Supercharged Nitrous Corvette Versus Tuned Nissan GT-R: Who Wins?
When the tuned cars come out to play, all bets are off.
Pitting unmodified cars against each other at the drag strip tends to produce predictable results, since their numbers are a matter of record. But when drivers bring tuned vehicles —for example, like when a nitrous-equipped Corvette faces off against a tuned Nissan GT-R—the regular rules get tossed out the window. Tuned engines can be temperamental. People can lie about what they've done under the hood. There's no good way of predicting how things could turn out, the way you frequently can in drag races between stock cars. Which tends to make things a lot more interesting from a spectator's standpoint.
So on the face of it, this drag race between an AMS-tuned Nissan GT-R and a supercharged, nitrous oxide-boosted Chevrolet Corvette Stingray is anybody's game. The GT-R comes with AMS's Alpha 7 package, which turns the wick up on the stock snails to 700-horsepower and 723-lb.-ft. of torque. It's unclear exactly what the Corvette is running—the description only mentions that it's blown and supplements its diet with N20—but considering the performance it puts in once the metaphorical light turns green, it's clearly playing in a similar league as the modified Godzilla.
It doesn't help the Corvette (or the GT-R owner's karma) that the Nissan seems to take a Seinfeld start, leaping ahead of the blocks a moment before the actual start of the race. Still, once underway, the Stingray's sleek aero and nitrous-fueled small block help it close the gap all the way up until...well, we don't want to give away the ending, but let's just say it's damn close.
- RELATED11-year-old in Lamborghini Huracan Smokes Man in CorvetteThe children are our future and that future is fast.READ NOW
- RELATEDChevrolet Corvette Z06 Vs. Mercedes-AMG GT-R at the NürburgringThe hills are alive with the sound of V-8s.READ NOW
- RELATEDCorvette, Supra Drift It Out in the Snowy Russian ForestA drifting face-off made for anyone nostalgic for winter.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This Callaway-Tuned Corvette Z06 Blast Past 200 MPHZero to Mach 0.27 in little more than half a minute.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This 3,200HP Twin-Supercharged Ford Mustang Run a 4.18 QuarterDon’t blink. You may miss it.READ NOW