11 Great Cars Cheaper Than the Pagani Huayra’s New Handling Pack
$180,000+ can buy an awful lot of cool metal. Or some aero bits for a single supercar.
As if the 730-horsepower Pagani Huayra weren't enough of a monster already, the Italian supercar manufacturer now offers a new handling package that will reportedly push the car's performance from "world-class" to, um, whatever is better than that. We don't know for sure, because Pagani is still being cagey about what, exactly, those add-ons will be. All we know is that the package itself is about as expensive as a brand-new Ford Focus ST...plus a brand-new Acura NSX.
The "Pacchetto Tempesta," while Google Translate tells us is Italian for "Pontiac Tempest" "Storm Package," adds a litany of carbon-fiber aerodynamic accouterments to the super-pricey supercar. Pagani says it will involve unique wheels and a new front splitter that looks sharp enough to slice a sheet of depleted uranium. The engine and transmission are believed to go unmolested, but reports suggest the package will also add a lightweight titanium exhaust and a revised suspension setup.
Considering the asking price, the Pacchetto Tempesta better be more than just a body kit and some new rims. According to Autocar, the Storm Package will set buyers back €160,000 before the tax man adds his tariff—roughly $182,000 at today's exchange rates.
Now, as a percentage of the Huayra's roughly $1.3 million MSRP, that may not seem like much for a Huayra buyer—but it's still more than a whole bunch of cars we wish we had parked in our garage. So we at The Drive pulled together a list of incredible vehicles we'd buy instead of equipping our imaginary Huayra with the Pacchetto Tempesta. Hey, it's not like our make-believe Pagani handles like a turd without it.
Porsche 911 GT3 RS—$175,900
Mercedes-AMG S63 Coupe—$163,150
Audi R8 V10 Plus—$189,000
A different Subaru BRZ for every day of the week—$177,705 ($24,915 x 7)
- RELATEDCruising Miami in a Custom Pagani HuayraWhen you're offered a ride in a $1.6 million hypercar, you take it.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Pagani Huayra Pearl is the Only One of its Kind in the WorldLet the litany of Pagani Huayra special editions commence!READ NOW
- RELATEDDid We Just Spot the New Pagani Huayra S Testing in Italy?Why the camo, bro?READ NOW
- RELATEDDriving a Pagani Huayra to Whole Foods Still Doesn’t Make You the Most Obnoxious Person ThereThat would be the fellow buying the asparagus water.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Pagani Zonda Did Not Just Lap the Nürburgring in 6:30Reports are surfacing that a special edition Pagani has set the Nüburgring production car lap record. It didn’t. And here’s why.READ NOW