If you want to replace your old and worn-out car seat covers with better covers that protect your seats from spills, mud, dirt, and grime, then consider neoprene seat covers. Neoprene is a waterproof material that has a soft and comfortable feel due to the heavy stitching that goes into constructing the material. It’s the same type of material that’s used to make wetsuits. Check out some of the best waterproof neoprene seat covers for all types of vehicles.
A universal neoprene seat cover that protects your seats from pet fur, sweat, dirt, and grime.
Cheap. Comfortable. Water-resistant. Includes an anti-slip backing and straps for a firm fit. Doesn’t stick to the skin. Includes seat belt protectors. Backed by a 100 percent lifetime money-back guarantee.
Not ideal for heated seats. Stains leather seats. Not a perfect fit for most trucks and SUVs.
This seat cover is made from 100 percent neoprene and beads up liquid droplets that fall on its surface. It’s side-airbag compatible.
Protects the headrest from greasy hair. It’s easy to slip on and offers a snug fit on most vehicles. Compatible with side armrests. Machine washable fabric. Shipping wrinkles disappear within a week.
It’s hard to remove dog fur and hair from the fabric. The bottom doesn’t stay in place on some seats.
A sporty, comfortable, red and black seat cover that protects leather and cloth car seats.
Stylish. Doesn’t interfere with heated seats. Made of washable and breathable materials. Available in a variety of colors. A good-fitting, semi-custom seat cover.
Not ideal for car seats with airbags on the side. Difficult to install. Comes with a weak zipper and straps.
Why Trust Us
Our reviews are driven by a combination of hands-on testing, expert input, “wisdom of the crowd” assessments from actual buyers, and our own expertise. We always aim to offer genuine, accurate guides to help you find the best picks.
Benefits of Neoprene Seat Covers
- Durable. Neoprene seat covers are almost as durable as leather seat covers. The covers are designed to resist wear and tear, stains, mildew, and other material-spoiling factors. Furthermore, they prolong the life of your car seats, so you don’t have to worry about replacing your car seats or covers for a long time.
- Heat-resistant. If you leave your vehicle in the sun, the heat accumulates inside your car and your seats become too hot to sit on. Neoprene seat covers don’t necessarily cool the seats in such situations, but they repel most of the heat from the sun and prevent your seats from attaining an unbearably hot temperature. Also, neoprene is a flame-protected material.
- Water-resistant. Neoprene covers are naturally water-resistant as they are made from the same material as wetsuits. The covers are ideal for family cars with children who may spill drinks or people who sweat a lot in their car. The covers prevent moisture from penetrating into the car seats and give you ample time to wipe it off.
- Aesthetics. Neoprene covers have an elegant and timeless look that will improve the interior design of your car. They also come in a variety of colors, and you could choose one that complements the existing upholstery in your vehicle. Neoprene covers are also the best for breathing life into old and worn-out car seats.
- Protection. Neoprene covers protect your car seats from degradation in which the car seat fabric tears or wears out and the metal framework underneath is exposed. In addition, if you spend most of your time in your vehicle, chances are that you may spill your drinks or food. Neoprene covers act as a defensive line against spills that may stain your car seats and cause a bad odor.
FH Group deals in floor mats and liners, auto covers, seat covers, and other auto accessories that customize a vehicle’s interior. It’s based in New Jersey and is famously known for its semi-custom seat covers that fit a variety of vehicles. They are also affordably priced. One of its best-selling neoprene seat covers is the FH Group Neoprene Blend Seat Cover.
Coverking is a cover manufacturing company headquartered in Anaheim, Calif. It was founded in 1986 and all of its covers are tested for quality by GM. For that reason, it’s an OE seat cover supplier for GM and Mazda. Its covers are made with 3D-imaging equipment, and that’s why they are a true fit and easy to install. Try out the Coverking Custom Fit, which is a premium Coverking seat cover.
Best Neoprene Seat Covers Pricing
- Under $100: Most universal seat covers fall into this price range. The products have water-resistance capabilities and come in a variety of colors and designs aimed at giving your car a cheap interior upgrade. The covers are designed with adjustable straps, elastic, and non-slip interiors for a snug fit.
- Over $200: Expect to find custom seat covers that are tailored to be an exact fit for your vehicle’s front and rear seats in this price range. The covers are made from genuine neoprene material with thick fabric designed to promote comfort and durability. You will notice that the stitching on the custom fit covers is designed to emulate the factory seat style.
A number of factors make a genuine neoprene seat cover durable. First, it must offer friction protection in order to resist natural wear and tear. Also, genuine neoprene repels dirt, sand, dust, grime, and other substances that may cause degradation of the seat cover if left on for too long. Neoprene is often blended with rubber to make the covers last longer.
The overall size of the seat cover should match your car’s seat dimensions but leave a slight allowance for installation. You should get the right fit for a seamless look of your car seat and general driving comfort. Measure your car seat dimensions, and take note of the design of the headrest. A detachable headrest should have a separate cover.
- Customizable Options. Instead of replacing your car seats, you could get customizable neoprene seat covers that come in different colors and designs. It’s an inexpensive way to improve the aesthetics of your vehicle’s interior.
- Airbag Compatibility. Some vehicles have airbags on the sides of the seats. If you have a continuous cover, it may block the airbags from being deployed during an accident. Some seat covers have an allowance for the side airbag to cater to such incidences.
- Adjustability. Choose a product with a firm, adjustable straps that are easy to hook up. The straps help secure a loose-hanging cover to create a seamless look. Also, it would be best if the color of the strap matches the covers.
- Comfort. Look into the comfort level promised by the seat covers to avoid spending more money in cover replacements or seat cushions. The best way to get a superior level of comfort is to get custom-fit neoprene seat covers for your car’s year, make, and model.
Best Neoprene Seat Covers Reviews & Recommendations 2021
Gorla is a premium universal seat cover that fits almost all vehicles. It forms a protective barrier against dirt, sand, grime, and pet fur. The product is also water- and sunscreen-protected. It features a unique, anti-slip backing coupled with integrated straps that keep the covers in place no matter how much you move around in your seat. Furthermore, the covers won’t stick to your skin when it’s hot and you are sweaty.
The seat covers are 54 inches long and 21.25 inches wide for complete coverage of your car seat. The seating surface is made up of nylon with a blend of 0.12 inches of neoprene for a comfortable seating surface that doesn’t stick to the skin. As a bonus, Gorla includes a free seat belt cover to protect your seatbelts from sweat and wearing out. The product is backed by a 100 percent lifetime money-back guarantee.
A downside of the covers is that they lose their anti-slip properties on heated seats and may slide around and curl up around the shoulder section. Also, the covers may discolor leather seats, especially in warm weather. In addition, the covers are not a great fit for larger vehicles like trucks and SUVs. They may feel too tight and rip at the seams with time.
If you are worried about cleaning up drink spills from your car seat, then we recommend the GY1121 for a cheaper way to protect the seats. It’s made of 100 percent water-resistant neoprene fabric that beads up any liquid that falls on the surface This gives you enough time to stop your vehicle and clean up the mess.
Once properly fitted, the cover stretches out from the tip of the headrest to the edge of the seat, while leaving the sides open for side airbag and armrest compatibility. To cater for the missing fabric, it has adjustable straps with multiple fasteners that tighten around the car seat with ease. The cover is compatible with almost all car models and its dimensions are approximately 53 by 22 inches.
Unfortunately, this may not be the best cover if you have pets, since a simple machine wash may not get rid of the fur. You have to use a car vacuum. Also, it may not be a snug fit on some car seats and the bottom may feel slightly wobbly.
The FH Group Neoprene Blend bucket seat cover is made from neoprene fabric, which forms a defensive layer against water spills, food, pet fur, as well as wear and tear. The covers feature 0.11 inches of EVA foam padding that make your sitting experience more enjoyable, especially on long drives. Moreover, they have an ergonomic and sporty look that improves the aesthetics of your car.
The covers are semi-customized to fit almost all car seats and come with a detachable headrest cover. Adjustable straps and a concealed Velcro opening help with easy installation and removal of the covers. The covers are machine washable and can be air-dried without the risk of shrinking. Additionally, the product comes in a variety of visually appealing colors, and it’s suitable for passenger cars, SUVs, and trucks.
A major drawback of this cover is that it blocks the airbags on the side of the seats, which is a safety issue. Also, the covers are difficult to install, and it has weak straps that may snap if you pull them too hard or you hook them to the wrong side. You may have to rely on a video tutorial to get the installation right. In addition, the covers attract dust.
Best for Toyota Pickup
This seat cover from RealSeatCovers is meant to cover the front bench seat of a 1985-1995 Toyota pickup truck. The cover can be cut to wrap around the two seats and has two molded headrests. This cover is semi-custom, so you are buying a cover that’s meant for your vehicle for the best fit. Black and grey neoprene material are used to construct this bench seat cover.
Not only is this cover made of neoprene, but it is also pre-treated with ScotchGuard to be stain-resistant and more durable. This cover is comfortable to sit on thanks to the soft outer polyester cloth that’s layered over the waterproof neoprene. There’s also a non-slip backing to keep your cover in place.
Unfortunately, this cover lacks style. It’s a bit boring and bland. The semi-custom fit isn’t perfect, which leaves you with some loose areas that can move around. This is very evident around the headrests and in the notch between the two seats.
Here is a set of two matching neoprene seat covers. They have a universal fit. The main construction of the covers is black, and they each feature two light gray stripes and chevron accent stitching down the middle. They have headrest covers and cell phone/ credit card pockets on the front of the seat.
These covers use high-quality, CR-grade neoprene. It’s an incredibly tough material and protects your car’s seats from dust, food, liquid, dirt, pets, and sun damage. You can expose them to rough conditions, and they won’t rip or fall apart. These covers are also compatible with airbags, so you don’t have to sacrifice your safety to improve the durability, looks, and comfort of your seats.
However, the universal fit of these covers means that they won’t perfectly fit your seats. The design may not blend with the interior of your car, either.
The Motor Trend AllProtect Seat Covers are sleek looking and blend right into the seats. The cover is versatile in nature and is designed to fit on all models of vans, double cab trucks, cars, and SUVs. Best of all, the cover features a soft padded layer of poly molded material increasing its comfortability.
The cover is available in three different colors so you can match your origins seat covers or add some flair to your car. Another great aspect of the cover is its waterproof lining. Which, let’s face it, accidentally spilling a drink in the car is bound to happen. It is even great for protecting the seats against scratches from kids or pets. It is also simple to install and slip right over the seats.
However, if your seats have armrests, you will be out of luck with this cover, as it does not include anywhere for the armrests to poke through. And even though the cover is universal, it may not fit snugly or securely over all types of seats. There may be some overhang or loose fabric in the corners or sides.
This neoprene seat cover set will protect a 2013-15 four-door Jeep Wrangler JK. It features a black-on-black material for seamless styling. The set comes with two covers for the front seats and one large cover for the back seat. They’re made entirely of neoprene, making them both durable and protective.
What’s really nice about this cover is that you can choose from a few different color options. If all black isn’t your taste, there’s black and grey, black and light tan, and black and red. They’re also simple and straightforward to install. The covers come rolled up in the box, so that there are no creases or fold lines.
Unfortunately, they may not fit as perfectly as promised. You should double check with the manufacturer that you’re ordering the correct covers for your vehicle year, make, and model. In addition, the colors are slightly off from the pictures online.
Coverking is a well-known name when it comes to automotive covers for both the whole car and its seats. This set is a bright blue and black combo and specifically made for the two-door 2007-10 JK Wrangler and Rubicon. You get two seat covers in this set.
One standout feature of these covers is the touchably soft outer material shell. This makes them incredibly comfortable to sit on. The neoprene layer also provides insulation and protection from damage, stains, and spills. The covers also look nice thanks to the craftsmanship that emulates the original OEM stitching.
One problem with these covers is that they are quite limited in the vehicles that they will fit. They’re also more expensive than other options on this list for the number of covers you get in the set. In addition, the blue may not match your vehicle’s color scheme.
The CarsCover Seat Cover is designed to snugly fit over front seats securely and easily. It is a premium seat cover made out of a sturdy neoprene material. Plus, it comes in individual pieces, each designed to fit on separate parts of the seat. You get two headrest covers, two backrest covers, and two bottom covers for a total of six pieces.
The seat cover is compatible with the Dodge Ram 1500, 2500, and 3500 pickup trucks. Each is specifically molded to fit comfortable and tightly on the two front seats of the truck. One of the best features of the covers is they won’t interfere with the heated seat function so you can continue to ride in comfort.
However, the biggest drawback with the seat covers is their price. For a set of two, you will end up paying quite a bit for extra convenience and protection. The instructions may also be a bit confusing to understand at first. This may also lead to them taking a bit longer to install than anticipated.
You can outfit your entire truck and protect all of the seats in your F-250 or F-150 with this seat cover set from Rough Country. They fit 2017-20 Ford F-250s or 2015-2020 F-150s and are specifically made to the manufacturer’s seat specifications. They’re a sleek black color, so they look good in any interior.
These covers are very durable due to their four-layer construction. They have neoprene, foam padding, and a protective polyester shell. The neoprene is water-resistant, breathable, and UV-resistant. The soft cushioning of these covers will make your stiff truck seats more comfortable.
One problem with these covers is that they are tedious to install. They fit so snug that you’ll have to fight to get them on and adjusted into place. You also should be careful if you decide to wash them, as the directions say they are washer and dryer safe, but this isn’t necessarily the case.
- The best way to clean neoprene seat covers is to wipe them clean with a microfiber cloth. Some manufacturers advertise that their products are machine washable, but you should avoid doing so to prevent discoloration or shrinkage.
- If you decide to shop online for a seat cover and are worried about ending up with an ill-fitting product, the best option is a semi-custom or a custom-fit seat cover. Most custom covers are designed for a specific car’s year, make and model, and it’s almost impossible to go wrong with them unless you get a defective product.
- If your seat cover comes with adjustable straps, be sure not to tighten them too tight. The straps may snap or leave creases on the cover that won’t go away. They may also weaken the cover due to the excessive force exerted at the seams.
Q. Are neoprene seat covers comfortable?
Yes. The covers are designed with thick material that requires heavy stitching to get the seams to hold firmly, line up evenly, and fit perfectly on a standard car seat for maximum comfort. In addition, neoprene is soft and doesn’t irritate the skin. However, custom-fit neoprene seat covers are more comfortable than universal fits.
Q. Are neoprene seat covers machine washable?
Most neoprene covers are machine washable, but you should respect what the manufacturer recommends when it comes to cleaning the covers. Ideally, neoprene covers require a top-load machine wash with a small amount of detergent. However, some low-quality covers may shrink, peel, or tear when machine-washed.
Q. Do universal seat covers fit all cars?
Not really. Universal seat covers do not fit snugly on most large vehicles. If you are lucky, you may find a universal seat cover that fits on your car seat like a glove. However, that shouldn’t worry you as some seat cover manufacturers have come up with universal seat covers with elastic edges and adjustable straps, which are customizable to suit the size and shape of your car seat.
Our pick for the best neoprene seat cover is the Gorla Premium Universal Seat Cover. It’s durable and offers maximum protection against water spills to keep your car seat odor-free.
If you are looking for an affordable set of waterproof neoprene seat covers for the front seats, choose the Goodyear GY1121 Seat Cover.