We may earn revenue from the products available on this page and participate in affiliate programs. Learn more ›
Your car’s door mirror could be scuffed while parked or dinged while you’re driving on a highway. Perhaps it’s intact and you simply want to express allegiance to your favorite sports team. Either way, this guide will help you choose among the best side mirror covers for cars to ensure your vehicle is well-protected and stylish.
Icescreen MIT-B-01 Mirror Mittz
MARKSIGN Waterproof Rear Mirror Covers
King Ice Snow and Ice Mirror Covers
Why Buy Side Mirror Covers?
- Cover scratches and scuffs. Damage to the side mirrors is too common for many reasons. Needless to say, these are an eyesore and depreciate your car’s value. A door mirror cover can serve as a cosmetic remedy or a preemptive solution to protect your car.
- Protect from damage. Most mirror covers are made out of a plastic material that’s designed for durability over their lifespan, protecting your car not only from accidental bumps from other motorists or kids on bicycles, but also from beaming sun rays, rain, ice, and snow.
- Custom appearance. Let’s say, hypothetically, that you don’t want to be like everyone else and fly your favorite pro football team’s flag out of your car window. With a side view mirror cover, you can express your fandom more uniquely: Cover your mirrors with the team’s logo and color. There are covers that represent various colleges and universities, plus country flags.
- Advertise your business. Slip on a pair of special-ordered car mirror socks to advertise and promote your company or product.
Best Side Mirror Covers for Cars: Reviews & Recommendations
Our top pick for the best side mirror covers for cars is the Icescreen MIT-B-01 Mirror Mittz set. Low-priced and durable, these covers are easily installed to shield your car’s rearview mirror from ice, snow, and bird droppings.
If you’re looking for another high-quality product at a low price, the MARKSIGN Waterproof Rear Mirror Covers are a good bet. They are available in black or silver.
Types of Side Mirror Covers
Plastic Mirror Covers
With high-quality ABS plastics, these stick-on mirror covers are optimal to cover scratched or damaged door mirrors. With a chrome-plated finish, your car’s rear-view mirrors will glisten in the sun and remain protected against scratches and severe weather. Chrome side-view mirror covers are mounted over the existing covers using automotive tape.
Fabric & Vinyl Mirror Covers
Fabrics such as spandex and polyester, along with vinyl, are also widely used materials in wing mirror covers. Just like a vanity license plate, you can choose your preferred mirror covers to express pride in your college alma mater or your favorite sports team. Also, you can elect to represent your heritage through a cover that features a country flag. Weatherproofing your car’s mirrors is cheap and seamless. You can avoid exposing your fingers to frost or ice.
Car Side Mirror Covers Pricing
- Less than $50: The choices at this price range are about value, and you’ll find serviceable and inexpensive products that can meet your needs. Most mirror bras and car mirror socks made of fabric materials are sold at this price point.
- $50-$100: The mid-range presents a variety of mount-on ABS plastic mirror covers from reputable brands. It’s up to you to choose from a chrome-plated mirror cap or a pair that matches or contrasts with your car’s paint.
- $100-$250: Products in this range are made with premium-grade materials and manufactured by leading, well-known brands. Chrome mirror covers for specific trucks may cost more than covers for SUVs and passenger cars.
Key Features to Look For
To ensure your car mirror cover replacement process goes smoothly, your mirror covers must be compatible with your car, truck or SUV so they will fit properly. Cross-referencing your car’s part number with the aftermarket manufacturer’s product description is a critical step. If you have any doubt, contact the seller to verify since this step will save you the hassle of returning a cover that doesn’t fit.
There are general reasons to use rear view mirror covers for cars and then there are specific reasons. If you have existing dings or scrapes that you want to cover up permanently, plastic mirror covers are a no-brainer. If you need something temporary, perhaps to protect your car against ice/snow or to support your favorite team, a durable fabric cover will suffice.
Figuring out how to cover a mirror comes down to individual taste and preference. If you prefer to avoid stick-on mirror covers, a vinyl mirror bra may do the job. As mentioned earlier, polyester fabric mirror covers are customizable and made out of durable fabric that shields against the elements and general wear and tear.
- ABS Plastic vs. Fabric: Automotive-grade ABS plastic is the most used material in stick-on covers. It’s durable and designed to stay on over an extended period of time. With a chrome polish or single or multi-color look, plastic covers add style as much as protection. Alternatively, side mirror protector car accessories are made out of fabric materials including spandex and polyester. These are lightweight, often waterproof/weatherproof, cheaper, and can be custom-designed to feature business logos, team insignia, and college team logos.
- Vinyl Mirror Bras: Made out of the same UV-resistant vinyl as car bras, the mirror bra is another option to protect your side-view mirrors. The snug-fitting mirror bras are available in universal colors, such as black and carbon fiber.
Tips for Side Mirror Covers
- It’s not just rain, ice, or snow that affects your car mirrors. Outside mirror covers can work their magic to protect against pesky bird droppings, which can blemish and stain the mirrors.
- For the best results, install snap-on mirror covers on a warmer day, preferably when the temperature is at least 59 degrees Fahrenheit. The adhesive tape will stick more securely under these conditions.
Q: Does a plastic side mirror cover include a mirror replacement?
A: The mirror covers, often the popular chrome mirror caps, only replace the upper part of the rearview driver and passenger side mirror. The mirror and the lower part of the assembly remain intact after the replacement is mounted in place.
Q: How do chrome mirror covers stay in place?
A: Manufacturers use heavy-duty 3M adhesive tape, which is pre-applied, to secure the covers to a clean surface.
Why Trust Us
Our reviews are driven by a combination of hands-on testing, expert input, “wisdom of the crowd” assessments from actual buyers, and our own expertise. We always aim to offer genuine, accurate guides to help you find the best picks.Learn more