat covers.
Q: How can I find out if an accessory is right for my car?
A: Consider ones that fit your specific model car. There may be some that are only equipped to fit trucks, jeeps, or SUVs. Check with the manufacturer to see if it has a list of vehicles its accessories are compatible with.
Q: Are there packs or kits for car accessories?
A: Some simple car accessory kits include a phone charger, first aid kit, and a flashlight. However, you should consider buying accessories separately. That way, you can choose the exact accessories you want and need.
Why Trust Us
Our reviews are driven by a combination of hands-on testing, expert input, “wisdom of the crowd” assessments from actual buyers, and our own expertise. We always aim to offer genuine, accurate guides to help you find the best picks.Learn more